Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Furon137

01-04-2013

This contest is starting to get wierd. Riot is just making up rules as we go along.

IS1c0d7209170c96

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyyusGirl View Post
The pictures I submitted were at the max width of 720, but because my camera has a different ratio it was smaller than 1280. Cropping it to become the exact right resolution was pretty much impossible because parts of the cookie/summoner name would disappear.. does that mean my entries are invalid?
u have to upload 2 pictures ur name have to be in one of the 2 pictures (sry for my bad english im from germany)

Furon137

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1c0d7209170c96 View Post
u have to upload 2 pictures ur name have to be in one of the 2 pictures (sry for my bad english im from germany)

Yeah, I only have one picture with my Summoner name in it.

A Wild Magikarp

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furon137 View Post
This contest is starting to get wierd. Riot is just making up rules as we go along.
Such as? I feel like I missed something here. Other than the type-o they had about submission deadlines (which I think they handled fine), I don't know what else has changed since the contest started.

Lilybet

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandarus View Post
Vandarus: (after submitting entry on 01/02) I have crafted the perfect, utterly unique entry sure to secure a win! Adorable Yordles spreading peace and holiday cheer! Nothing can stand between me and victory!
Wifom: Submits adorable Amumu…
Vandarus: O.O
Russian Groom: Submits adorable Snowmerdinger…
Vandarus: O.O”
Dreampod: Submits 3-dimensional Snowmerdinger…
Vandarus: :O
Morphine: Submits perfect Re-Gift Amumu…
Vandarus: D:
Lilybet: Submits an entire bevy of Christmas Yordles…
Vandarus: stops looking because this is just depressing now..
Xin It To Win It: …the deadline has been extended…
Vandarus: A second chance!!!

So… my second, Yordle-Free entry (technically my first idea which I scrapped mid-way in favor of fun-loving Yordles…), snuck in five minutes before midnight (whew!). Looking at everyone's great entries though, I actually feel bad for the judges who can only pick five out of all these submissions. Good luck to all who entered the contest and Happy New Year all.

Aw. I'm honoured that you mentioned mine! I really like the way you did your cookies, too. Did you use icing paint pens?

Caelsia

01-04-2013

hey nikasaur, I 'm worried about the last entry i do, cause of deadline y cannot explain well my entry and I put a wrong information about the user name of a mate.

I'm from EUW my summoner's name is "Temy" and the wrong data is the user's name of the summoner Luseffyth, I put Luseffyt without h and this dude has the same summoners and users name. sorry about the confusion and my bad english U_U

ifchuz

01-04-2013

Hey, in my submission the picture looks a little messed because of the resolution change so here's some Everyone's looks amazing but I hop you guys enjoy mine I spent way too much time and material on this after all, they can't all look good BUT I STILL LOVE IT ahaha

"although Lulu is a support, I play her as a jungler" -Phreak
When I ate this I DID TONS OF DAMAGE!

Naringsliv

01-04-2013

Two friends and I worked really hard to make Ezreal's Edifying Edible Edifice: The Institute of (Hearth's) War(ming). Gingerbread from scratch ftw.
The building is a good 24"x20.5"x12", haven't measured the stairs.

Emulating http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....ituteofwar.png

A Wild Magikarp

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naringsliv View Post
Two friends and I worked really hard to make Ezreal's Edifying Edible Edifice: The Institute of (Hearth's) War(ming). Gingerbread from scratch ftw.
The building is a good 24"x20.5"x12", haven't measured the stairs.

Emulating http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....ituteofwar.png
Yes! Someone found a way to incorporate ribbon candy into their submission. That stuff is the best =)

Nice work on the submission too btw. Looks like it took up a good chunk of your holidays to make that big boy.

A Wild Magikarp

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelsia View Post
hey nikasaur, I 'm worried about the last entry i do, cause of deadline y cannot explain well my entry and I put a wrong information about the user name of a mate.

I'm from EUW my summoner's name is "Temy" and the wrong data is the user's name of the summoner Luseffyth, I put Luseffyt without h and this dude has the same summoners and users name. sorry about the confusion and my bad english U_U

I wouldn't worry too much about something like that to be honest. If you properly submitted your 2 photos at the right 1280x720 size and made sure to write at least 1 name in icing for your submission, you should be fine if you misspelled someone's name somewhere along the way. I assume the primary reason they wanted the name(s) in icing was to prevent people from making an entry in advance (just like they required you to have something edible from the game for the Noxus Noms contest). And as long as you got your name right when you used the submission form, they'll know a correct contact.

If you happen to be one of the winners, Riot will contact you and you'll have to take care of filling out a form, etc. If that happens, you should be able to correct the name mistake so that person gets proper credit and can receive some of the rewards. Just like the last contest where they said you were allowed to send a part of your RP prize to other people if you won, I imagine the same would apply here in terms of dividing up the skins/gear that you win. Luseffyth (or any other friend you might want to surprise with a skin, etc.) should be fine then once you talk with a Rioter.

Hope that helps. (I may be wrong but again, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It shouldn't affect your chances of winning and would be correctable should you be chosen as one of the winners.)