Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

puppichuu

01-03-2013

Quote:
Amazing shape and color! You did a great job!
Thanks! you did a beautiful job yourself!! Good Luck!! I can't wait to start voting!!

Ace D93

01-03-2013

Thank you Riot for allowing us to post our submissions today! Here is mine, more of a step by step of it set of pictures. This was really fun! Best of luck to everyone!

AlchemicFudge

01-03-2013

Here is our submission:

Morphìne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

All of these entries look so soo amazing!
I only just realized my photos weren't exactly 1280x720, the cropping program I used brought them to like 1277x717 and weird things like that, I'm counting on them still being ok, considering they're only a few pixels off.. But I could also always give Riot many more/the same ones at full size if they need.

For anyone that didn't see mine but want to, it's on page 21! .
There's been so many marvelous creations, they all look amazing!
I would honestly give a gift to everyone that's submitted them from what I've seen,
even if it's just a small gift to the ones that don't win, say a Snowdown skin of choice? .

Anyway, I hope everyone had as much fun as myself making their sculptures and enjoyed/enjoy eating them too! I'm about 50% through mine now .

AlligatorTraitor

01-03-2013

Holy cow! These people's things are incredible, simple amazing!

Bravo!!

I was satisfied with my little Christmas Renekton.... was. haha
O well, was still a blast making him! Can't wait to see more people's amazingly creative pictures!

Lord Poet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Vandarus: (after submitting entry on 01/02) I have crafted the perfect, utterly unique entry sure to secure a win! Adorable Yordles spreading peace and holiday cheer! Nothing can stand between me and victory!
Wifom: Submits adorable Amumu…
Vandarus: O.O
Russian Groom: Submits adorable Snowmerdinger…
Vandarus: O.O”
Dreampod: Submits 3-dimensional Snowmerdinger…
Vandarus: :O
Morphine: Submits perfect Re-Gift Amumu…
Vandarus: D:
Lilybet: Submits an entire bevy of Christmas Yordles…
Vandarus: stops looking because this is just depressing now..
Xin It To Win It: …the deadline has been extended…
Vandarus: A second chance!!!

So… my second, Yordle-Free entry (technically my first idea which I scrapped mid-way in favor of fun-loving Yordles…), snuck in five minutes before midnight (whew!). Looking at everyone's great entries though, I actually feel bad for the judges who can only pick five out of all these submissions. Good luck to all who entered the contest and Happy New Year all.

Mindus Dew

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Dang, didn't think so many people would enter haha. A lot of great entries. Mine isn't as detailed as some but I'm still proud of it! The Gingerbread Brothers of Noxius!

tidalCadence

01-03-2013

Finally finished mine, but had a few errors in the mix. My poor gingerbread house was unwilling to hold up Grinchcrank. :C

Luckily, it held out barely long enough for a picture.

It was fun baking the cake, so it all turned out fine.

Morphìne

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandarus View Post
Vandarus: (after submitting entry on 01/02) I have crafted the perfect, utterly unique entry sure to secure a win! Adorable Yordles spreading peace and holiday cheer! Nothing can stand between me and victory!
Wifom: Submits adorable Amumu…
Vandarus: O.O
Russian Groom: Submits adorable Snowmerdinger…
Vandarus: O.O”
Dreampod: Submits 3-dimensional Snowmerdinger…
Vandarus: :O
Morphine: Submits perfect Re-Gift Amumu…
Vandarus: D:
Lilybet: Submits an entire bevy of Christmas Yordles…
Vandarus: stops looking because this is just depressing now..
Xin It To Win It: …the deadline has been extended…
Vandarus: A second chance!!!

So… my second, Yordle-Free entry (technically my first idea which I scrapped mid-way in favor of fun-loving Yordles…), snuck in five minutes before midnight (whew!). Good luck to all who entered the contest and Happy New Year all.
Thanks! I'm really happy with my Re-Gifted Amumu,
it was so hard to start eating him :P. Just so yummy though..
Naww I've been feeling the same, though I do still have some faith in my Amumu .
He's just too cute! But so have many others been! I really like both of your submissions too!
There's just been so many wonderfully made submissions and I've only seen the ones here! I can't wait to see the whole lot!
Also, although the huge amount of amazing submissions makes our odds less, I'm sure you had fun making them, and everyone should be proud of what they've done!
We should all group together and start a gingerbread cake bake house! .

RoyyusGirl

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin it to Win It View Post
You will want to make your images fit the specified resolution. You can use a number of programs to crop your images after you take them.
The pictures I submitted were at the max width of 720, but because my camera has a different ratio it was smaller than 1280. Cropping it to become the exact right resolution was pretty much impossible because parts of the cookie/summoner name would disappear.. does that mean my entries are invalid?