Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

philz

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by davu View Post
Going to post our collaborative work too! Make with the girlfriend & her sister. Took about 2 weeks to finish, yea we took our time buying all the ingredients, food colourings, and piping tips etc.

I see that everyone put a lot of effort in their submissions, so decided to share ours too since deadline almost over and was unsure if our submission was lodged or not. It was a really fun event and we had to make the ginger bread 2-3 times before we got it right.

So a little about our submission...it was called:

Welcome to Yordles' Rift - Christmas Version!

Bad Santa Veigar's team of little helpers are spreading Christmas cheer on the Fields of Justice. Happy Elf Teemo is about to report for duty after ensuring that all the festive items located on the Christmas wagon are in order.

As the snow begins to fall, Teemo is called to scout Top lane. Middle lane is to be protected by Bad Santa Veigar while Bottom lane will be covered by Earnest Elf Tristana & Snowmerdinger. Re-gifted Amumu is getting ready to roam the jungles outside of Bandle City. Let's wish them luck on this Christmas adventure.

This collaborative work is made by summoners - A drop of No 5, davu and House of Chanel using gingerbread as the primary tool to build the wagon, platform & trees. Decorations used to complete this work include lollies, chocolate, royal icing, buttercream icing and marshmallow fondant.

All the best to all contests, it's not about who wins - all about the journey and experience we all gained from it.
Looks delicious, but the sheer amount of sugar makes me shudder .. well, the contest is based on gingerbread, so you can't really expect any less

Ro Shampo

01-03-2013

3. Contest Period. The Contest shall commence on 12/13/2012 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) (the “Commencement Date”), and shall continue in duration until 1/3/2013 at 11:59 PM PT (the “Deadline”). Entries received after the Deadline are not eligible to win. Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee shall be the sole determiner of all contest-related dates and time periods.

it wont let me upload WTF

iWeasle

Recruiter

01-03-2013

January 2nd dude sorry.

A Wild Magikarp

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro Shampo View Post
3. Contest Period. The Contest shall commence on 12/13/2012 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) (the “Commencement Date”), and shall continue in duration until 1/3/2013 at 11:59 PM PT (the “Deadline”). Entries received after the Deadline are not eligible to win. Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee shall be the sole determiner of all contest-related dates and time periods.

it wont let me upload WTF

Several of us were asking for a clarification on this but I think the staff monitoring this thread were out of the office for the holidays. I really feel like people who bring up submission issues by the end of tonight should be allowed to get credit for their hard work. I can see where Riot would need to draw a line so as to avoid people getting unfair amounts of extra time, but I know I wouldn't want to win the contest because someone else with an awesome submission got DQ'd because of this technicality. Hope it works out for you. Either way, we'd all love to see what you made in this thread. =)

LizardMixture

01-03-2013

Sooo many good entries!!
Here's ours - the Nexus! Sort of..

We also created a silly video of the creation process. There were a lot of... ahhh mishaps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kNEy...DvmTwtaZkYEbsA

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

01-03-2013
14 of 15 Riot Posts

The WooBox Submission form has been re-opened. The contest was supposed to end last night, but it was our error, so you have until midnight PST.

iWeasle

Recruiter

01-03-2013

Query, then judging will be postponed until tomorrow?

UCDNebulous

01-03-2013

It has to be, they can't judge until all entries are in.

Good Guy Riot re-opening submissions even though they didn't have to <3

Ghoststorm2013

01-03-2013

If we forgot to put the Server we play on such as NA by our Summoner Name will it truly hurt our chances?

Devanstator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin it to Win It View Post
The WooBox Submission form has been re-opened. The contest was supposed to end last night, but it was our error, so you have until midnight PST.
Xin, if I've already made my submission but my images were of the wrong aspect ratio (1280x960 instead of 1280x720), should I re-submit my entry with different images? It's a bit of a pain that it has to be exactly those dimensions because in order to crop them I'd need to take the photos from farther back, which significantly hampers my ability to do detail shots. Is it acceptable to have black bars on the sides to meet the requirements? Is there risk of disqualification based on this requirement?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide