Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pickle Pet

01-03-2013

;A; Everyone else's is so colorful and awesome.

Here's the submission me, my big sis and big bro made! Our rendering of the base.
Took us 3 days and A LOT of gingerbread. > <
GL HF!

AlbinoDruid

01-03-2013

Well, I like a lot of you am getting nervous and hungry, so I thought I'd also upload the shots I submitted! My best college friend and I decided to craft our original lane composition that we used when we first started playing together after he introduced me to the game: TeeMao! Though both of these champions have official Snowdown skins, we figured we'd make cheap knock-offs because we don't (hopefully yet!) own them.

Maokai was layered gingerbread cookies and cocoa crispy marshmallow treat, with decorative gingerbread cookies for the face and hand. His saplings dressed as snowmen for the party. A candy cane sticks out of his back on which his "lantern" hangs, and his extended arm was also a candy cane drilled into his side, covered in rice crispy. Teemo is, as you might have guessed, mostly fondant, and his peppermint mushrooms litter the Rift!

Neither of us had any baking experience of this magnitude (my family and I only ever bake cakes, and that is always yellow cake with butter cream frosting), but we found a way to make all of the mediums used homemade except for the candy canes, peppermints, and toothpicks.

Such a good Snowdown! Best of luck to you all, and we both hope you had a great one!

Karma Adjuster

01-03-2013

This looks like some fierce competition! Well done everyone!

Attached is my entry, a Gingerbread Vilemaw:

More pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/karmaad...7632421872506/

BeelzeBuff

01-03-2013

Demacia vs. Noxus snowball fight

Baron got the right idea and held up the mistletoe for Lux and Katarina

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps09b8a6b6.png

EDIT:

after seeing everyone else's,

i give up

Lucidia

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinJuKa View Post
7 hours of work finally ending up with this: http://imgur.com/a/HWgL4#27

If you scroll through the rest of the album, you can see the entire creation process!

It also seems Lucidia had nearly the same exact concept as me and my friend did, hah!
Haha it just seemed like the two would go hand and hand. Love how yours turned out.

Devanstator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Pet View Post

Here's the submission me, my big sis and big bro made! Our rendering of the base.
GL HF!
Wow, that's a lot of attention to detail and a good focus on gingerbread. I think you guys have a really good shot!

MEOWMEOW808

01-03-2013

Everyone's entries look soo colorful and CUTE! >__< <3.

Since everyone's posting theirs up...here's my entry. fingers crossed. Good Luck everyone!! (^__^)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9189639...in/photostream

A Wild Magikarp

01-03-2013

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4486311...n/photostream/

So here's my full submission. I know that a lot of people aren't fans of fondant so I didn't use any (although the "candy clay" recipe using melted chocolate + corn syrup does tend to look like it... /shrug. I had fun using it before and wanted to try and mess around with it some more.)

I really wanted to get creative when it came to the outfits my characters would wear. I ended up with a bunch of cool ideas for holiday skins but only got to implement a couple here (guess that just means we need more contests so I can bring those other ones to life!), those being Penguin Teemo (first thing to be deleted post-submission) and Reveling Ryze who is sporting a candle on his back while he sings along to Sona's lovely music.

I'm a big fan of that Doran's Wreath icon so knew I had to include that in the scene. Lol boots as stockings were a must do as well. The black/white present and the right candy cane on the fireplace have a Baron-themed pattern going on (yeah I know it's a stretch, but his eyeballs were the inspiration behind the pattern... just go with it ;p). Finally, I wanted to give a little tribute to a Rioter within the submission so I ended up using IronStylus' parrot as the topper to the tree.

List of some of the ingredients: Gingerbread, butter cookies, Pirouette wafers (the red/white spiral things), graham crackers, cereal treats (core for the piano), pretzels, black licorice, red licorice lace, 'candy clay', royal icing (a failed batch made a great cement to attach stuff to the backdrop, etc.), chocolate-covered sunflower seeds, various sprinkles, etc.... you get the idea ;p

Outside of a little help working the chocolate to soften it, this was 100% my doing (next time I'm strong arming some friends to help... this was a heck of a lot to do solo). I used the week before Christmas to plan out a bunch of ideas since I was out of town and much of the remaining holidays to get things done. I'm really pleased with the experience I got doing this because it will allow me to do a bunch of things a lot more efficiently in the future. Big shout out to my family for being cool and letting me do this during such a hectic holiday time this year. Finally, if any of the ideas in my submission happen to be something you've suggested in the past, I tip my hat to you and give you credit for it... I didn't do any digging myself to look for ideas but do want to recognize any creative ideas y'all may have come up with that I didn't know about.

Best of luck again to everyone who entered the contest. There are already a bunch of incredible entries and I'm sure we'll see a bunch more by the time things are said and done.

Qichin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Pet View Post

GL HF!
I love the detail in there, especially the tiles. So well done!

Pigeon Prodigy

01-03-2013

This seems to be turning out to not be gingerbread/cookies/graham crackers, but into who can sculpt something using food/food like items... I hope the sculptures dont take all the placings