Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeelzeBuff

01-02-2013

If one of the awesome Fondant sculptures wins i'm gonna bust a nut.

Winyberth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

Hey hi, someone know where is going to be the page to vote?

DannyMeep

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeelzeBuff View Post
If one of the awesome Fondant sculptures wins i'm gonna bust a nut.
Agreed. Although they look really nice, well thought out, and took a lot of time, I feel this contest should be judged based on the criteria, being cookies, gingerbread, and graham crackers.

Shaann

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMeep View Post
Agreed. Although they look really nice, well thought out, and took a lot of time, I feel this contest should be judged based on the criteria, being cookies, gingerbread, and graham crackers.
Using fondant doesn't mean we didn't put effort into those parts.

I baked gingerbread to make a cake, covered my cake in gingerbread cookies (that I also baked), and made cake balls with my gingerbread to form my champions. I used fondant to cover my gingerbread cake ball champions. The majority of my project was made with gingerbread and gingerbread cookies.

Ron Paul

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMeep View Post
Quoting for truth. I don't mind if they have fondant in them, of course it's fine for features and parts, but if you just put a graham cracker or cookie in the background or a piece of gingerbread on the floor, you really don't deserve to win or even top 40 the "Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest".

DannyMeep

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaann View Post
Using fondant doesn't mean we didn't put effort into those parts.

I baked gingerbread to make a cake, covered my cake in gingerbread cookies (that I also baked), and made cake balls with my gingerbread to form my champions. I used fondant to cover my gingerbread cake ball champions. The majority of my project was made with gingerbread and gingerbread cookies.
I just want to clarify that I am not in anyway downplaying your creation or anyone else's for that matter. I know a lot of work went into everyone's entry and I enjoyed seeing what everyone came up with. I don't mind fondant one bit and I know that exploring every option available gives an edge over the competition.

I was just commenting in hopes that this contest won't be like the previous ones in which, to quote someone earlier in this thread, "the winners won't be a screenshot of pure fondant".

Ombria

01-02-2013

Some very beautiful entries have been submitted; there is no dispute there. I think the concern about judging is based around the clarification made on page 5 by nika:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikasaur View Post
Yes, you have to visibly have gingerbread, graham crackers or cookies in the creation, and bonus points if it's the focus of the submission. If it is not visible, it is not eligible.

Ronyo

01-02-2013

I'm assuming they haven't picked the 10 yet?

Furon137

01-02-2013

Does this mean that my warthog won't count!? It's made completely out of graham crackers but I covered it with white icing.

Ronyo

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furon137 View Post
Does this mean that my warthog won't count!? It's made completely out of graham crackers but I covered it with white icing.
This.