Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Wild Magikarp

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandAlen View Post
For a riot member, Is it alright if we have a base that is like Cardboard or something as long as we cover it with cookies and treats? like I'm making it so you can remove the cookies from the cardboard.
IMO think of a base/backdrop/backboard in terms of a plate you'd put food on... the food has to go on something even if the plate itself isn't edible. You should be more than free to use something like cardboard, plywood, etc. to build your stuff on.

For example, I'm just using a a piece of foam board as my backdrop (serving as a wall) that I'll attach some of my edible goodies to (since they can't just hover in the air after all ;p). It doesn't enhance the submission in any way (just one solid color) so I don't see why something like that would be a problem. It also serves to block out whatever bit of my messy house you'd see otherwise as I photograph it! But yeah, if you've ever seen shows like Cake Boss, non-edible framework is always a part of the equation when it comes to food art, be it a base and/or backboard. What you don't want to do is say build a cardboard house right in the middle of your submission or say use Hot Wheels cars instead of making edible ones, etc.

*** A good example I think of this is the chessboard from one of the Noxus Noms winners. While it doesn't appear to be edible, it's just a base for all the edible cupcake pieces.

Gubogi

12-29-2012

Is there a certain time zone for the contest ending?? D:

Wifom

12-30-2012

This was made among me and a couple of my students who play League. :P We worked a really long time on this! The boys are really excited and hoping to win some skins haha.

OzScorcher

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifom View Post
This was made among me and a couple of my students who play League. :P We worked a really long time on this! The boys are really excited and hoping to win some skins haha.
Sorry to burst your bubble but where's the gingerbread?

H3iSenBeRG

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzScorcher View Post
I thought they said you can use cookies or graham crackers as well. I hope that my cookie picture isn't disqualified because I didn't have ginger bread :O

Wifom

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzScorcher View Post

Yea, as long as you have one of gingerbread, cookies, graham crackers, it's okay (according to the rules).

A Wild Magikarp

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifom View Post
I do believe my eyes see some mint chocolate chips in your submission. If so, you have no idea how jelly I am of you for having access to them. I've been all over creation here trying to score a bag to make some mint chocolate chip cookies ;p

Btw, GL to you and your buddies on the submission!

Spectre017

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Hi, we are two people working on it. My question is, if we won the prizes (champs and skins), will be assigned randomly or we can pick them as we like?

Lilybet

12-31-2012

I just submitted mine. Good luck to everyone who's entered. And also, it is SO HARD to find sugar cubes. >.<

A Wild Magikarp

12-31-2012

Can't seem to find a clarification on the submission deadline...

* "Official rules" deadline ends right as the clock would turn to midnight making it 1/4.
* Forum post deadline ends in the same manner but would end right before it becomes 1/3.

I understand that it would just be best to have this stuff done tonight... for me that won't be possible due to a very unfortunate family emergency. That of course takes precedence over trying to win some LoL skins... depending on that deadline though, I could avoid needing to pull an all nighter tonight once I get back from the hospital if I had until Wednesday evening to finish as the official rules suggest. Thanks for the clarification and hope everyone has a safe and happy evening tonight =)