Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ogre Bard

12-23-2012

What is the reason for the:

"Submit 2 1280x720 pictures of your entry as .jpg or .png"

Requirement?

Most cameras don't save photos at this aspect ratio. We have some good photos of our entry, but they will not crop to these dimensions without losing significant portions of the piece. Our only other option is to add whitespace to either side, effectively shrinking the photo. Is it really a big deal if we just upload the images to scale? (That is, make the biggest side 1280 and let the other scale appropriately.)

IshtarBlood

12-24-2012

Same questions as above!

1) Do each of us in the team submit the pictures, or do we submit one form with all names?
2) Should we just max the dimension of one side to 1280px since the aspect ratio will be off if we try to force the other side?
3) Since we only get 2 pictures, can we submit one as a "collage" picture of multiple angles or shots? We took in-progress shots to prove that our entry is 100% edible, and we also have a picture of all materials used.

Thanks!

puppichuu

12-24-2012

I have the same questions as above! Both the scaling of the pictures (don't want to distort them) and about the collage (nice to show some close ups).
Thanks!

Bellatricks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

I'm guessing the reds are away for the Holidays so we won't get the answers to the picture questions 'til after. I reallllly hope they let us do collages That would be really nice to show off everything.

DarkestSuccuboss

12-24-2012

This is so cool! I am so in anyway good luck to you all and have a jolly weekend! ^^

tidalCadence

12-25-2012

I need to find time to do this! Busy holiday season is busy.

W1nddancer

12-26-2012

I did the contest and submitted pictures but for the life of me i was unable to make my iphone take pictures in that size .. i did submit high quality large photos of my entry and i hope im not disqualified

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corran View Post
My problem with the last food contest was it rewarded people who could make sculptures out of fondant, not creativity with food. There were a lot of runner ups in the contest that should have been in the top 10 over the ones where it was a screenshot of pure fondant.

In terms of non-artistic contests, I feel like the contest where you had to hold up a sign in a crowd was a step in the right direction (the one I could have actually participated in). You could do more "go out and do this" contests or some kind of scavenger hunt type contest.
Totally agree. While I don't have the best artistic talent in the world, I'm a very creative person and can definitely compete in those contests (I did win the weirdest place logo contest with the logo on top of Mt. Fuji). Shame back then all you got was 1820 RP or something. Now you get an insane amount!

Also, surprised they are giving away LE skins... I mean, they never did say they wouldn't *give* them away in the future, but Riot has been reluctant to give them away in other competitions before (a winner I knew asked for Kitty Cat Katarina over 5k RP and they wouldn't give it to her). Seems kind of weird they change their stance on it now...

Defyne

12-26-2012

How/when will we be able to vote for this?

Little Ranger

12-27-2012

All I want is snow bunny nidalee. Good luck to everyone!