8.2 comes out tomorrow.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Powerstoned

12-12-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aRoBdXP_olA

doesn't that look fun

IS1d69e2e5726f5f

12-12-2012

there's a world of tank forum you know

Reconsul

Elan Tedronai

12-13-2012

The gameplay was horrendously slow when I tried it a few months ago. Haven't gone back to it.

Legomasta

12-13-2012

You played a Tier I tank. Of course it's going to be slow.

Morphite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legomasta View Post
You played a Tier I tank. Of course it's going to be slow.
It's even slower in higher tiers because you can't leave the rock you're hiding behind or arty will one shot you.

Legomasta

12-13-2012

Agreed. But, that's the type of game it is so it's as slow as you make it. Either way - a Tier I tank can only do about 3 MPH. It takes but a measly hour to get to III and that's where the action starts.

Powerstoned

12-13-2012

matches get good at tiers 4. Certainly the game is not for everyone, because it's a deliberately paced counterstrike type of game with rpg elements, and isn't a spastic halo deathmatch game that so many grow up with these days.

Legomasta

12-13-2012

Tier IV was definitely the most fun tier for me and especially with my T-28. It's a hell of a lot more active than the others, that's for sure. I had a lot of fun with the M4A3E8 as well.

The thing about the high tiers is that your tank and your ammunition cost you a fortune if you don't use both optimally. If I lose my M26 Pershing (tier VIII American medium) without doing a whole lot I will lose at least ten thousand credits and will gain absolutely nothing. At this point, I have to play completely differently since everyone else will likely be bigger than me so I need to learn to use my range and the terrain to my advantage alongside with knowing specific tank anatomy. Is that tank bigger than you? How much armor does it have? Where should you shoot it? Is it worth it for you to risk trading shots? This is the exact reason why I love the game so much. It's quite the learning experience and is far from a plain tank battle game where everyone expects to pew pew one another.