Intentional Feeding: Needed, or just report spam fodder?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox Bloody

12-12-2012

I don't like the intentional feeding Report option. I think it should be removed, or at least severely altered. Reasons? Simply put... Report Spamming. My complaint is very simple. Someone may just be unskilled, it's not their fault they die a lot. Not only that, there's *******s out there who think you need a perfect game... i've seen someone reported for intentionally feeding WITH TWO DEATHS! I can understand some things... Person is using a build that doesn't work, person is running straight into enemy base, etc. But when someone dies only because A. their lane partner isn't there, B. they aren't good at soloing, C. a idiot ally thinks one death is feeding, then it's OBVIOUS that the Feeding option is being abused. I myself always have at least 10 deaths a game unless I'm using a champion I'm EXTREMELY good at (Fiora or Kha'Zix) but it's not cause I'm intentionally feeding it's usually because I either don't know how to play the champion properly (stupidly, I only really use two builds, one AP, one AD, depending on champ type but it usually works), or because the enemy is better. It's not because i'm running out and going "Hey! Hey! Kill me kill me I want you guys to win!"

Which brings me to another suggestion... can you add a function that shows the times of death to the reviewers? A feeder usually lets themselves dies a lot in the first 10 minutes. If all their deaths are closer to the end game, i feel that's not feeding. I feel it would help the tribunal come to better decisions and better judgements as opposed to having 20 million people going in and spamming the punish button.

Brasidius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Intentionally feeding and spamming are totally different though. I don't really see what you're trying to accomplish by substituting one for the other. The question you need to be asking is, should you punish someone for one thing if they were reported for another. In my opinion, absolutely. Is Intentionally Feeding the first thing on the dropdown menu? I think they should reorder the selection by the most frequent abuses,i.e. (from my experience),Negative attitude, verbal abuse, and that's really it. If something is more serious, you can drill down to whatever happened, and in that case I often write detailed reports. I often report being for being mean-spirited, because I wouldn't want to play with them again. If that gets them to tribunal, then it becomes a community decision of whether they meet our standards or not. These standards define themselves through our actions.

Tadrage

12-12-2012

I have seen intentional feeding before from the enemy. It's not fun to become OP quickly because a player on the enemy team is just running into you and your ally. I prefer a balanced challenging game over a faceroll any day. I understand your point but intentional feeding is a valid issue even if it isn't very common.

mambawarrior0

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadrage View Post
I have seen intentional feeding before from the enemy. It's not fun to become OP quickly because a player on the enemy team is just running into you and your ally. I prefer a balanced challenging game over a faceroll any day. I understand your point but intentional feeding is a valid issue even if it isn't very common.
This.
I always try my best to avoid killing intentional feeders to be honest.
Only one problem.
I main Singed.

LargeSnorlax

12-12-2012

Ehh, the option is needed, but I think a bit of clarification is needed on it (obviously) since people are just like "homg didn't play perfect must do reportz 4 intent feed" when a player is like, 5/7/8 or something.

However, there've been plenty of cases where I've seen the option totally fulfill what it's supposed to do - Mostly in the case of the 0/32/0 rammuses with a dagger, 0/10/0 evelynns with teleport/revive and other friendly folks out there who think running into enemies is a fun use of their free time.

3rdWorstPlayerNA

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeSnorlax View Post
Ehh, the option is needed, but I think a bit of clarification is needed on it (obviously) since people are just like "homg didn't play perfect must do reportz 4 intent feed" when a player is like, 5/7/8 or something.

However, there've been plenty of cases where I've seen the option totally fulfill what it's supposed to do - Mostly in the case of the 0/32/0 rammuses with a dagger, 0/10/0 evelynns with teleport/revive and other friendly folks out there who think running into enemies is a fun use of their free time.
^^this...

If I see intentionally feeding, and it's a multi-report tribunal, I look at everything else and base it on that. More times than not, that player has reports for harassment, negative attitude, or something similar. I can't punish an intentional feed report unless it's blatantly obvious, but that's just me. I err on the safe side in some things. Now, if they are 0/lot of deaths/0 then it can be apparent it was intentional.

Norwenna

12-12-2012

i get warning because of just some bad game, i started playing since something like one month maybe a bit more. look, tribunal is stupid

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6021905/

Fox Bloody

12-14-2012

No no no, I think y'all are misunderstanding me. I can understand intentional feeding reports for an insane number of deaths with obviously useless items. But half the reports I have been saddled with that have intentional feeding have very few deaths, or almost as many kills than deaths, or even more kills than deaths. That's what i mean by spamming it. Just cause you don't like someone, you report them for feeding cause none of the others apply, that's how i figure it. Of course i understand when it's actually intentional, but at the same time wouldn't this fall into the category of assisting enemy team, too?

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

the different flags are just there to notify riot that the game needs to be reviewed, you punish for any breach of the summoner's code.

H Bergeron

12-14-2012

I agree that "intentionally feeding" should not be an option. There is a big difference from someone being unskilled and not understanding mechanics and "I am going to let them kill me to spite my team". It's almost as dumb as someone complaining about "KS".