Things that make you more or less likely to punish a player?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Climax

12-14-2012

Just wondering if you guys have things that make you more or less likely to click the punish button.

For me, even if the person has only a slightly negative attitude, if they say something similar to "gg noobs" at the end of the game I'm much more likely to click the red button over the green.

Conversely, I've noticed a few cases where there is one game with 3 reports on the enemy team against a player with a ridiculous K/D/R like 22:2:14. Usually the person isn't that nice of a guy, but at the same time he hasn't done anything egregious. I empathize with the reportee more in these cases because I get the feeling the enemy team was very upset at the end-game and just wanted to take it out on him. (The above applies, though. "gg noob" and my sympathy is gone.)

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

For me, the "insta-punish" tends to be the big three racial slurs, describing blacks, Jews, and homosexuals. However, a week ago I realized that when someone uses gypsy in an offensive manner it puts me over the edge to (but that is more of personal offense).

I'm more likely to pardon if the player apologizes for his behavior in game. If he blew up, but then said, "well ****, my bad", I'm more willing to see his case in a positive light.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

I have to see "gg noobs" is more than one game usually to hit punish. Even then, they usually need to be bad in the rest of the game as well.

Racial, homophobic, and hateful slurs, as well as telling someone to commit suicide or to uninstall the game are usually insta punish for me.

ı Panda ı

12-14-2012

stuff like this:
Twisted Fate [00:01:29] dont fuk up zed
Twisted Fate [00:01:36] zed is a bad cahmp
Twisted Fate [00:16:09] bad
Twisted Fate [00:16:18] reporting unskilled each of u
Twisted Fate [00:20:50] bad lux misses every ult

if you're being negative before minions even spawn; i'll go out of my way to look for an excuse.

Trinity St Clair

12-14-2012

The biggest controversy for me when deciding when to punish and pardon is if the player gets reported for verbal abuse and is doing very great in the game for example
a ezreal whose score is 21-2-8
he gets reported for verbal abuse
according to the chat he does sometimes call his team noobs but also offers advice on how to win the game, so i'm not sure if i should punish him for calling his teammates out because it is true that it's frustrating when you are doing good but your teamates are horribad
However when players call out bad names and curses thats a automatic punish no matter what

LargeSnorlax

12-14-2012

Teemo [00:38:51] wothless ****ing karthas
Teemo [00:38:53] feeds mid
Teemo [00:38:58] and then sucks his fathers dick
Teemo [00:39:10] i hope one day your mother comes hope to find you sucking off ur dad
Karthus [00:39:13] 1\7 teemo talking
Teemo [00:39:19] it drives her mad with greif adn she ****ing hangs herself
Teemo [00:39:27] for giving birth to a piece of **** mother****er like yio
Teemo [All] [00:39:31] you*

^ Don't do this.

Naradak

12-14-2012

If they say anything that can't be said on The Simpsons I punish.

kaleb bartlett

12-14-2012

if they are acting like a jackass i punish, doesn't matter what their score is or how the rest of the team were acting.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-14-2012

For me, I weigh things said in the first 90 seconds pretty heavily. If the minions haven't even spawned yet, but you're already harassing your teammates, you probably need a timeout.

Vrykonik

12-14-2012

I think I'm pretty strict far as judging cases. I will agree with the don't be a jerk philosophy. You can defend yourself from attacks in non-negative manners and you can bash people who are afk'ing because by definition they aren't there. But the level difference has to be absolute proof that is why you're doing it or chat log proof admission.

Don't call your team or the players bad or blame them for your poor play. Give advice on what they can do better and if they don't want to listen or they are negative report them instead. Things like saying in /all chat that your team is terrible is not going to help your team win!

My best advice is be constructive or just play. If you're trying to tear someone down I'll insta-punish you.