Newish player question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Shaco Bot

12-13-2012

I got banned for being bad at game, and harrassed and called bad by teammates for mentioning that I needed help and they ignored me? How does that make sense?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6032209/#nogo

the 2nd case

I also get banned for getting abandoned by teammates, I would get stunned in 2 on 2s and like 3 on 2's and my teammates would run away and watch me die then harass me for dying yet I get banned for trying to avoid dying?

case 3

this enviroment for new players is horrible, I literaly get banned for players on my own team harassing me it makes no sense

KadÔr

12-13-2012

Yes sometimes the environment is bad for new players, because of players like you.

You didn't get banned for players on your team harassing you, you got banned for harrassing other players on your team. You are a part of the problem.

The Shaco Bot

12-13-2012

all of my stuff was in response, and the reasons I got reported for are false. THats my issue the reason for the report, the players themselves didnt report me for harrasment

Reets

12-13-2012

I'd like you to understand that what a player is reported for doesn't effect the decision to be Punished or Pardoned by much at all.

I noticed that even though you may have been reported as an unskilled player, you had a negative attitude as well as bad language throughout those three games. Personally I would have voted to Punish in that case for reasons other than being an unskilled player.

I would rather have an unskilled player on my team over an unpleasant player.

I don't intend this post to be insulting; I intend it to enlighten.

The Shaco Bot

12-13-2012

Ok makes more sense then, but alot of mine was in retaliation to other ppl

but i was curious why i was being banned for being bad that explains more to me

Reets

12-13-2012

I understand how it could be a bit confusing, but you may be able to have a good understanding of how it works by participating in Tribunal case decisions.

Glad to know I could help you out.

Kirska

12-13-2012

It doesn't matter if you're being a jerk in retaliation. This is the equivalent of a 5 year old yelling, "He started it!"

Reets

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirska View Post
It doesn't matter if you're being a jerk in retaliation. This is the equivalent of a 5 year old yelling, "He started it!"
That was uncalled for.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shaco Bot View Post
Ok makes more sense then, but alot of mine was in retaliation to other ppl

but i was curious why i was being banned for being bad that explains more to me
Retaliation or not, harassing other players is never okay.

You may get a little leniency from voters if you're defending yourself, but retaliation is not okay.

And understand the difference.

Although, to a degree in your case, it's not self-defense or retaliation. Take game one for example.

Teemo [00:08:35] ugh
Teemo [00:08:57] lb why call mid
Teemo [00:09:00] if u cant play it
Teemo [00:09:02] ??
Teemo [00:09:23] just curious
LeBlanc [00:09:54] mid mia
LeBlanc [00:09:57] master
LeBlanc [00:09:58] yi
Teemo [00:10:03] so now u speak
Graves [All] [00:12:12] say thx at this noob team....
Jayce [All] [00:12:24] thanks
Teemo [All] [00:12:35] this lb though
Teemo [All] [00:12:39] has no idea whats going on
Twisted Fate [All] [00:12:50] lol. I dont mind
Teemo [00:14:34] this lb
Teemo [00:14:35] wow
Jayce [00:14:48] teemo
Jayce [00:14:51] buy some wards
Teemo [00:14:54] why me
Teemo [00:14:56] i have no gold
Jayce [00:14:58] i bought some too
Teemo [00:15:50] great
Teemo [00:16:00] the 2v1 lane lost
Teemo [00:16:06] and mid has no idea how to play

I mean, this behavior here is borderline, but look at all this hate being thrown at LeBlanc. And all that LeBlanc says in this entire span (and she said nothing before this point) is:

LeBlanc [00:09:54] mid mia
LeBlanc [00:09:57] master
LeBlanc [00:09:58] yi

So, all LeBlanc has done is called mid mia. She did so after the first time you were calling her out. And then, still without her having said anything to anyone, you continue to be critical of her gameplay. Not in a constructive matter, just harassing her.

EDIT: And as a note, your behavior gets gradually worse and worse as the game goes on. And none of it looks like retaliation to me. By the time the match has finished, you've griped about all of your teammates, demanded they all buy wards (while you refused to do so yourself, but at least this is constructive commentary), and anything that they've said to or about you is far, far less severe then your non-stop griping through out the entire match.

Your behavior in game one alone is enough for me to justify a punish vote. I have not even looked at game 2 or 3 yet.

Getsuei

12-13-2012

Here is a copy and paste from the Tribunal guide:

7. Myth: You can't get punished for being provoked into raging by another player. - Fact: You are expected to control yourself on the keyboard, especially since it is a keyboard and not your mouth. You will get punished if you rage in chat. If you respond by cutting off communication with your entire team altogether, that may actually work against you as that can be considered another form of raging.