Ways to stop karthus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Felreaper

10-13-2010

You should be stacking MR when you see an opponent stacking AP. The "Zhonya's + 4 AA" build only works against people who don't take this frankly rather obvious step, which would be most people who play the game, sadly.

More importantly, your problem wouldn't be limited to Karthus in particular, since there are any number of champs in the game that can wreck your entire team with the amount of gold you're describing he has. The best "counter", if you can even call it that, is to not let the game get to the point where the Karthus has farmed up 16K worth of items. If your team can't even gank him effectively before he's so farmed, then the issue isn't Karthus, the issue is that you had a really, really bad team.

DrDragun

10-13-2010

Clear the stacks off his Soulstealer. If he does semitank build with RoA, Rylais, Frozen Heart he is more of a handful but his ult hurts less. Either way kill him first and don't get split by his wall.

Ulfhednar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

play veigar and shred em. otherwise buy negatron cloaks

SuperChoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Try right clicking from time to time.

Keng Senpai

10-13-2010

Never feed him from start simple but yea it's annoying. Considering a cannon karthus build with 20 stacks and does 1000+damage with magic pen is rediculous. Banshee veil help alot if your lucky. Vlad pool is simple not to mention zhonyas ring. If i play a champ that need even a little ap and they got a karthus on there team that is my solid item choice. Shield won't help alot except like kayle or morgana. And about heal summoner spell don't even think about it. Useless. A good karthus will not ult unless you got roughly400hp left and i am talking about late game where your a caster or carry dps. Ash, Twicth, veigar, Kog maw are just solid example. Just ban him if you can Oh and i found out that stun stop his ult if he does when he's not dead. I never known that and never know for fact still. But iw as ash and i ult him when he's casting his ultimate. Maybe that's why all karthus only cast ult after he's dead? I never tried him.

Peace

H4ppyK4t

10-13-2010

The unique active on the zhonyas ring blocks his ult if u time it right.. of course u gotta be ap champ

TNC Doomedo

10-13-2010

Hmmm. Offtopic. But shoulnd't ALL karthus' get Mejaj's. Since he can build up stacks from accross the map, even if he was dead with his ult? O_O Sounds like a OP strategy to build up easy mejajs

123birds

10-13-2010

A.)karthus should NEVER have more than 1 AAS.
B.)Banshee veil!!!!!!!!!
C.) Morganna
D.)Shen
E.)Soraka
F.)Stack MR
E.)GA

ZA KI YA MA

10-13-2010

Thanks alot guys good stuff ^^