Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ways to stop karthus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Onii tan

10-12-2010

Hey guys,i've been in way too many games where karthus gets 1 sorc boots, 1 zhonya's, and 4 arch angels and just dies, then proceeds to ult my whole team for over 1k dmg and his team just finishes up. What are some ways to counter this? and yes i've been getting banshees veil, but the enemy team pops the spell block before karthus ults =/ Thanks in advance.

Myrnodyn

10-12-2010

More MR helps, taking the summoner spell heal and saving it for karthus' ult helps as well (though that's pushing it in my opinion.) Spellshields Like Morgana's or Kayles help (there are other examples, like Urgoth and Sion, that can only cast on themselves)

Overall, the best option remains to keep track of your health, and to not feed the Karthus. Karthus gets cranky when fed.

Carados

10-12-2010

If your entire problem with Karthus is his ult, you're only playing Bad Karthii.

ShoreOne

10-12-2010

a banshees veil

IPlayForKeeps

10-12-2010

Quote:
ShoreOne:
a banshees veil

We have a winrar

AbyssalTerror

10-12-2010

^What he said

Onii tan

10-12-2010

Thanks guys, but i mentioned in my first post that his team takes out our banshee's shields before karthus ults, and i played a few games where it was kind of hard for us to stop karthus from defiling every creep wave and ulting us wen we were really low =/

RoflTroll

10-13-2010

Quote:
ZA KI YA MA:
Thanks guys, but i mentioned in my first post that his team takes out our banshee's shields before karthus ults, and i played a few games where it was kind of hard for us to stop karthus from defiling every creep wave and ulting us wen we were really low =/

Banshee Veil still offers that extra HP / MR to soak up the damage.

Or you can get Guardian Angel and try to win in one push.

Against something like this you really only have to just take it heads on.

Merana

10-13-2010

How did you let karthus farm 4 archanangels and a zhonyas.

He's like one of the squishiest champs in the game and dies in a second t any kind of focus

kijik

Recruiter

10-13-2010

Quote:
Merana:
How did you let karthus farm 4 archanangels and a zhonyas.

He's like one of the squishiest champs in the game and dies in a second t any kind of focus

This...quit failing and gank the SoB