Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Removal of Steel Legion Lux.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex3omg

12-19-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:

tl;dr - voice your opinion if you want it heard—don't let the popularity of dissentient opinions dissuade you from posting.

You realise that minorities are literally silenced on these forums due to the way thread locking works, right?

It's an archaic system that promotes stagnant discussion and 'vocal majorities' dominating. Make one thread asking about league for mac, or Karma mid, or Viktor buffs and you get insulted for three pages and your thread is locked. If these people didn't know they could get away with this kind of behavior they wouldn't act that way, but they know a thread like that will be locked and swept away and no mod will ever see it. I am, of course, speaking from experience with those very specific examples.

I know it's not exactly your department but I really would like to get the downvote system changed to a simple "hidden thread" feature, so here I am- a minority opinion- trying to get my voice heard.

(The forums need an overhaul anyway. I mean really, no avatars? No thread following? Come on... Curse does a better job running the minecraft forums for mojang, should hand the reigns over to them.. ;D )

StubbyBro

Recruiter

12-19-2012

I'm glad you guys aren't scrapping it. It definitely has potential to be incredible. I understand people complaining about the military theme but I think they're mostly just upset that there hasn't been a super girly looking anime type skin (make that her next skin) because the military theme has a ton of variation. When I look at Commando Lux I think of over the top action movies. When I see Imperial Lux I think of strict, militaristic force. Steel Legion Lux comes off more like someone that was recruited as part of an elite, covert operation by some mysterious and incredibly wealthy dude who lives underneath a volcano somewhere. She looks so close to being bad ass. She *almost* looks intimidating (which I think is a quality Lux has always lacked). But she's just not quite there yet

ObviouslyRed

12-20-2012

I love lux, and play her regularly, however I dislike all of her skins. I've never felt any inspiration to buy any of her skins. I was very excited to hear that there was a new skin being released for her, however after seeing it I was disappointed. The skin is unoriginal and unappealing. I will not be buying it. Looks like I will spend my money on other champs. I hope to see more exciting and fresh looking skins for her in the future.

c0reyp0wner

12-20-2012

Steel Legion Lux WHERE?!

Dryad Soraka

12-20-2012

shame, i really wanted steel legion lux. if it's changed much i'm not buying it.
glad it's not scrapped but all these haters annoy the hell out of me.

Stark Midnight

12-20-2012

they are changing the skin, it wont be in the PBE for probably weeks.

Ayatori

12-20-2012

I was really looking forward to it, being an avid Lux main. I honestly didn't see any problems with the skin - especially not with the skin concept itself, though maybe the actual model was a bit rough. If this actually gets scrapped because of people complaining that it's ill-fitted for her personality, we might as well remove Battle Bunny Riven, Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath, Demolisher Nunu, Brolaf...

The list goes on.

LaCorpse

12-20-2012

Quote:
Tier:
I was really looking forward to it, being an avid Lux main. I honestly didn't see any problems with the skin - especially not with the skin concept itself, though maybe the actual model was a bit rough. If this actually gets scrapped because of people complaining that it's ill-fitted for her personality, we might as well remove Battle Bunny Riven, Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath, Demolisher Nunu, Brolaf...

The list goes on.

That totally wasnt the reason why people were upset. (Actually there were a lot of threads talking about how they wanted something different like the battle bunny riven and all those other skins. The last two skins had heavy armour. Majority just wants to see something up beat like the recent sona skin that came out.

anyways, on this subject I'm glad that its going to take longer. More of a chance at a much much better skin. Although I'm not against this skin really, I would have preferred a upbeat cute skin before another serious skin.

CatBurglarNami

12-20-2012

I thought the skin looked dull and unappealing. I realize the skin is called Steel Legion Lux but too much grey and bleh! And I just don't like the look of her head. She needs a pony tail back there or something. SOMETHING!

Sure it had brand new spell particles. I would be more happy if those were put into the rest of her skins so I didn't have to look at Steel Legion Lux.

Fadedcamo

12-21-2012

Cmon, Riot. Give me a good Lux skin! She deserves it.