Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Removal of Steel Legion Lux.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ohdatLass

12-18-2012

I'd get this skin.

reynald0df

12-18-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
it's less about 'how vocal' an opinion is and more about how sound and broadly appealing it is. that is to say, 100 echoes of a particular opinion doesn't automatically trump 1 post of another opinion. the important thing is that every opinion is voiced so we can cross-reference them with other data we have, and fuel our discussions about direction and how to proceed.

so while it's probably much more likely that the more vocal posts will get a response, it's not the case that they have more weight based on the size of their voice. that's how i personally filter things, anyway.

tl;dr - voice your opinion if you want it heard—don't let the popularity of dissentient opinions dissuade you from posting.

oh, and for those wondering, we aren't scrapping the skin. there definitely were some good concerns raised in the initial wave of feedback though, so we want some time to sort everything out on our end. consider the release to be 'soon™' for now.

THIS!

Honestly, you guys think that every single lux player hates this skin, the thing is, the ones who are posting about it are the ones who hate it, while we, the portion of people who liked the skin didn't post anything, we just were happy that Lux was getting another skin. So please, don't say that the majority of lux players hate the skin, because im almost sure it's the other way around. Forums population < LoL playerbase

SlumlordThanatos

12-18-2012

First he said this....

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
oh, and for those wondering, we aren't scrapping the skin. there definitely were some good concerns raised in the initial wave of feedback though, so we want some time to sort everything out on our end. consider the release to be 'soon™' for now.

Then he says this in response to someone who said they'd rather have something entirely different.
Quote:
ricklessabandon:
well, potentially. it's certainly a consideration we have to make as it's one of the more poignant issues brought up in various steel legion lux threads.

So, new skin? Definitely. Is it gonna be the same old Steel Legion Lux? Probably not. I think I'm going to tempt the powers that be and say that whatever it winds up being, it probably won't be something we'll hate.

Now we're getting somewhere.

EDIT:
Quote:
reynald0df:
THIS!

Honestly, you guys think that every single lux player hates this skin, the thing is, the ones who are posting about it are the ones who hate it, while we, the portion of people who liked the skin didn't post anything, we just were happy that Lux was getting another skin. So please, don't say that the majority of lux players hate the skin, because im almost sure it's the other way around. Forums population < LoL playerbase

I'm inclined to disagree. There are two different threads with red posts with 100 and 49 pages, respectively, that consist almost exclusively of people complaining about the skin. If threads get that big and have that many views, Riot has no choice but to at least listen to what they have to say. It may not be a majority, but if that many people are going on about something, there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

And, as ricklessabandon said, they take this sort of thing into consideration, and they chose to make changes because of feedback. We didn't just complain, we offered our reasons, possible improvements, and alternate ideas.

Also remember that Commando Lux and Imperial Lux didn't go over well either, and were released in succession. Now we get another armored/military skin even after we expressed our displeasure. Take Commando Lux and Imperial Lux out of the picture, and you wouldn't have the outcry on the forums we got.

I'm just glad we got some news for a change. It's been a few days.

Yacabo

12-18-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:

tl;dr - voice your opinion if you want it heard—don't let the popularity of dissentient opinions dissuade you from posting.

I think the problem people are having is that this new skin is pretty much just another military skin. The commando lux is great and beautiful and well made(besides the fact that her wand doesn't shoot fire instead of light like it appears it should, but this is nitpicky because the skin was developed before Riot really got into the new particles for almost every new skin), and the new skin is well made and awsome as well (from the videos i've seen so far). The problem is that the two skins just feel the same I guess. And maybe they are different, but not different enough?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IronStylus and his work.

The Hextech skin stands out as different to me because its a totally new side to lux. In the hextech picture she feels like some clever young girl that has devised and created her own sort of weapon. She feels more independent. She wasn't born with magical talent, so she made her own sort of magic. This doesn't really fit in with her lore I don't think, but that is why the hextech skin really strikes me as unique compared to the lux skin currently in production.

On the other hand, the fact that she would belong to a group called the "Steel Legion" would be pretty awesome, and I think maybe you just got unlucky and started with the wrong champ.

I personally would like to see a whole set of "Princess" skins. I think it would be really cool and funny to have some of these champions running around on the fields of justice in ballgowns with elaborate hairstyles and fancy jewelry. Lux would be a pretty good pick for this since shes from a royal family (imagine her running around in a hoopskirt and lazering people :P ), Karma would fit in as well because of her stately nature, and Ashe already has a Queen Ashe skin.

TL;DR - Based off first impressions, there isn't enough of a difference between the commando skin and the skin in production, and I think I would just like to see Riot add some sweet new particles to the Commando version. Even a tint on all of her spells to make them that "lazer beam of death" red would be cool.

Marrisa

12-18-2012

When the halloween skins came out i was sooooooo impressed. At that moment i knew riot had stepped up their game. Than there is steel legion lux.... -_-

reynald0df

12-18-2012

Quote:
headhunter228:

I'm inclined to disagree. There are two different threads with red posts with 100 and 49 pages, respectively, that consist almost exclusively of people complaining about the skin. If threads get that big and have that many views, Riot has no choice but to at least listen to what they have to say. It may not be a majority, but if that many people are going on about something, there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

And, as ricklessabandon said, they take this sort of thing into consideration, and they chose to make changes because of feedback. We didn't just complain, we offered our reasons, possible improvements, and alternate ideas.

Also remember that Commando Lux and Imperial Lux didn't go over well either, and were released in succession. Now we get another armored/military skin even after we expressed our displeasure. Take Commando Lux and Imperial Lux out of the picture, and you wouldn't have the outcry on the forums we got.

I'm just glad we got some news for a change. It's been a few days.

I know this, and I understand perfectly all the reasons you guys have to not like the skin, and your right to voice your opinion. I was mainly angered by the fact that some people were trying to speak in behalf of all the lux players. In the end, if they scrap this skin or whatever, i just hope it's for the best and we get a better skin. wether it's military themed or not, i'm gonna buy it because i love lux and i love to support riot whenever i can.

Stark Midnight

12-18-2012

I gather that from what ricklessabandon said, they are going to postpone the skin to do some heavy editing on it. However it's pretty hard to see what they will edit it. Most people are complaining about the heavy armor but they can't just go and make it light armor or else it might as well be Commando Lux 2.0. So my guess is they are going to make her an entirely different model and use the same effects/animations.

superwill222

12-18-2012

I reckon this guy has nailed it, please make it this way!

(before and after)

EDIT: Courtesy of 'Bot Tower'

Gorgitz

12-18-2012

If not steel legion lux...

Candy Cane Lux
(I'm thinking Mrs. Claus type outfit)
wields a candy cane

Some quotes like when she's walking:
"Dashing through the snow...."

Passive - bell chime, christmas ornaments pop up on enemy players, auto attacks hit the ornaments and jingle bells ring.
Q -
W -
E - instead of a ball of light it's a christmas light
R - giant laser beam of holiday spirit

Hikaru

12-18-2012

I'm really disappointed. i was looking forward to this skin a lot.