Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Removal of Steel Legion Lux.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

12-18-2012

the way I see it, all scrapping it would do at this juncture would be to have one less potential skin for lux - it wouldn't make alternative skins come any sooner, it would not magically make "Raver Gurl Lux" or whatever GD says fits her this week appear from the ether. It'd just be a skin that raised a stink on GD and vanished.

Wasteful, that.

Snowflake182

12-18-2012

I don't post here often, but I just wanna come on the record to say that I really, really like the skin. I love the bulky gloves and the helmet, and the little motions the headpiece she wears makes.

Not to mention the particles and animations are amazing.

I truly hope you go trough with the skin, It would for sure be a day one buy for me
(I don't even own lux, though I was saving up for her, because I wanted the skin)

Just my thought on it, as insignificant as they may be

Avalon Bright

12-18-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
well, potentially. it's certainly a consideration we have to make as it's one of the more poignant issues brought up in various steel legion lux threads.

It doesn't look like any consideration you have to make at all. You already said you're releasing this junk regardless of how vocal the opinion on it is, and we all know you're not going to rush job another Lux skin to production that people actually care about.

If you were making a consideration then you'd be scrapping it in the first place to make room for something suitable, not "Military Lux mk. III".

Hell, though, I don't think I've EVER seen Riot listen to the vocal side of things, other than (ironically, perhaps), Lux's ult. And even that was barely an agreement rather than not changing it in the first place.

No one listened to the hate for the new Freljord Ashe art, no one listened to the hate for the new Lux art (done by the same godawful excuse for an artist, at that), no one listened to the Dark Valkyrie fiasco at ALL, the list goes on. Dunno why this'd be any different.

Magik

12-18-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
well, potentially. it's certainly a consideration we have to make as it's one of the more poignant issues brought up in various steel legion lux threads.

i honestly thought the model was pretty good

spell thief would have remained my favorite, but it wasnt THAT BAD like ppl were saying

however i really liked the particles. if you guys scrap the model i hope you keep those particles and reuse them on another skin

or many even give them to spell thief lux. its already her most popular skin, i think itd be a great idea

Luniere

12-18-2012

I would like to chime in as an avid Lux player myself, I think the steel legion skin was cool. I wish the armor be a bit more stream-line and less bulky, as it's a tech skin to be more akin to a pulsefire skin. Cause if any champion could remotely pull it off like Ezreal it would be Lux. I understand that this was not the intention with making Steel Legion Lux, but I think it would be a cool tribute to Pulsefire Ezreal. On top of stream-lining the armor to be less bulky, please do something about the helmet. Lux always has big bulky hats that never look good. The only hat that remotely works is sorceress Lux.

If you guys are gonna do a brand new Lux skin, I'd like to throw in for Raver Girl Lux. I think it'd work easily and it's something that fits with her personality and you can even make sweet particle effects. On top of that it'd be a sweet way to give her a bit more flittery girl charm. I think the pax sona skin was kinda a raver/gamer theme that would work for a base. Maybe keep her blonde hair but have it have a strip or two dyed.

TL;DR pt1: Steel Legion Lux could work I really like the concept. Please slim down the armor from less bulky to sleek and smooth like a stealth suit. Helmet can you change it to glasses and the head band? I saw you have new tech with the Vi skin this would be another good way to use it.

I don't own any of this art, and I am sorry for not getting in contact with the respective artists before hand but I am merely think they express the idea best.

References: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/237/b/d/lol___pulsefire_lux_by_aque_mizuhara-d5ceerm.jpg

http://cdn.overclock.net/e/e3/900x900px-LL-e366029f_PuleFireLux_EZ_2560res_v2.jpeg

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/251/4/9/pulsefire_lux_by_kawailemon-d5e0945.jpg

TL; DR pt2: Raver girl Lux another great idea. It gives you multiple different avenues to give the character a crazy cool outta the norm skin. She's always prim and proper in the eye of the public. What about when she just wants to unwind? I could see her wand being a huge glow stick. It gives you a chance to give her a new dance and animations something she would appreciate.

I hope that riot might look into some of these issues. I know I am just one guy, but Lux is champion very dear to my heart. Please knock this one outta the park riot. As a loyal player i am asking please.

Voidgolem

12-18-2012

Quote:
Avalon Bright:
It doesn't look like any consideration you have to make at all. You already said you're releasing this junk regardless of how vocal the opinion on it is, and we all know you're not going to rush job another Lux skin to production that people actually care about.

If you were making a consideration then you'd be scrapping it in the first place to make room for something suitable, not "Military Lux mk. III".

Hell, though, I don't think I've EVER seen Riot listen to the vocal side of things, other than (ironically, perhaps), Lux's ult. And even that was barely an agreement rather than not changing it in the first place.

No one listened to the hate for the new Freljord Ashe art, no one listened to the hate for the new Lux art (done by the same godawful excuse for an artist, at that), no one listened to the Dark Valkyrie fiasco at ALL, the list goes on. Dunno why this'd be any different.

y helo thar Slay Bell Kat.

Echorion

12-18-2012

Give the armor some color, make the effects more plasma like than rainbow like, but still give them a nice color.
Boom, perfect skin.

Zeninth

12-18-2012

I'm just going to be very blunt.

Imho the leaked Steel Legion Lux skin is possibly the worst skin to come out in this new age of raised bar quality ones. What a lot of people said I do agree with. It's not just that it's her 3rd "military" themed skin. It's the 3rd one AND it's the ugliest one.

She needs something sleak like an Infiltrator Irelia skin.

And her new particles are even more revolting. I'd rather you keep her old spell particles than the new ones we saw leaked. The E explosion looks like electric diarhea or something from 8 bit Megaman 1 on Nintentdo. The blue beam off the ult is just random as an effort to make it look different.

It's fine if you don't scrap the skin but please listen to everyone and re-imagine it. Sleek, stylish, infiltrator Lux. She manipulates light correct? Think bending light, wearable technology clothing. Thanks!

Sevorast

12-18-2012

What a load of ****.

I didn't realize that you could throw a fit on the forums and try to get skins you don't like canceled.

edit: For the record, I think the skin is awesome and look forward to buying it.

tender paws

12-18-2012

It sounds like they're really taking our input on the skin and editing the model to be more visually appealing to Lux players. When Riot takes player input = Riot <3