Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Removal of Steel Legion Lux.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiku

Senior Member

12-15-2012

It is unfortunate then that we cannot meet a common ground; but I certainly look forward to the Steel Legion release if it retains its current style and the new and interesting lightning effects.

Loraw: the new skin has lots of new animations; lightning effects, blue shock laser, lots of fun stuff


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asatorrr

Senior Member

12-15-2012

I honestly hope they aren't changing the feel of this skin. The moment I saw it I knew I was gonna buy it immediately, and that was before there were even lightning particles on it. As much her lore gives her the spy history, I feel like Lux is a mobile human cannon. Honestly, how is she supposed to be a spy when her spells emanate light and her ultimate could probably shoot through a concrete building? She has military skins and mage skins. Sure new particles on a mage skin would look nice, but they look nice on a military one too. Lightning goes with military a little better than mage IMO.

The armor did look big and bulky and little on the plain and un-shiny side, but I liked that. Lux isn't really the girly-girl. She may be bubbly, but bubbly=/=cute. Lux has a very "go with my gut" kind of personality, a simplistic "we find our enemy, we kill em." And if this isn't some funny skin, I think it looks good, hell they could probably say it was her mother's armor at some point and we'd eat it up. The whole archetype of mages should be dressed in robes because armor makes spell casting difficult has never been logically ascertained. It makes sense that mages should be squishy because their damage output is great, but there are already champions in LoL that break that mold--Leona and Diana. Both armored females that cast spells. I mean they channel energy from celestial bodies! How is that easy? Shouldn't it be doubly difficult considering their armor? Yet both are strong offensively and defensively (realistically CC can be considered both). Lux isn't tanky by default, and she doesn't need to be (given proper team comp).

I love the idea because it fulfills the playstyle of Lux best, a long range siege champ. She doesn't play like a spy (which is assassin), she plays like a cannon. Commando and Imperial are military, but commando is special ops, and imperial is officer. Neither of those play like Lux. Steel Legion, that looked like the true power of Lux. If they don't make a hilarious legendary halloween costume along the ideas of this (http://www.costume-works.com/images/tankjoshf.jpg) or this (http://www.costume-works.com/images/Tank1f.jpg), I seriously hope Steel Legion Lux stays pretty close to the current.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-18-2012

Quote:
Spiku:
I wish the people who loved the skin were as vocal as the people who hate it because the two people I know who main lux thought it was the best thing that happened to her.

it's less about 'how vocal' an opinion is and more about how sound and broadly appealing it is. that is to say, 100 echoes of a particular opinion doesn't automatically trump 1 post of another opinion. the important thing is that every opinion is voiced so we can cross-reference them with other data we have, and fuel our discussions about direction and how to proceed.

so while it's probably much more likely that the more vocal posts will get a response, it's not the case that they have more weight based on the size of their voice. that's how i personally filter things, anyway.

tl;dr - voice your opinion if you want it heard—don't let the popularity of dissentient opinions dissuade you from posting.

oh, and for those wondering, we aren't scrapping the skin. there definitely were some good concerns raised in the initial wave of feedback though, so we want some time to sort everything out on our end. consider the release to be 'soon™' for now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rollingson

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
it's less about 'how vocal' an opinion is and more about how sound and broadly appealing it is. that is to say, 100 echoes of a particular opinion doesn't automatically trump 1 post of another opinion. the important thing is that every opinion is voiced so we can cross-reference them with other data we have, and fuel our discussions about direction and how to proceed.

so while it's probably much more likely that the more vocal posts will get a response, it's not the case that they have more weight based on the size of their voice. that's how i personally filter things, anyway.

tl;dr - voice your opinion if you want it heard—don't let the popularity of dissentient opinions dissuade you from posting.

oh, and for those wondering, we aren't scrapping the skin. there definitely were some good concerns raised in the initial wave of feedback though, so we want some time to sort everything out on our end. consider the release to be 'soon™' for now.


Interesting. I'd prefer a totally different skin. The way I see it, now it will take longer tp get a skin I might like for Lux


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-18-2012

Quote:
Rollingson:
Interesting. I'd prefer a totally different skin. The way I see it, now it will take longer tp get a skin I might like for Lux

well, potentially. it's certainly a consideration we have to make as it's one of the more poignant issues brought up in various steel legion lux threads.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiku

Senior Member

12-18-2012

By "as vocal", I mean bothering to post. As I said, it's strange knowing people who are of the view that this skin gives them a reason to play Lux, but they don't bother to post at all. That's the shame of it really.

People might make a single post because they are upset about something, but when someone is happy about it they are less likely to say anything. I've never commented on any of the Evelynn skins, but I was happy when I saw them added. Where I might go "Brolaf is terrible" I'm unlikely to say "Gosh darn I like running around as mecha morgana"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravechaosknight

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Quote:
Spiku:
By "as vocal", I mean bothering to post. As I said, it's strange knowing people who are of the view that this skin gives them a reason to play Lux, but they don't bother to post at all. That's the shame of it really.

People might make a single post because they are upset about something, but when someone is happy about it they are less likely to say anything. I've never commented on any of the Evelynn skins, but I was happy when I saw them added. Where I might go "Brolaf is terrible" I'm unlikely to say "Gosh darn I like running around as mecha morgana"


Well, I was pretty vocal in the one big Steel Legion Lux thread. I clearly stated that I would buy the skin, but as a way to support Lux not because the skin was particularly pleasing to me. I'm more than willing to let the Data show that I want high quality skins for Lux, but I'm not willing to advertise a theme that is not appealing to me. It will go/would have went in the closet and I would continue to use my spellthief.

That'll show'em they can take my money, but they will never take my Freeeeeedom!!!(of choice.) lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohntheMage

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Was looking forward to this skin :P. Glad you did not scrap it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iceoh

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
well, potentially. it's certainly a consideration we have to make as it's one of the more poignant issues brought up in various steel legion lux threads.

Please stay true to her magic roots. The skins that are being released are starting to feel more industrialized rather than actually fitting the theme of the champion. Turning things into robots or slamming a ton of armor on them is cool, if it fits the theme of the champion. In this situation, it most certainly doesnt. We already have a commando skin (my least favorite) for lux, we don't need another


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1c94429f3156ed19926e1

Junior Member

12-18-2012

I am just here to say: I am going to buy it!

I really liked this skin and I like Lux. but I don't like her current Skins.

Skins doesn't need to "fit the characters roots." They can make ugly Champs appealing to you (like Ziggs -> wouldn't play him without PoolParty). I WANT another theme with a skin. If magic turns into technology, it's great. You neither need to buy nor play it and if you face this skin ingame, don't think of Lux but of LUXTRON THE STARPRINCESS.

People are different, so stop hating!