Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Removal of Steel Legion Lux.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toucan Sam

Junior Member

01-20-2013

We won't recieve a "Magical Girl" or "Sailor moon" skin so stop asking for it. I have seen the Magical girl skin and it is almost exactly the same as her default. If you really want those two skins have someone make you a custom skin.

I do agree that the skin needed some work but since when does every skin match a champions personality. There are people that like Steel Legion lux and want it. If you don't like the Damn skin that don't buy it..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlumlordThanatos

Senior Member

01-21-2013

Quote:
Asatorrr:
So you're claim is that Steel Legion was neither well done nor awesome? I know people hated the color scheme for the armor, but that's not back-breaking work to fix or change. I like the concept of the armor and I think silver is the proper color for a light mage, seeing as silver (and nowadays aluminum) are used to make mirrors.

Her armor wasn't just dull. It was bulky and visually unappealing, but the worst part is that it made her look like something else. It didn't look like Lux anymore, and I think that was the core of it, the very reason people disliked this skin. I want Lux, not Generic Space Marine #9001.

And while silver/grey could arguably be the "proper color" for a light mage, it's boring. Most people don't like boring.

Quote:
Esahc44:
We won't recieve a "Magical Girl" or "Sailor moon" skin so stop asking for it. I have seen the Magical girl skin and it is almost exactly the same as her default. If you really want those two skins have someone make you a custom skin.

I do agree that the skin needed some work but since when does every skin match a champions personality. There are people that like Steel Legion lux and want it. If you don't like the Damn skin that don't buy it..

As I've said many times before, a departure from a character's theme has to be done carefully, especially if you are taking a cheerful, light-hearted character (Yes, she is, it's her in-game personality) and making them all dark and gritty. I can see it work, and I have seen it work, but it has to be done carefully, or all you succeed in doing is taking away from what people like about a character and not adding anything meaningful. Steel Legion Lux was not handled correctly, or we wouldn't have had the uproar on the forums that we did.

The reason skins like Suprise Party Fiddlesticks, Gentleman Cho'gath, etc. work the way they do is because they take a dark, gritty character and make them silly and light-hearted, and the contrast is played for comic effect. It's very difficult to get similar results when you go the opposite direction.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asatorrr

Senior Member

01-21-2013

With the leak of the Steel Legion Garen splash art (here) (http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/loldiffs/AirClientDiff_1_20_2013_3_48_PM/images/Garen_Splash_6.jpg), I am hopeful that the Steel Legion Lux skin will still be released. Given all the texture to Garen's armor in the splash, it would be great if Lux got some similar textures on her armor, or some bells and whistles in general.

Also, Garen's splash kinda doesn't feel military. I mean he is fightning and decked out in armor, but it looks more futuristic than just straight military.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tender paws

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Well, that's tragic. She still looks terrible. Will be passing on this skin until the day it goes on sale, and even then, only if it's a 975 skin. Simply not worth it. Potential on this skin went completely untapped and the only fair thing about the skin is the particle effects (which would have been far better spent being worked on for her other skins, or a new skin altogether).

Oh well. Generic Futuristic Skin #57632. An absolutely terrible theme on a champ that is so far from needing a futuristic skin that it is clear the skin development community has their head in the clouds. Sigh.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

siax7

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Asatorrr:
With the leak of the Steel Legion Garen splash art (here) (http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/loldiffs/AirClientDiff_1_20_2013_3_48_PM/images/Garen_Splash_6.jpg), I am hopeful that the Steel Legion Lux skin will still be released. Given all the texture to Garen's armor in the splash, it would be great if Lux got some similar textures on her armor, or some bells and whistles in general.

Also, Garen's splash kinda doesn't feel military. I mean he is fightning and decked out in armor, but it looks more futuristic than just straight military.



i agree, for the armor thing, it looks like he is wearing nautalus


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bidorr the Great

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Asatorrr:


Also, Garen's splash kinda doesn't feel military. I mean he is fightning and decked out in armor, but it looks more futuristic than just straight military.


Is it supposed to be straight military? Cuz idk about other people, but I'd be kinda disappointed if it was straight military... like the commando skins...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Bidorr the Great:
Is it supposed to be straight military? Cuz idk about other people, but I'd be kinda disappointed if it was straight military... like the commando skins...

He is a SPEEEEESSSSS MARINE!!!!! FOR THE EMPHRAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Also, the Steel Legion Lux splash is meh.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squeezoid

Senior Member

01-23-2013

loved the garen skin.. well.. art so far.. its a ****ing space marine!!!.. i dont normaly play him, but i want to buy that skinn... but lux....................................................................................its ok....... she doesnt feel right, she dont have the powaaa of a Sororita (female space marine), the art is ugly, boring, she feels dull and dark and so no lux at all..... i love the idea of "Steel Legion" brothers but.....the concept on lux feels wrong in so many levels... give her a sexy power armor LOL ...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prkl8r

Senior Member

01-23-2013

My problem with the skin isn't the model at all, its the coloring, especially that gold trim, i think that is what makes it ugly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinjaRobotLoli

Junior Member

01-24-2013

I would love if Steel Legion Lux looked like a Sister of Battle. But this skin is just so drab and generic. I'm not easy enough to fall for pretty new particles, which seems to be the thing about this skin that hooks people.

Will keep using Sorceress Lux till something worth getting comes out for her.