Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Removal of Steel Legion Lux.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MavJr

01-01-2013

Quote:
RavenHusky:
there are more people that don't like it than do.

You have to present statistical data to support, and validate this - otherwise you make your claim based on nothing more than the observation that more players who dislike the skin have voiced their dislike of it, than those who've adored it have.

If you do however come by acquisition of this data - then that's a fair point you've made. But until then, we should desist from stating it as fact.

Ulevo

01-01-2013

Quote:
RavenHusky:
Not even close. Of those who have an opinion on the skin that Riot is targeting with it, there are more people that don't like it than do.

You have literally nothing to base that off of other than your own opinion.

1: The Lux fanbase at large may not even know about Steel Legion Lux. Millions of people play this game, and only a fraction even read the forums, or other associate sites.

2: The Lux fanbase does not include just the people who don't like the skin. Anyone who likes, and/or plays Lux is included in this group. And of these people, there are more than a fare share of people who loved the skin, both on the forums, and off.

3: There are people who might decide to try and play Lux because of this skin, and that will add to the Lux fanbase. I know this is fact because I am one of those people.

Tadiken

01-01-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
it's less about 'how vocal' an opinion is and more about how sound and broadly appealing it is. that is to say, 100 echoes of a particular opinion doesn't automatically trump 1 post of another opinion. the important thing is that every opinion is voiced so we can cross-reference them with other data we have, and fuel our discussions about direction and how to proceed.

so while it's probably much more likely that the more vocal posts will get a response, it's not the case that they have more weight based on the size of their voice. that's how i personally filter things, anyway.

tl;dr - voice your opinion if you want it heard—don't let the popularity of dissentient opinions dissuade you from posting.

oh, and for those wondering, we aren't scrapping the skin. there definitely were some good concerns raised in the initial wave of feedback though, so we want some time to sort everything out on our end. consider the release to be 'soon™' for now.
so will it be the next pulsefire? Eh? Eh? I was following that skin in the game files for 5 or so months before it came out.

nfong

01-02-2013

wondering if this skin is slated to be a legendary? (if it gets released)

MavJr

01-08-2013

bummpp.

FlutterShen

01-08-2013

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
it's less about 'how vocal' an opinion is and more about how sound and broadly appealing it is. that is to say, 100 echoes of a particular opinion doesn't automatically trump 1 post of another opinion. the important thing is that every opinion is voiced so we can cross-reference them with other data we have, and fuel our discussions about direction and how to proceed.

so while it's probably much more likely that the more vocal posts will get a response, it's not the case that they have more weight based on the size of their voice. that's how i personally filter things, anyway.

tl;dr - voice your opinion if you want it heard—don't let the popularity of dissentient opinions dissuade you from posting.

oh, and for those wondering, we aren't scrapping the skin. there definitely were some good concerns raised in the initial wave of feedback though, so we want some time to sort everything out on our end. consider the release to be 'soon™' for now.

Don't Ever, EVER use SoonTM infront of me. You're better than that. Christ I think I may have PTSD from blizzard and that damn SoonTM.

Stark Midnight

01-09-2013

Norse King Lux

Flèas

01-10-2013

Dont know why this posted 3 times

Flèas

01-10-2013

Dont know why this posted 3 times

Flèas

01-10-2013

I love this skin and am looking forward to buying it, Lux is my most played champion and there is a lot of support for this skin even if its not getting posted in these forums, ie. the comments on the youtube videos for the skin for example.

On another note if they were to scrap it(I know they have not) Why not just release it after spending all this time on it so the people that do like it could buy it then work on w/e you would have replaced it with. That will make the supporters happy and let the bashers try their luck with another skin while not losing any time or money for riot.

Just wanted to voice my support for the skin after reading riots post