Pro Tips for the New Item Shop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nbs0317

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

recommend , all item list , and classic style button wtf

Goul66

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

I kinda wish there was a way to revert back to the old shop. I liked that better.

Stexe

Adjudicator

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumains View Post
Been playing a few games recently; it seems that more than a few of the common shorthand references are not recognized. This includes both DC (for Rabbadon's Deathcap), and AD (for attack damage). Furthermore, please consider the following abbreviations for other items:

* BRK for Blade of the Ruined King
* ZHG for Zhonya's Hourglass
* hp/HP/Hp for Hit Points and/or health
* AR/ar for armor
* MR/mr for magic resistance
* HG/Hg/hg for Mercuric Scimitar
* Mask for Liandry's (and perhaps Guise as well, and any future items that are or look like masks).
* Fist for Iceborn Gauntlet (and perhaps Brawler's Gloves and similar items also).

Also, as many abbreviations come from either a fragment (e.g. at the end or in the middle) of the item name, or its initials, please be sure that we can search for items with these criteria as well, even if there is overlap between initials (please ignore "The" when it appears, as we don't want to have to keep track of which ones have "The" in the name or not when in game), such as the Bilgewater Cutlass and Black Cleaver both carrying the initials "BC". Even though we always mean Black Cleaver when we say BC (in reference to the game), it's still a handy way to get to the item very quickly if you don't know, or there isn't an already existant abbreviation.
You have no idea how many times I've typed "hp" for "health" and cried when nothing I was looking for came up.

Now it looks like I'll be shedding tears of joy!

Beaumains

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Reinboom View Post
Thank you very much for this list. It's trivial for us to add more terms like this and I've been on the lookout for notes such as this for things to include.

Some of these already work now, though. AR becomes armor simply because 'ar' exists in the word armor. "MR" should display magic resist as it is now.
The shop also does partial and middle searches. "The Black" Finds black cleaver. "Cleaver" finds Black Cleaver. Most of the rest I'll be adding, as they are all solid searches.
Good to hear; I've been playing more games since I posted, (and specifically double checked some of those - hence I facepalmed when I discovered that AP & MR are already coded). I've come to realize that one of my suggestions: namely the suggestion about partial matches, will only be useful/convenient for 3-4 or more letters. Otherwise you'll run into the problem of "AA" returning both Archangel's and Runaan's, and things like that. If I got to choose between coding for partials and coding for initials and/or slang - I think I'd go with the latter; just because that becomes easier as you pick up on it. When new players ask what to get, "standardized" slang/abbrevs go a long way towards the rest of us helping them out.

Thanks for the response - always good to hear from a red!

Beaumains

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiggz View Post
Suggestion: Custom builds button

It's been a suggestion for ages, and would be so nice. (Something you can create via the PVP.net screen dragging items into a build setup similar to recommended items only separate that you create).

So many of us would love it, instead of having to use tools to tweak the recommended, especially since people like me would prefer both
You know what would be awesome? To be able to add a current item to your recommended items. Either drop it in a "Custom" section, or be able to choose what section it goes to (e.g. Starting, Core, Offensive, Consumable, etc.), even if there are currently no items for your champion in that category. Then, as long as it can remember your settings for the champion/store, 1 bot game per champ means you're good for life - or until Riot has to do a reset.

Mysterage

12-18-2012

LOVE the new item shop, Riot! I wish you would turn down the volume and pace on the champion creation process (one a month is far from more than what we need, since we already have such a huge roster) and focus instead on improving the gameplay elements, champion balance, new maps, etc.

Lonerstoner

12-18-2012

Change it back.

Goothulhu

12-18-2012

when i buy the chain armor for 720gold, it does not show frozen heart up at the top as a possible build into item, it does show an item that builds into the frozen heart, but not the total build item, but now that i think about it, maybe it was designed that way haha

I also have a suggestion, during ranked / draft pick games there should be a mute music, those bans + picks take forever and the music can be overwhelming. it should only mute music, nothing else.

Also when purchasing RP there is no way to exit from that screen? ugg I clicked it to check it out, and my game started, I couldnt get out, had to restart LOL to get back into my game~!!!

and last thing, those tips you show at the begining of games, you might want to delay the tip message because no one reads them while buying items, and the tips are almost gone by the time you purchase. you should display the tips after the 30sec mark or later to ensure people are actually reading them

Thanks GOOTHULHU

Mister Quiggles

12-18-2012

There should be a favorite system, something like our mastery pages we name them and put the items we want in there

fkufgts

12-18-2012

idk if this has been said before, but can we get consumables for everychampion on the recomended page? hate constantly having to click 3-4 times to get to wards. its not a huge deal but would save that much more time considering how finding an item not on the recomended list takes.

edit - like pots mana pots wards pink ward flask of hp mana thingo not the elixers n watnot