Pro Tips for the New Item Shop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lusoka

12-15-2012

Someone probably already said this, but I think we'd love a custom bar for quick and easy access, I don't know, make a third bar below masteries or something :P

Beaumains

12-15-2012

Been playing a few games recently; it seems that more than a few of the common shorthand references are not recognized. This includes both DC (for Rabbadon's Deathcap), and AD (for attack damage). Furthermore, please consider the following abbreviations for other items:

* BRK for Blade of the Ruined King
* ZHG for Zhonya's Hourglass
* hp/HP/Hp for Hit Points and/or health
* AR/ar for armor
* MR/mr for magic resistance
* HG/Hg/hg for Mercuric Scimitar
* Mask for Liandry's (and perhaps Guise as well, and any future items that are or look like masks).
* Fist for Iceborn Gauntlet (and perhaps Brawler's Gloves and similar items also).

Also, as many abbreviations come from either a fragment (e.g. at the end or in the middle) of the item name, or its initials, please be sure that we can search for items with these criteria as well, even if there is overlap between initials (please ignore "The" when it appears, as we don't want to have to keep track of which ones have "The" in the name or not when in game), such as the Bilgewater Cutlass and Black Cleaver both carrying the initials "BC". Even though we always mean Black Cleaver when we say BC (in reference to the game), it's still a handy way to get to the item very quickly if you don't know, or there isn't an already existant abbreviation.

Beaumains

12-15-2012

Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but instead of having Recommended Items on a separate tab, can we just widen the store interface and tag that on one side or the other? Maybe have it flip out as optional; that way players can see both simultaneously. In the interrim, can we at least get the [TAB] key overloaded to switch between them quickly? What's the point of quick searchability if the store opens up in Recommended?

Speaking of the search function, is there an easy way to get back to the field without closing the store completely? The [Esc] key should be overloaded to escape the search function (but not close the store) if possible, and we should be able to scroll back into the field and/or continue typing to change the parameters. To improve on the awesome ability to buy direct-from-search, this should not auto-close the search, but instead leave us on the item purchased (perhaps with some indicator that it worked, but observant players should see the item in inventory and gold expenditure). That way if you want to buy the item more than once, you simply press [enter] again each time. This obviously works for pots, but it can also work in cases where you want more than one basic/core item (e.g. Vamp Scepter) at the time of purchase (e.g. limited funds + gotta have one right now anyway).

I've also noticed that more than a few champions have no recommended Consumable items. For those that do, this is a very convenient place to pick up pots & wards. Also, can we get multiple options for starter items the way we get for the other options? For example, WW can still start with boots + pots, AD + pots, and Doran's (blade), in addition to the Machete. Vlad can start w/ AP + pot, or even regen (if he's going that route). In that vein, it seems that the situational items are rather restrictive. Perhaps it should include a category of "Situational" items that includes items like BV, QSS, Thornmail, etc.?

Beaumains

12-15-2012

Last but not least: thanks for putting this up; I'm sure many players will find it very useful!

Pepperpwni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Love the search bar, but there's a few things I noticed that I want included:
+ "revive" to bring up Guardian Angel
+ "atk" to show AD items
+ and something else I forget...

I love the fact that the search is very flexible; I wanted Chain Mail once and started typing in "arm" for armor, panicked when I saw too many items, hit space, started typing in "chain", and found it. Of course, now I know just typing in "chain" would be faster, regardless, I'm happy now that I've grown used to the new shop.

Best Vi Earth

12-15-2012

not a fan. i cant type while the shop is up anymore.

IT MAKES ME SOOO ANGRY

kajjirr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

I still think we should be able to pick and choose, ourselfs, what our recommended items are for each champion. I know most ppl stick with normal builds and rarely stray but for those that want to be unique or feel other item builds are better for their play style, so why not give them the option of changing the recommended items to suit their needs so they don't have to ever filter through items during game to find what they want.....?

I just feel this would be simple way to streamline games and make room for more items without the fear of having too many items to sort through....

mr underhilI

12-16-2012

can we, the player, change the items in the recommended tab?

for example i would like to play ap jax while the recommended section items are for attack speed jax, i would like to remove the recommended ones and replace them with the items i want

Raptamei

12-16-2012

Someone played Dota 2. Lots and lots of Dota 2. What's wrong, scared?

crich92

12-16-2012

Another pro tip: dont be the A-hole to look threw the shop when you are the ad carry in the laning phase of the game while being atked... tired of those people