Requesting a ban reversal...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TenienDaithen

12-13-2012

There is no place that you can go and get your ban reversed. There are so few that would ever get to use a feature like that.

You could press the support button at the top and fill out a support ticket. Amongst a couple of possible replies there will definitely be included in their reply a comment to post on the forums to see what the community thinks. Thus far, you don't care what the forum goers think. Which is fine because I've seen too many "false ban" reform cards that were 100% justified. I will no longer act as the tribunal forum court of appeals, since there isn't really a way to appeal.

My recommendation to you: accept the punishment, ask for help from the community on how not to get banned, accept that help.

Until one is willing to accept assistance, I shall provide none.

Exen Vikernes

12-13-2012

I do care about what the community thinks. But I haven't seen it here. What I got was replies from three people acting self-righteous and wanting to enact draconian laws for silly things like calling someone a ******.

I appreciate your input, though. I did send Riot a support ticket but I don't know what they will reply.

And accept assistance for what? For being called a wetback? I'll have to work on that, sure.

Exploding Barrel

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exen Vikernes View Post
I do care about what the community thinks. But I haven't seen it here. What I got was replies from three people acting self-righteous and wanting to enact draconian laws for silly things like calling someone a ******.
So what I'm hearing is that you've decided what the community must think, and if you don't like the feedback you get then those people obviously don't represent the community at large.

Hundreds of people voted on your case. Lyte has even said that racial and homophobic slurs are the most consistantly punished actions in the Tribunal. If you can't accept that that has no place in this community, there are many more out there you can participate in instead.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:

I appreciate your input, though. I did send Riot a support ticket but I don't know what they will reply.

And accept assistance for what? For being called a wetback? I'll have to work on that, sure.
So explaining the rules to you makes us self-righteous? Please explain.

League of Legends is Riot's house. You can't come into their house, break their rules and expect to not be punished. It's not draconian, it's common sense. It's called being a decent human being. It's called being mature.

If you don't like their rules, don't play the game.

TenienDaithen

12-13-2012

Quote:

Here's the thing: I can't help you with anything if you have all of the answers already. You weren't punished because someone called you a wetback. I'm not going to read your case unless you really are looking for advice.

It's one thing to come on here and say, "read my reform card and give some advice to help me not be banned again." It's quite another thing to come on here and do what you did, "I shouldn't be banned. Look at this reform card and tell me who I need to talk to for unbanning."

You aren't asking why you are banned you are saying you shouldn't be, therefore, I do not read your card.

Exen Vikernes

12-13-2012

I know why I am banned, it says so in the tribunal case. I am here telling you I shouldn't have been banned for replying to someone who very clearly insulted me. You and other people are here telling me the ban should be upheld because that little word is evil and writing it should be punishable 100% of the time. But please understand what I said about Riot not implementing an autoban filter.

Consider the scenario where one person could be playing with his friends and they would call each other things like that but meaning no harm obviously since they are friends. Another team mate reports for whatever reason, the tribunal sees "evil words" and decides to ban. Is that fair? Do you want that? Draconian laws for every little thing regardless of context?

SchierkeWiking

12-13-2012

Quote:
I am here telling you I shouldn't have been banned for replying to someone who very clearly insulted me.
Once again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
4) That player in my game was far worse than me. Why am I banned???
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK. Reacting to a toxic player by being toxic just incites that player to be even worse--it also ruins the game for up to 8 other players. It is far, far worse to watch two people yelling at each other all game than it is to watch 1 player ranting into blank space. Almost everyone in the game can find someone out there that behaves worse than they do--but so what? Finding someone worse doesn't justify your behavior or justify retaliation. We expect more out of our players. What players often don't realize is... those other players in your game that you thought were worse? Nearly 100% of the time, those players were banned even before you were. If someone is being toxic, just report them and move on. If you retaliate, both of you will be banned. It's really that simple.
You're basically saying "since I don't agree with the rules I should not be bound by them" which is nonsense.

The makers of the game say that you're not justified in answering insults with insults, don't like that?, fine, go play another game with different rules.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:
I know why I am banned, it says so in the tribunal case. I am here telling you I shouldn't have been banned for replying to someone who very clearly insulted me. You and other people are here telling me the ban should be upheld because that little word is evil and writing it should be punishable 100% of the time. But please understand what I said about Riot not implementing an autoban filter.
I wasn't just that one word though. You went off on the guy for the rest of the game, calling him multiple names.

Quote:
Consider the scenario where one person could be playing with his friends and they would call each other things like that but meaning no harm obviously since they are friends. Another team mate reports for whatever reason, the tribunal sees "evil words" and decides to ban. Is that fair? Do you want that? Draconian laws for every little thing regardless of context?
They should know the rules of the game and be considerate of their teammates. There are programs like ventrilo and skype where those friends can all sign on together and call each other whatever they want. They can even /whisper each other in game instead of typing it in chat. If they broke the rules...they broke the rules. There's no two-sides about it.

And stop equating getting banned from a game because you broke the rules to Draconian Law where almost every offence was met with the death penalty. This isn't even close to being Draconian in nature.

KadÔr

12-13-2012

Quote:
Again. Enacting draconian laws regarding insults is not only a bad idea but also clearly not what Riot had in mind. Like I said, if they wanted that then they would have put an autoban when you write that word in game. There is a reason Riot made the Tribunal and it is not for people to click the punish button every time they see a word they don't like.
Hey you are right, but completely unrelated as to why you are banned.

Disgruntler

12-13-2012

LeBlanc [00:19:11] Say that to me when you do something in game, ******...

LeBlanc [00:19:40] You're Nasus lmao...
LeBlanc [00:19:42] King of top lane...
LeBlanc [00:19:44] Get the **** out...

LeBlanc [00:20:18] ****ing baddies...

This is completely unacceptable. No one deserves to have to put up with you doing this. No one cares if 'Nasus deserved it'. The other three players did not. That's reason enough.