Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Requesting a ban reversal...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exen Vikernes

12-13-2012

I don't know if this is the place to make such a request or this forum is just to talk about the Tribunal. If so, please tell me how I can contact Riot about this issue.

I believe I was unfairly banned. Here is the tribunal case:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6037599/#nogo

1st game: I had the best score of my team. I tried to have teamwork, calling mias and all. Guy calls me a wetback, I call him a ******.

2nd game: I don't even know what I was reported for. Bot lane was clearly duo queueing and decided to report me because I told them they didn't listen to mias. How is that ban worthy?

I would appreciate some input here. I don't think a ban was in order.

Geekweezul

12-13-2012

A ban was the correct punishment.

Just because someone else breaks the rules doesn't mean you are automatically allowed to break them. You should have ignored the person who insulted you and reported him after the game. Instead, you chose to call him derogatory, hateful names. 100% against the rules.

Kroda13

12-13-2012

I wouldn't have banned for that but Nasus needs to be punished for sure

Exen Vikernes

12-13-2012

@Geekweezul: That is your opinion, I do not share it. Like I said, if this is not the proper place to make such a request then please direct me to the proper place. Email Riot or opening a support ticket, maybe?

@Kroda13: I don't care about Nasus. I have a thicker skin than that. If someone insults me I can just insult back, no need to report people. However I don't understand why I was banned for that.

Geekweezul

12-13-2012

Quote:
Exen Vikernes:
@Geekweezul: That is your opinion, I do not share it. Like I said, if this is not the proper place to make such a request then please direct me to the proper place. Email Riot or opening a support ticket, maybe?

@Kroda13: I don't care about Nasus. I have a thicker skin than that. If someone insults me I can just insult back, no need to report people. However I don't understand why I was banned for that.

No, it's actually Riot's opinion. They have rules against what you did. You can contact support at http://support.leagueoflegends.com/ and ask, but I guarantee you it will not be overturned.

Just because you don't like the rules doesn't mean you do not have to follow them.

Great Pyrenees

12-13-2012

Request denied. Read the summoners code. It is not ok to retaliate period. If you have a problem with someone you report them after the game. You deserved this punishment stop making excuses.

Exen Vikernes

12-13-2012

It is clear Riot's opinion on the matter is not to enact draconian laws regarding insults. If that was the case, Riot would have put an autoban filter on the game every time someone wrote a word they don't like. So, again, that's your opinion. I do not share it.

Thank you for your advice, though. I will send a support ticket to Riot shortly.

theshim

12-13-2012

Quote:
Exen Vikernes:
It is clear Riot's opinion on the matter is not to enact draconian laws regarding insults. If that was the case, Riot would have put an autoban filter on the game every time someone wrote a word they don't like. So, again, that's your opinion. I do not share it.

Allow me to quote Lyte from the stickied topic:
Quote:
Lyte:
1) What's the point of having a language filter if I can get banned for 'adult' language?
a) We aren't out to punish players who use adult language; in fact, very few players are ever banned for saying stuff like "f***, I missed that skill shot" or "damn, f***ing close game!" However, the language filter is not an excuse to verbally abuse someone in the game. When you verbally abuse or harass someone by calling them "f***ing ******" or "n*gger noob", that's when you've crossed the line and will be punished by the Tribunal. I've said this before and I'll say it again, we aren't trying to clean online games of adult language; we're trying to reform or get rid of jerks who like to verbally abuse and harass other players.

Also of note:
Quote:
4) That player in my game was far worse than me. Why am I banned???
a) I'll keep this one simple: retaliation isn't OK. Reacting to a toxic player by being toxic just incites that player to be even worse--it also ruins the game for up to 8 other players. It is far, far worse to watch two people yelling at each other all game than it is to watch 1 player ranting into blank space. Almost everyone in the game can find someone out there that behaves worse than they do--but so what? Finding someone worse doesn't justify your behavior or justify retaliation. We expect more out of our players. What players often don't realize is... those other players in your game that you thought were worse? Nearly 100% of the time, those players were banned even before you were. If someone is being toxic, just report them and move on. If you retaliate, both of you will be banned. It's really that simple.

Exen Vikernes

12-13-2012

Again. Enacting draconian laws regarding insults is not only a bad idea but also clearly not what Riot had in mind. Like I said, if they wanted that then they would have put an autoban when you write that word in game. There is a reason Riot made the Tribunal and it is not for people to click the punish button every time they see a word they don't like.

Exploding Barrel

12-13-2012

Quote:
Exen Vikernes:
There is a reason Riot made the Tribunal and it is not for people to click the punish button every time they see a word they don't like.

Well, yeah. That is precisely one of the reasons. The key is that the community can decide which words they don't like.