Is it really so hard not to be toxic to other players?

Yes 8 18.60%
No 26 60.47%
Its complicated. 3 6.98%
How did I get here? 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Is it really so hard not to be toxic?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reets View Post
It doesn't help that you also get players who start arguments because they like it or think it's funny and amusing.
It takes two to argue.

And really, if you know that this is the only reason that they're attempting to start an argument, should that make it all the easier to avoid?

Reets

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
It takes two to argue.

And really, if you know that this is the only reason that they're attempting to start an argument, should that make it all the easier to avoid?
You didn't Understand.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

Quote:
You didn't Understand.
And you don't care to explain?

Reets

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
And you don't care to explain?
Right, I don't care to explain.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

Quote:
Most gamers are male and arguments tend to involve Pride and Dominance. I think we all know what happens when it comes down to a man and his pride ha ha.
If this statement were different... if this statement said "Most gamers have low self-esteem and care too much about what others on the Internet say about them and therefore can't help by reply to trolling with any method other than verbal abuse and harassment," then I might buy into your statement.

The fact of the matter is, I'm male, and I don't have any problem not ending up in the Tribunal. People can say whatever they want about me, it doesn't matter. It's not going to upset me to the point that I need to get in a rage fight in a video game chat to assure some random anonymous idiot that all those things he just said about my mother's social life are actually wrong.

The fact of the matter is, I know people in real life who behave like this online. They can't help but troll people in video games. I know multiple people like this. And every one of them lives a pretty sad, miserable life. There are people in life that get off on knowing that they made someone else's day worse.

Me? I prefer knowing that I made someone else's day better, typically.

I also know that by responding to a troll with anger, all you do is let the troll win. Just watch. Play a handful of LoL matches till you get one with a troll. Next troll you get, respond to all of his harassing comments simply by typing "okay." Say nothing else, not to him anyway. Just respond to his harassing comments with a simple "okay."

Then watch as he gets more and more mad as the match goes on. At first he seems mad but he's really just trying to upset other people. Give it the length of a 20-40 minute match, especially if your team is losing. See if he doesn't go from trololol mad to legitimately furious.

And why is he getting mad? He's getting mad because he doesn't get enough attention offline, and now, online, his trolling efforts, the one way that assures him attention online, is failing. You're not giving him the attention that he wants. Because in the end, that's all trolls want.

I mean, knowing that that's all they want, does it make it way easier to NOT give in to them knowing that by not giving in to them you...

a) Make them mad.
b) Make the Tribunal case against them easier.
c) Keep your record spotless and completely avoid the Tribunal yourself.

Reets

12-13-2012

I didn't read most of what you wrote and that's mainly because you have been trolling what others say in every thread I have seen you post in.

Your started out by writing something that shouldn't have more than a couple of lines under it.
I don't see the point in trolling a mild joke someone posted either.

If this is something you're doing that you haven't realized yet, you should consider just responding to the thread creators' post and topic in a progressive or at least respectful way.

I'm about to start a game, but I will make sure to read your response so I don't leave you hanging.

Take Care.

Kroda13

12-13-2012

people that can't "control" their temper are just choosing not too and bringing these bans on them selves

LittleDi

12-13-2012

Funny... I've got no problem not being toxic in game. Why do 6 people at this time have...

Oh.
The Hobo Lord
Reets (50/50?)
Jayden Demonia

Well, at least 2 yes votes are from people who have issues with controlling their temper.

It's not really that hard. Just stop hitting enter when someone makes you angry.

Xarue

12-13-2012

Use your experince to better understand of them, to know where they stand, and to better your judgment. Let it sit and rot your mind then Ill punish you come time for your judgment.

Reets

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
Funny... I've got no problem not being toxic in game. Why do 6 people at this time have...

Oh.
The Hobo Lord
Reets (50/50?)
Jayden Demonia

Well, at least 2 yes votes are from people who have issues with controlling their temper.

It's not really that hard. Just stop hitting enter when someone makes you angry.
I don't have any problem controlling my temper and never said I did.