Is it really so hard not to be toxic to other players?

Yes 8 18.60%
No 26 60.47%
Its complicated. 3 6.98%
How did I get here? 6 13.95%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Is it really so hard not to be toxic?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lictor Alpha

12-13-2012

Title.

Kirska

12-13-2012

Apparently it is extremely difficult for some people.

The Hobo Lord

12-13-2012

I am the yes vote

theshim

12-13-2012

wait where am I

Great Pyrenees

12-13-2012

This is a wierd question. Considering 98.6% of LoL does not have this problem. I think only the teeny tiny minority have this problem. Wierd poll.

Reets

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hobo Lord View Post
I am the yes vote
I'm the second Yes vote.

I'm not "toxic" to players, but it's not easy to control the frustration caused by others.

If the specificity of the pole were leaning towards players who are toxic with no apparent cause; my vote would be No.

NegaStoat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Situation - some events happen with your current match that make you want to flip your lid.

The summoner's code implies that a person should vent their outrage and negativity either internally or out loud at their computer monitor first. After that, the player should consider how to voice their concern in a way that is constructive. Insults won't help win the match, nor will sarcasm.

Unfortunately we have far too many players skipping that step and typing their outrage and negativity just as fast as they are thinking about it. They also feel it's the okay thing to do, and feel justified for doing so because "people need to grow thicker skins".

One or more allied players who are completely neutral about the situation didn't sign up for a match to be hit on the head with vulgar insults, racial / national / homophobic slurs, or personal attacks to pop up in their chat. They signed up to play a match and try to win.

Too many players just don't get it. It's the number 1 reason why I quit playing. Two years ago the community was pretty okay. Riot seems to be content with brand new players and older players having increasingly less fun as the game ages rather than the game's experience improving.

SchierkeWiking

12-13-2012

For some maturity challenged people, it is, for us normal human beings, it isn't.

Ada Wong

12-13-2012

Yes and know allow me to explain.

My first random Solo Ranked today and I get matched with TROLLS.

Before the game starts.

They tell me not to pick Vayne as a champ, but wait until 1 second to tell me I should probabily go cait.

Then they tell me not to use exhuast well exhuast saved some mates and myself and earned me some kills. ( But they do not tell me what I should be getting in other words wasted my time reading your chat if you are going to suggest something make a suggestion in a complete sentence. Not don't get exhuaust.) Did you want me to get heal or something as an AD?

In Game

Everyone has already chosen so I do ADC, and I am doing fine until the Lux in my lane decides to Leave to the other bushes that are warded without reason, ping, or communication and the result was I died when we were close to two kills because of their stupuid mistake.

Then as a support they refused to counter ward, and keep wards up in the lane, I asked the mnicely to leave the lane if they can't do their role because from the start in almost any game unless I get bumrushed by 3+ or an entire team I can easily hold any lane 2vs1 usually for quite awhile the exception that the team has not given them an upper advtage.

Then Mates start making idiotic comments, and I warn them that I will mute them if I hear anymore, and they say something again so forget it I just mute everyone and try my best to stick with the team in group fights because of their comments meanwhile the entire team couldn't even focus an enemy, our Tank was running in combat as a tank, our melee was not doing any damage all the times I had an enemy low and we had the kills as a team it was just pathetic 3/10 kills, but heres the proof that is all that is needed.

3vs1 in bottom lane I picked off a kill vs all 3 without my support who really wasn't doing anything I still died almost had two kills but my point is this was likely a troll premade and I won't be shocked if I get reported for being a feeder with over 3 kills and 10 deaths.

Fact is however I only do as good as my team also playing their roles if you can't do your role and you are with me then chances are its not going to go so well unless you inform me before hand.

So to answer your question is it hard not to be toxic?

Yes it is, and this is why I have to place the team on mute when they start refusing to communicate, pings without reason , or their little blame game without providing a valid reason or knowing what they are talking about. Muting a team or person can somewhat be frowned upon by the community and I understand this, but it keeps me from actually cursing out the team and being a Toxic player. Its hard however because the last two false Tribunal Suspensions on my account were because of Trolls in games, single game reports, There was no raging, no use of any explict language either minor stuff for being trolled an entier game I would say but they throw out all these other claims with lack of evidence or facts they can't prove.

Try plaing in some games with Troll players like I get 3 games in a row sometimes taking hours or days break because you are that annoyed and see what I talk about and by Troll I mean people not even really trying or doing their role.

Reets

12-13-2012

It doesn't help that you also get players who start arguments because they like it or think it's funny and amusing.
Most gamers are male and arguments tend to involve Pride and Dominance. I think we all know what happens when it comes down to a man and his pride ha ha.