Jungling Counters:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ErdoS The Wise

10-12-2010

I was wondering how pro junglers go around these certain situations. Well actualy i can only think of two but here it is

One: There is a stealth... nuff said. Lets go with Twitch who actualy is a threat. He will be MIA alot, and oracles wont even help because jungling gets you down to a low health at certain times anyway. While jungling i would guess u dont expect to be ganked much, and if there is an MIA you might hide in a nearby bush to play it safe. But Twitch, like i said, will always be MIA

Two: You rely on golem at the start for jungling (most likely you are mummy). An enemy runs to your golem and manages to ward is safely.

What do you do in these situations?

gun fu panda

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErdoS The Wise View Post
I was wondering how pro junglers go around these certain situations. Well actualy i can only think of two but here it is

One: There is a stealth... nuff said. Lets go with Twitch who actualy is a threat. He will be MIA alot, and oracles wont even help because jungling gets you down to a low health at certain times anyway. While jungling i would guess u dont expect to be ganked much, and if there is an MIA you might hide in a nearby bush to play it safe. But Twitch, like i said, will always be MIA

Two: You rely on golem at the start for jungling (most likely you are mummy). An enemy runs to your golem and manages to ward is safely.

What do you do in these situations?
1. Play a jungler that doesn't get low hp (WW/Nunu/Udyr)
2. Start somewhere else. Accept that you'll level slower.

ErdoS The Wise

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun fu panda View Post
1. Play a jungler that doesn't get low hp (WW/Nunu/Udyr)
2. Start somewhere else. Accept that you'll level slower.
Well i meant for blind matchmaking. But ok ill give you the benefit of the doubt...twitch will most likely kill you 1 on 1 until you are 6 as warwick. you might be safer as udyr with the stun/move speed but a good twitch would slow you as soon as you start to run.... or get near o.0. Plus you will be handling minions on you + twitch. Any other ideas?

Bigmantree

10-13-2010

Against Stealth:

-Start in a novel location. Good choice can be Golems. If you're playing a champion you need Blue buff first on then have a teammate stick with you to protect you.

-Be aware of the stealth champion's health at all times in lane. If they go below half life you likely have nothing to worry about as they won't feel confident trying to gank your jungle.

-Make liberal use of pings when ganked in the jungle. Slow/kite the stealth until your team gets there.

-Grab an Oracles if they are getting jungle fever.

-Gank often against both the stealth and his allies. This makes them feel more defensive and will keep the enemies low life so a jungle gank is less feasible.

-Steal the enemies jungle while he is holding the lane for an ally or ganking. People rarely check their own jungle, go eat his wraiths or lizard while the stealth searches for you in your jungle.

-Make it costly for him. Do enough damage when he ganks you that he has to port back or gets the disadvantage in his lane.

Golem Gets Warded:

-Team defense. At this point the main thing you can do is keep a few teammates nearby to slow or stop the enemy from ganking you.

-Fake leaving Golem. When the ward goes down act like you are going to go do another part of the jungle. This give them a little bit less warning when you come back and start golem as it spawns, meaning less time to get there.

-Watch the lanes. It's amazing how many times Golem gets warded and then noone follows up on it as they just sit in their lanes. If they don't leave the lane you have nothing to worry about!

-Ask your laners to play aggressive. The enemy is much less likely to gank you at golem if they are busy trying not to die to your bottom and middle or top and middle (depending on your teams side) lane.

-Steal the enemy golem. Go smite steal from the enemy jungler or do his golem if he isn't there.

-Bigmantree out

malphismia

10-13-2010

If u see your golem is warded, let your whole team babysit while you take the golem, its worth it for the whole team rather than having one teammate gimped from level 1.

if ur team is solo'queue, they have already went to their towers to stand for a minute and a half uselessly, so option 1 isnt an option, so u can try to take enemy golem.

if there's an enemy stealth, i like to get lizard early, and kill them when they try to gank you. do you know how squishy eve and twitch are lol ganked by shaco is a different story, if there's an enemy shaco you might want to get cloth armor + ward + hp pots (i.e. get the small creep camp that spawns early than elder buffs, and recall for extra pots before doing a full jungle rotation)

corallein

10-13-2010

Twitch isn't always MIA. And sometimes even if he is MIA, you know where he was 5 seconds ago, and barring him having teleport, you may know that there's no way he could get to the golem/dragon/whatever in time to gank you.

There's also the alternate path for jungling that some people do that is safer, but slightly slower.
Start at wraiths, smite the blue one, clear the camp.
Leech some XP in mid until level 2.
Clear wolves, clear big golem.

Or you can play a jungler that isn't as mana reliant, like Olaf.

Shinnyshin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Plus twitch is really, really, really weak early game. You should be able to take him 1v1 once you have red, unless you're Olaf, who's constantly low health...

Shinslammer

10-13-2010

Play a jungler who can flex their route a lot. Shaco, nunu, WW, udyr can all start pretty much anywhere. Mix it up, start at their red, or blue, if you suspect a gank. If you're having trouble, go hold a lane for a bit and then go back in. Buy a pink ward for their golem, or having someone with claire help you out with map awareness.

Shouldnt have to say this, but ALWAYS have smite. Even for champs that can jungle without it. Use it to stay ahead if they leave you alone and to make up lost time if they disrupt you. Remember that you jungle primarily for the extra solo lane. Being behind a little bit is understandable if theyre out to disrupt you. You just have to make sure you arent TOO far behind.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Taking an alternative route is usually the best defense against a golem ward. By the time you reach golem the enemy team will either be distracted or in no position to surprise you. Anyone hoping to come stop you will have to be very overt in their intentions unless your team is completely cowed.

Stealthers are far more dangerous in my experience. They can scout out your starting jungle location if you head there early, so don't if there's a Twitch or Eve. Wait until the last minute, and then some, before starting to jungle.