Should Slay Belle Kat's recall be changed to Xmas Present idea?

Yes 432 86.23%
No 69 13.77%
Voters: 501. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Slay Belle Katarina recall animation. @Volibar pay attn.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mxie

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googiegames View Post
Problem is, and somebody said this elseewhere, that boycotting of the skin itself is ineffective due to the way monetization works through Riot Points. They don't care what you spend the RP on, so long as you buy RP Riot continues to make money. In their opinion releasing one thing half-heartedly vs wholeheartedly does not mean much monetary difference to them, as we have already paid them to get RP. Once they have our money, how we spend our RP is irrelevant to their means of making money since they have already earned our money.
They'll still see that nobody bought the skin. It still comes down to money lost, because instead of spending 975 of my 1500 RP on this skin and having to buy more for the next 975, I'll skip this one and not have to buy RP for my next 975.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
Eh, I am sure Riot sees this pole clearly enough.
I suppose you're right, I just hate to know that there's people that simply don't care that we're being given a very half-assed skin, and are willing to pay for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Just found out we ARE able to do a new animation. What is up in the air still. Don't wanna remove value.
I just want to leave this one here.

Googiegames

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxie View Post
They'll still see that nobody bought the skin. It still comes down to money lost, because instead of spending 975 of my 1500 RP on this skin and having to buy more for the next 975, I'll skip this one and not have to buy RP for my next 975.

I suppose you're right, I just hate to know that there's people that simply don't care that we're being given a very half-assed skin, and are willing to pay for it.

I just want to leave this one here.
Thanks for that last part, I've re-edited my op to reflect the quotes and their references. I was looking for that Morello quote.

Rambooya

12-13-2012

While I liked the "stripper recall", I can respect the "thematically different" copout.

While I think the "we don't have enough time" copout is complete and utter garbage, I can respect it as well.

What I cannot respect, and no arguement thusfar has persuaded me, is that the "cut the candy cane" recall is better than the standard Katarina recall.

The theme behind katarina is a fast, violent, knifewielding badass, so the fact that she is suddenly crippled with arthritis for her recall animation doesn't seem to be thematically sound. Realistically, it looks like the candycane is made of butter. How else do you cut a "candycane" (read: HARD CANDY) with a knife at arthritis speeds?

It looks like they made the animation, found it went to fast, slowed it down, and for good measure padded it with the standard animation at the end. Imho its complete garbage.

Hell, I'd be fine with the skin if they used the original kat recall as a placeholder while they made a better custom recall.

Just my 2cent rant

Krimson62

12-13-2012

id be cool with the candy cane cut as a taunt. i think thatd be neat.

I was fine with the pole dance, but if they say it's inappropriate then fine. We can think of something better.

We think of something better and get told no??? because they don't wanna spend the time on it (and that's what it boils down to... they dont WANT to put the time into it)

Lame

Flaest

12-13-2012

I hope they still care about this community. I don't know what stopping them from changing this animation. Even if we think about the old one - it was better in every way possible. Can't they see that they were wrong, and made it much worse?
I just can't wrap my mind around it. It is ridiculous.

Krimson62

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaest View Post
I hope they still care about this community. I don't know what stopping them from changing this animation. Even if we think about the old one - it was better in every way possible. Can't they see that they were wrong, and made it much worse?
I just can't wrap my mind around it. It is ridiculous.

Just out of curiosity... when was the last time they actually listened to us and made a change?

They insist the prudes of the community did not change their mind.... so when was it they actually took our input and made something positive of it?

Last i can remember is pool party ziggs and astronautilus. and before that bunny girl riven... I'm beginning to question if they take our input seriously or not. unless they can make money on it

Because the debacles with dragon trainer Lulu and dark valkyrie dianas helmet are prime examples of riot not caring about community opinion

Flaest

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
Just out of curiosity... when was the last time they actually listened to us and made a change?
This is a very good question... There were some cases, that's for sure.
Well, let this case show us the truth for once=)

Krimson62

12-13-2012

time for the vocal majority to step up and get riot to do something.

The vocal minority had its say. no we want ours

we deserve a better explanation than "we don't have time" because we all know the longer they delay the more time they waste.

two animations can not possibly take long to do. So long as there is an effort to do so.

Put forth the effort riot, and you'll earn my $10. Simply out of principle (i would not have bought with pole dance, and especially not with the garbage it has now)

Mxie

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
I can't say much about "changes," but they did, at community request, add Pool Party Ziggs and Astronautilus. And in response to people being irritated about Black Friday, they made a poll where we got to decide what we got in return. It looks like IronStylus at least is listening to the feedback on the new Lux skin, but 1) IronStylus is kind of an exceptional badass, and 2) who knows if that'll actually accomplish anything. I guess Vi was a community request for a badass female champ, too.

But as far as I know, the only skins that they've changed on release were Haunting Nocturne and I think they're doing some different particles with Bewitching Nidalee (though it took over a year and a visual rework to get them done).

They do have a really bad track record of skin improvements post-release, though. Headmistress Fiora and Magnificent Twisted Fate were both basically acknowledged by Riot as being subpar, and but of them were subsequently ignored. Sadly, it looks like the same thing is happening here.

Conchobear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

I really like the idea but you gotta consider that Riot already made an animation that couldn't be used because it was deemed inappropriate and thus lost time and money so it's not in the business's best interest to spend even more time and money on something. With the candy cane it was quick and it recycled a lot of what they already had so they cut their losses and made that. I know it looks rather bad but it would be a waste to completely scratch the old animation and make a new one with new models and such. If they keep the candy cane and use it in a different way or use it for someone else then it would seem viable to make a change. I do feel like compared to Veigar Katarina's skin is a bit lacking besides the eye candy she provides so I do hope she gets that present animation but I can see why Riot might not want to do it. Especially if they are also working on other things.