Should Slay Belle Kat's recall be changed to Xmas Present idea?

Yes 433 86.25%
No 69 13.75%
Voters: 502. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Slay Belle Katarina recall animation. @Volibar pay attn.

12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

malicer333

12-13-2012

I didn't know that Riot had changed a skin after its release before (started playing last December). I was thinking they wouldn't have enough time either. They did mess things up though by removing the original animation because it "didn't thematically fit" the skin and not taking into account consequences from the community. There are a lot of complaints on the forums about the skin. If Riot remains stubborn and doesn't change the recall or decides to remove it again I think the skin should be reduced in price. No way is it worth 1350.

Dry those tears

12-13-2012

A red said that they do not have enough time to make a new recall animation or something >.> "pole cutting" pretty much saying cut your dicks off to satisfy the feminist.

Flaest

12-13-2012

Come on Riot, change it back. We made it clear - we didn't want any changes in her first Xmas recall. But you it chose for us, like it's you guys who pays their money for this skin.
Where is logic?

IonDragonX

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by googiegames View Post
only thing stopping me from buying the skin is the current recall animation (candy cane slash)

you guys agree? :d

over in another thread, we have come up with a recall animation idea (originally by zerocaliber) that thematically makes sense with the splash art. It's called katarina xmas present. In summary: "what if instead of that, four sides of a box appear under her, she folds up her arms, and then the sides of the box all close around her and form a present. The present then disappears at the end of the recall. When she re-appears in the fountain, she cuts herself out out the present in a spinning slash."- zerocaliber

riot has provided the standard cop-out answer to this well thought-out community idea:
"originally posted by ricklessabandon view post
the removal of the previous recall happened way too late in the release process to allow us any time for further iteration, so we aren't able to explore suggestions like the present-themed idea or make adjustments to the current recall."

this is exactly the response i remember from harrowing 2011 when hundreds of us petitioned to change haunting nocturne's particles. Oh wait, they didn't say that back then? What, you're telling me they changed the skin for the better even after the skin was released?!
"originally stated by volibar: I wanted to take the time to make a quick note about this and skins in general. We look at every skin and ask ourselves "what's going to be most awesome about this skin that fits in with the goal of the theme we're trying to convey?" we then create and price the skin based on the answer to that question. In the case of the xareth skins, this was our bad and we knew we'd fix it right away, as that's not the awesome quality level anyone (us or you) expect...
I do want to note in general that while we're happy to do this in cases like this, most of of the time we put a lot of thought and consideration into these things, and hopefully we'll do a better job in the future of making sure to be more thorough so the end result is in line with expectations. On a related note, we're pretty happy (and hope you are as well) with the rest of our skin releases!"

fun fact: Volibar who stated the above is also the same one who removed kat's original recall animation.
"originally stated by volibar: You’re right. This doesn’t really fit with her thematically, and it’s too much. We’ll be removing it."

@volibar, as of right now, the current kat recall animation still doesn't fit with her thematically and it's too little. The end result we have here is not, in your words, "in line with expectations." are you seriously "pretty happy" with this skin release?

My opinion: Slay belle kat's current recall animation is not in line with expectations. Let's change the current candy cane slash animation to this xmas present recall! You guys agree? :d
why is this not a thing already?!!

DeusVult

12-13-2012

bump

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

I appreciate all of you guys pushing so hard for this. I hope we can send a message to Riot that we won't buy work that isn't up to our quality.

Mxie

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
I appreciate all of you guys pushing so hard for this. I hope we can send a message to Riot that we won't buy work that isn't up to our quality.
We really should start a thread (or several threads) and make some serious noise about how nobody should buy the skin unless we get a promise of and updated, quality animation. I loved the pole dance and wish they would reimplement it, but at this point I'll settle for anything that looks like it had some actual effort involved.

Krimson62

12-13-2012

should really link to original thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2892948

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxie View Post
We really should start a thread (or several threads) and make some serious noise about how nobody should buy the skin unless we get a promise of and updated, quality animation. I loved the pole dance and wish they would reimplement it, but at this point I'll settle for anything that looks like it had some actual effort involved.
Eh, I am sure Riot sees this pole clearly enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
should really link to original thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2892948
Yeah, some people may think you want the original back. Plus that thread had a couple more details.

Googiegames

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxie View Post
Problem is, and somebody said this elseewhere, that boycotting of the skin itself is ineffective due to the way monetization works through Riot Points. They don't care what you spend the RP on, so long as you buy RP Riot continues to make money. In their opinion releasing one thing half-heartedly vs wholeheartedly does not mean much monetary difference to them, as we have already paid them to get RP. Once they have our money, how we spend our RP is irrelevant to their means of making money since they have already earned our money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
Eh, I am sure Riot sees this pole clearly enough.
Yeah, some people may think you want the original back. Plus that thread had a couple more details.
Done, been meaning to link to it but just in the spur of things forgot to do so.

12345612 ... 14