Your move RIOT GAMES

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

12-13-2012

I liked DoTA 2 for a number of reasons......with that said....

When people ***** about the cost of RP I just love showing them the cost of items in DoTA 2's store....holy hell! It is CRAZY expensive.

Captain Jack32

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post

When people ***** about the cost of RP I just love showing them the cost of items in DoTA 2's store....holy hell! It is CRAZY expensive.
Well yes but Valve doesn't charge for anything at all gamechanging (or require you to unlock it), and you can get the cosmetic items for free by playing the game. You are really giving a skewed view of the shop here...

Also to those that are disappointed that they don't change the theme of the hero, isn't that the entire point of a theme in the first place? To have different variations of a similar thing.

Korendil

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post

Yes, but most items are also obtainable through drops by simply playing the game.

Opening a chest using a key yields a better version of the items called "Strange" where they count different stats as you wear them (Kills, gold, towers destroyed) and some hero-specific ones (Tidehuter: Enemies Gushed, Invoker: Sunstrike Kills) and gathering enough changes the prefix description of the item's name.

Opening a chest also has a small chance of containing unusual couriers. Unlike normal couriers you find/buy, they have an alternate particle effect surrounding/following them. Their rarity gives them monetary value outside of the game. Most unusual couriers sell for $20, some particularly rare ones can easily breach $100.

There is incentive and even profit in purchasing items in DotA 2.

A Super Saiyan 3

12-15-2012

And it was all fanmade lol

Coedeed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
I had a fair match the other day in LoL where no one quit and there were no Cyrillic insults.

Your move, Valve.
You must be like super super super bottom elo pool.