Your move RIOT GAMES

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raptamei

12-13-2012

Actually, the reason Valve does this in two words:
Alpine Ursa.

Look up the controversy.
Tldr; their version of Volibear in a player created cowboy costume.
INTERNET DRAMA ENSUED
Dota is srs bsns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Nicklesnout View Post
Can't lie, after playing Dota 2 for a while began to miss League. Especially since while people can be ignored in English when they get all bizzle batchy, Russian insults are just piss annoying to try and decipher.
Also, no surrender function and they actually made it easier for dicks to fountain kill you over and over (no more trees to hide in) and if they do it for 5 minutes straight you get an abandon.

Abbx

12-13-2012

Quote:
Just be glad this abomination didn't make it to CyborgMatt's page.
Oh my God.

lileeper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

So this is a community made skin contest for Dota 2? That is pretty awesome. Why can't we have one T_T there are so many amazing custom skins!

Von Nicklesnout

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Alpine Ursa.

Look up the controversy.
INTERNET DRAMA ENSUED
Dota is srs bsns!

Also, no surrender function and they actually made it easier for dicks to fountain kill you over and over (no more trees to hide in) and if they do it for 5 minutes straight you get an abandon.
I try my hardest not to rage at fountain fishers like Pudge. But then they do the dick thing and stack Pudge with Chen. Then the game just becomes "TIME TO DIE EVERY TIME PUDGE HOOKS ME".

Zerglinator

12-13-2012

Pool Party Ziggs.

Astronautilus.

Brolaf.

Gentleman Cho'Gath

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

that's valve's way of saying "hey guys we're running out of ideas because we are just improving dota one so we wanted to hire underpaid help for you to make content for us"

Vrouge

12-13-2012

Quote:
I had a fair match the other day in LoL where no one quit and there were no Cyrillic insults.

Your move, Valve.
I had a fair, intense match of back and forth action the other day where everyone was happy bantering back and forth. In the end nearly all of us got a free cosmetic item and a ton of laughs.

Your move, Raptamei.

Quote:
Can't lie, after playing Dota 2 for a while began to miss League. Especially since while people can be ignored in English when they get all bizzle batchy, Russian insults are just piss annoying to try and decipher.
I totally miss LoL since I uninstalled it last week. I totally miss the whiners who spoke perfect English.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNova28 View Post
The problem with Dota skins is that Valve only pick skins that sticks to the theme of the champion. If the champion is ice, she will always be wearing winter ice clothing. Champion is a hunter, he will always be wearing furs.

League of legends skin are more open-minded. You would think that Dota 2 skins would be since they are developed by the community but Valve essentialy but a leash and collar on their "community" and only pick skins they deem appropriate by the hcamp.
And yet if you did a poll to ask the community whether or not they wanted wacky skins, the overwhelming majority would say **** NO. We don't want stupid wacky skins. They add nothing of value or interest to us. You don't have to deviate too far away from a hero's theme to have completely different looking skins of high quality.

Quote:
Alpine Ursa.

Look up the controversy.
INTERNET DRAMA ENSUED
Dota is srs bsns!

To be fair Dota has a lot more serious vibe to it than LoL and its players don't want it to turn into TF2 which is totally reasonable. There is currently no surrender option... whoopdeefrickingdoo. They are still experimenting and the game is not yet finished. Fountain farming causing an abandon? That's never seriously happened in any of my 1000+ matches before. Exaggerate more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
that's valve's way of saying "hey guys we're running out of ideas because we are just improving dota one so we wanted to hire underpaid help for you to make content for us"
Or you know it could be that they actually care about everyone's interests. They get a slice of the profits and so do the creators. The community gets to vote for it too.

WolfieBlackheart

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNova28 View Post
The problem with Dota skins is that Valve only pick skins that sticks to the theme of the champion. If the champion is ice, she will always be wearing winter ice clothing. Champion is a hunter, he will always be wearing furs.

League of legends skin are more open-minded. You would think that Dota 2 skins would be since they are developed by the community but Valve essentialy but a leash and collar on their "community" and only pick skins they deem appropriate by the hcamp.
omg they should do things like put lux in space marine armor so badass

Corran

12-13-2012

Why are you even still here Vrounge?

Mangonellos

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Pool Party Ziggs.

Astronautilus.

Brolaf.

Gentleman Cho'Gath
+1

Something that really bothers me about these skins that I haven't seen anyone else say, though, is that none of them are shown from the in-game angle. The artist put a lot of work into the cinematic-angle, but it could look horrible from the top, or it might not be easily distinguishable from another hero. I really prefer LoL's style where I can easily identify a champion regardless of the skin. With these, the outline of the character isn't always preserved. The sillhouette, the thing your eye uses to immediately say, "Hey, that's Miss Fortune coming for you." It seems like there's a lot more thought put into LoL's characters.