New Player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BSMaster

10-12-2010

Hey guys!
I am a new player, my friends told me about LoL and i thought i might as well give it a try.
Well at my first practice match, i was banned for being a lvl 1, which i thought was highly ridicoulous. Still i would like to ask you for some tips of what a noob like me should do in a normal battle, should i go around just protecting turrets, killing wild monsters, or going for the enemy? Thanks for any advice that comes along my way...

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

Hey ^^ Welcome to LoL :P

About your first practice match: don't be offended, you probably were just unfamiliar with LoL etiquette and some people don't take the time to explain. There are many different practice games. Some are IP farms (players vs bots), some are noob practice (you should look for those), some are high levels just messing around, playing with new and/or random champions, etc.

You should look at the title of the game. If it says something like 25+ NEW CHAMPS it means that you must be 25 level to enter. I suggest you look for titles among the lines of "new players here", "noob practice" "1-10 come" ie games aimed at players below level 10. I'm sure you'll find plenty :P

About ingame: if you really have no idea what you should do, pick a lane early game, try to defend the turret, while gaining experience and possibly try to fight a bit to see what your champ does. If you can, try to push an enemy turret. Once you hove some levels and items, try to stick with your team. There are tons and tons of guides on the forum, so I won't get into detail now. I'm sure you'll advance fast. If you have any questions, ask here.

Vidal

10-14-2010

The #1 tip I can give to new players is do not go strait down the middle lane at the start of the game to to the top or bottom let the more experenced players solo the middle lane.