Random crashing, unable to end task

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bad2thel30NER

12-13-2012

Randomly the game crashes, I'm then unable to end the process. I bring up my windows task manager, click on processes, end the process tree on all league of legends related items and the game client WILL NOT end, I can't get back into my game which is now likely over at this time.

chikkc

12-13-2012

Same problem here! I was playing a game of ARAM when suddenly the game crashes. I can't unable the process as well and I can't reconnect to the game.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

12-13-2012

What happens if you click the "end process" button instead of trying to force close the tree?

Also, what OS are you two running?

teh supa

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
What happens if you click the "end process" button instead of trying to force close the tree?

Also, what OS are you two running?
I am receive this issue as well. Windows 7 64 bit. During each of the game crashes I have been playing thresh and the game would freeze and be unable to respond. Upon finally ending the process via task manager or by right clicking the program and hitting close, the process never stops and prevents any new LoL application from completing. The LoLLauncher.exe processes will stack and also be unable to close. I have tried ending the process as well as ending the process tree, but the only thing that seems to work is hard restarting my computer (Holding power button to shut down). When this happens, it also destroys Steam.exe and a couple other applications on my computer. Is this enough information?

noooooooo

03-15-2013

This issue has just happened to me.

The game froze while I was dead. I was unable to regain control after a minute so my first thought was alt+tab. Did not respond. Alt+F4. Did not respond. Ctrl+Alt+Del. Did respond, then I attempted to close LoL from the taskbar, and it went to Windows Vista program ceased responding prompt.

I ended the program and the client and game seem to have closed, however in the task manager, League of Legends.exe is still on the list, end process, and end process tree DO NOT DO ANYTHING. It is currently using 1,314,636k of memory while not showing anything in applications tab of the task manager, but still showing a process in the process tab. There is no indication or icon on the taskbar, or the minibar on the right.

I'm using Vista home editon 32bit. It was the first game I played today. I was able to enter the client and login, it said I could reconnect, when I clicked reconnect it minimized and when to the LoL logo, but did not start the game. I was playing ingame for about half an hour. I can't think of anyother good info to post, though I can pull an error log or post a screenshot maybe if requested. I'll leave my computer as is right now to assist in bug-examination/stomping.

haroldcorex

03-30-2013

I have been having this issue frequently, even after updating video card drivers. The client freezes but I can still hear the background music playing. Alt+ctrl+del works but I am completely unable to shut down the process and it eats up RAM even after I exit the game. Every time I try to launch the client, it prompts me to end a previous one but instead of doing anything, it just stacks along with the other launchers. Eventually I had the client taking up 1.5K memory with 5 PVP patchers operating that I could not access.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit also. (Dell XPS, Core i7, 6GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 540M)

edit: I am also unable to load web pages and other applications run very slowly or are unresponsive.

Lagenor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2013

Just happened to a friend on my promotional. Game freezes while in middle of a game. He can close the game, and reboot the lobby and try to reconnect, but the game just doesn't come back up. If you check the task manager and look at the process, you can try to end the process, but the process just won't end. It requires a restart of your PC if you want to reconnect. It usually takes people around 8 minutes on the average computer to restart and try to get back in, probably much longer if their computer is low-end.

Note: This also happened to me 3 times over the course of the last few months. I dont' note anything that causes the crash, they happen seemingly randomly.

AnimeFreak9001

04-30-2013

Yeah this has happened to me and i tried the restarting of my computer but nothing has worked at all what was worse was when i tried to play a game after thinking it was fixed i was not able to join after i had been fighting for a lane (really long fight with another summoner about mid lane)

alexjuiceman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2013

Having the same issue, running windows 7 64 bit with all drivers up to date.

shibbyiu

05-17-2013

happens to me, only league crashes on my comp