Timeban on one game for communicating with the team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BDR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Was this worthy of punishment?

Checking my justice review, I pressed pardon for this individual but the overwhelming majority was punish.

This is the state our tribunal is in. You need to limit who is allowed to vote on these things, People are not reading the logs and punishing innocent players.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5909772/

l Gankfest l

12-18-2012

Na he's fine, you just gotta know that majority of people who do the tribunal are retarded. Most people don't even read the text and just click the punish button for IP.... Why it's a failed system and a lot of people get banned for no reason.

Tetrologist

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gänkfest View Post
Na he's fine, you just gotta know that majority of people who do the tribunal are retarded. Most people don't even read the text and just click the punish button for IP.... Why it's a failed system and a lot of people get banned for no reason.
There have not been IP rewards since October. As for why this person got banned, his belittling of his team constantly would get on anyone's nerves in the game. combine with the constant complaining of not following the meta, Which is not a punishable offense, doesnt help either.

BDR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrologist View Post
There have not been IP rewards since October. As for why this person got banned, his belittling of his team constantly would get on anyone's nerves in the game. combine with the constant complaining of not following the meta, Which is not a punishable offense, doesnt help either.
He isn't saying anything outside of that game itself and he is not being vulgar. Sure, he's a little annoying, but there is a mute function for a reason. It isn't as if hes the only one doing it, he is actively participating in a conversation with the team. Being Obnoxious is not a punishable offense, it's an opinion.

I'd have punished blitz and MF for being negative with constant harass and vulgarity. Fizz is trying to foster good teamwork and cooperation with his team and they adamantly refuse. Icing on the cake, they then report him for this and he gets the time ban.

This is an example of bad judgement on the behalf of the tribunal. There is no justice in this report.

l Gankfest l

12-18-2012

Quote:
So their trolling for free... Awesome. Good to know the Tribunal trolls have absolutely no life.

AloysiusMV

12-18-2012

Ok, I guess I will give my take on this case to explain the ban. I personally did not rule on this ban. You were not being too positive all game and kept on belittling teemo as a player. Instead of working with what you had, you instead focused too much on anothers' game. I am sure one of those was a "verbal abuse" report thus the majority of people who saw this decided that it was a punishable offence. There were probably many other games that got you this far to be time banned and sent to the tribunal in the first place and this is the one game the tribunal used to make a decision.

BDR

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AloysiusMV View Post
Ok, I guess I will give my take on this case to explain the ban. I personally did not rule on this ban. You were not being too positive all game and kept on belittling teemo as a player. Instead of working with what you had, you instead focused too much on anothers' game. I am sure one of those was a "verbal abuse" report thus the majority of people who saw this decided that it was a punishable offence. There were probably many other games that got you this far to be time banned and sent to the tribunal in the first place and this is the one game the tribunal used to make a decision.
That's not me, I was just reviewing the case. Personally, I don't get that involved in games because I don't have time to watch others lanes if I am losing my own.

Fizz [00:32:08] teemo is AD
Fizz [00:32:13] lol no wonder he didn't counter darius
Fizz [00:32:51] ap teemo with 44 AP lvl 1
Miss Fortune [00:32:52] we still lose tho :/
Fizz [00:32:56] destroys darius
Miss Fortune [00:33:28] ur right
Miss Fortune [00:33:36] forgot darius was darius
Fizz [00:34:03] I'm not concerned about this team
Fizz [00:34:07] just the lack of skill on some lanes
Fizz [00:34:16] mainly teemo

Fizz [00:24:22] teemo is his hard counter
Fizz [00:24:26] he should of been shut down
Riven [00:24:26] nah it
Fizz [00:24:27] but oh well
Riven [00:24:32] it's kayle right?
Fizz [00:24:35] no teemo

Fizz [00:18:28] teemo go help out
Miss Fortune [00:18:47] sry blitz didn't see u were still fighting :P

These are the three occurances of fizz interacting with teemo in the match.
He said nothing of teemo's play, but that teemo the champion itself is a hard counter to darius and that his build did not counter darius. He didn't say he wasn't playing well or that he was a noob or anything that could be taken as negative in any way. He did not bash teemo for losing his lane; It was stated that darius got out of hand (As darius's do) and that this one failed to do so.

In regards to the probability of other games that also got him here, I cannot use outside knowledge to punish or pardon a person. We are told that it takes a certain percentage of reporting of games to get to tribunal but there are many cases which only have one report vs the many others that have the maximum of five reports. I wonder why some cases only show one game to judge players on. If there are so many occurances of reports to get them to tribunal, Why show the minimum to judge someone? Maybe this is the players first offense but that doesn't mean we should be limited to the manner and character displayed in at least 5 of the reported games. Without anything else to judge him on, why punish him?

Teemo said nothing and MF may have been justified in getting upset but spoke in the same manner as Fizz and Blitz. If Fizz's behavior is warranting of a time ban, so should MF and Blitz. I've played enough games to know a negative player from one who is interacting with their team. Clearly, Tribunal has not.

It's a great system most of the time but even messing up once on a player should make it worthy of review.

Sereg Anfaug

12-18-2012

Well, he *****es and blames his team all game long. He's not really what I'd call toxic, but he could definitely use a warning. If I recall(I closed the tab already, sorry), he had a time ban, so apparently he'd already been warned, which means his punishment escalated.

Probably wouldn't be too bad if this one got Pardoned, but a Punish is certainly understandable.

Still - Riot claims that people need to be reported a large number of times to make it to the Tribunal... so why not include 5 games in every case? Make sure we have enough evidence for a good decision.

Pizzozz

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Well, he *****es and blames his team all game long. He's not really what I'd call toxic, but he could definitely use a warning. If I recall(I closed the tab already, sorry), he had a time ban, so apparently he'd already been warned, which means his punishment escalated.

Probably wouldn't be too bad if this one got Pardoned, but a Punish is certainly understandable.

Still - Riot claims that people need to be reported a large number of times to make it to the Tribunal... so why not include 5 games in every case? Make sure we have enough evidence for a good decision.
Yea it's weird though. I've seen a few 1 game cases where they've been judged on just one case. But isn't that what usually happens? People giving feedback along the lines of "ooh look you said 1 bad thing in 1 game, don't need to see the rest, PUNISH!"

Some people even told me that Riot wants you to punish people on the first offense yous see which kinda defeats the purpose of Tribunal guideline that says you should consider all the games.

But meh.. I don't know why some people get judged on 1 game alone.

Sereg Anfaug

12-18-2012

Well, I mean single game cases.

There are lots of multiple game cases where I see more then enough in game 1 and don't even have to look at games 2-5. And some single game cases are like that.

I just wish there weren't ever any single game cases. They always make me paranoid that a lenient group will get the case, and Pardon just because there's only one game =P