An odd question:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OMGitstommy

12-13-2012

Greetings, League of Legends community!

[DISCLAIMER: This is my first forum post here, so be gentle with feedback please. I also checked all the forum sections, and settled on this one because I believe the answer to my question is relevant to noobies - such as myself.]

I'm sure many of you haven't ever thought of this, and I certainly didn't until recently. My question is this: on the home screen, in the "Spectate Live" area, how are the games chosen?

I'm sure most people don't care about the answer, but I'm very curious as to whether or not there's a process at all, or a filter system? Is there (or will there be) a way to specify "Ranked" games? Does the system "make sure" there are at least a couple ranked games there? Or is it 100% random?

^ I find this relevant to new players, because with better understanding of this feature I believe it will be used more - especially by people who need to learn (me).

Thanks for reading, I hope this hasn't been asked already.
Regards,
~Tommeh.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

I'd like to know too. I assume its just based on a certain ELO bracket and randomly chosen.

It would be nice if they would actually LABEL THEM as dominion, SR, Twisted treeline. Sadly they are too ****ing lazy and just call it Normal or Ranked (like who gives a **** about that?)

King Kappa

12-13-2012

There are high elo ranked games on if people are playing. It's probably based on average elo, which would be platinum or higher. The normals are high elo normals, normal elo is separate from ranked elo but is somewhat similar. That's how it works.

Also: Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay

LarcyBrown

12-14-2012

Its around 2k elo for ranked and for normals as well and for dominion.they just choose some games around the 2000 elo ranges.

OMGitstommy

12-28-2012

Please pardon the bump-a-dump, I just want to thank you all for answering my question!

And I shall enjoy my stay, thanks for the welcome.