Valve will be revealing their version of Dota tomorrow

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chanchai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

In celebration of the reveal... THE DOTA SONG!

:P

That one DotA Rave Song

Cuz... ya know... we'll be sitting at home playing DotA... and then get in a limo with chicks drinking champagne (while European/Canadian legal age, not US legal age) and umm... go to a rave!!! Cuz that's what we do when we play DotA!

Lucid Dreaming

10-13-2010

Quote:
and then get in a limo with chicks drinking champagne (while European/Canadian legal age, not US legal age) and umm... go to a rave!!! Cuz that's what we do when we play DotA!
**** if I was rich I would do the same thing after every win

Northpaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2010

Valve is probably my favorite developer overall, so I'll be quite interested to see how this game turns out. Honestly though, I like LoL quite a bit, so unless it just plain blows LoL out of the water, I might play both interchangeably.

KalosCast

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldariz View Post
maps and gametypes mostly. im getting tired of teamfights and gangbanging buildings.

controlpoints anyone?
I'm not really a big fan on control-point games, with the exception of the Battlefield series. But if people want it, it doesn't hurt me.

I was thinking like an assault-type mode, where one team holds out against another for as long as they can, and then switch sides to try to beat the other team's time. Obviously, giving the offensive team some sort of advantage to guarantee they break through eventually.

Capture the flag could be fun and relatively easy to implement, just replace the nexus with a flag and add sight on the flag-holder so that Twitch doesn't just become the best runner.

While this would be rather teamfighty, just a straight-up deathmatch could be interesting. Extend the jungle/brush over the lanes and make everyone level 6 with some starting gold, neutral creeps only.