Why Was This Guy Punished? (Newbie Tribunal Member Here!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joe10112

12-13-2012

Okay, I think I'm getting the hang of this. But this case also is weird.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6038329/

1 Report, reported by 4 opponents.

Offensive language, harassing people, and was granted Pardon with Strong Majority. Lolwut?

mambawarrior0

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat View Post
Game 3 alone was enough to punish. Game 5 cemented it.

The above quoted link is the thing you should have read so you could do the job asked of you. Keep in mind that a person with a tribunal case made against them has a very large volume of reports on their record that won't show up in the case. A single game with wrongdoing present is all you need to hit Punish.
That was my point....
I think you're mistaking me for the original poster.

Enterti

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe10112 View Post
Okay, I think I'm getting the hang of this. But this case also is weird.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6038329/

1 Report, reported by 4 opponents.

Offensive language, harassing people, and was granted Pardon with Strong Majority. Lolwut?
I probably would have punished on that one as well, but some judges will take what the rest of the people are doing into consideration and if you look everyone in that game is pretty bad.

Expose AnthraX

12-13-2012

Another, 1-2 reports = punish and ban people from the game.

Essentially, after 1000-3000 games, it only takes 2-3 immature kids in league, 2-3 immature tribunal case-reviewers who don't read context or have empathy---to take away someone's long-held account.

YoshioPeePee

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJStarhiker View Post
For me, the deal-breaker is game five. He calls out 'feedersticks' multiple times. As it's ARAM, it's possible there is a fiddlesticks on the other team, but I read it as "I'm going to feed". He's also just nasty to the other players on his team. If that were the only game in the case, I would have hit punish.
games 2 and 5 sold it for me too

its not the most clear cut case of them all but i would have voted punish

Great Pyrenees

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expose AnthraX View Post

Essentially, after 1000-3000 games, it only takes 2-3 immature kids in league, 2-3 immature tribunal case-reviewers who don't read context or have empathy---to take away someone's long-held account.
The great thing about the tribunal is it pardons the innocent and punishes the guilty. How do you know if someone was innocent. Did the tribunal ban them? Then they were guilty =)

Based Eevee

12-14-2012

Wow seeing everyone getting on this guy is hilarious. I would have pardoned overall. The only game that was even remotely punish worthy was game 2.

Game 1: Garen instalocked and forced their Mundo to jungle, crippling the morale of the team because that Mundo obviously wasn't very happy about jungling and again, it was Garen's decision to instalock and not communicate/cooperate with the team. Not Ezreal's fault in the least. Pardon.

Game 2: Naut had 31 cs at the end of the game and Ezreal continued to whine and encourage the enemy team to report him for taking cs. 31 cs isn't that big of a deal and it seems like they were just getting stomped. But it doesn't justify him flaming his support. Punish

Game 3: Again, their Jayce was an instalock and decided to go bottom with Ezreal. Zero communication with the team, Jayce pays the price by getting trashed in chat. I don't see how that's such a foreign concept considering the game revolves around teamwork and if you're just instalocking champs regardless of the feeling of others, by all means, you deserve to be disliked for it. Pardon.

Game 4: Result was a win and there was no chatlog so obvious pardon.

Game 5: This was an ARAM game, people. Like seriously? How eager are you to swing the ban hammer? Pathetic. No one takes ARAM seriously and it wasn't even flaming it was just him lulzing around because as someone pointed out he WAS playing fiddle. So again, PARDON.

The community just gets sadder and sadder every day. This is almost equivalent to the guy that got banned for spamming /laugh

AJStarhiker

12-14-2012

"No one takes ARAM seriously"? Really? It might be the most casual format, but shouldn't that make easier not to go off and insult your teammates? You're supposedly playing with your friends, so if a friend reports you that tells me your behavior is pretty bad.

XSYST3M4TICX

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe10112 View Post
So apparently saying "Report _____" is a huge thing? More than the other people who swore constantly in the chat logs? I didn't think that just saying "Report ____ for Insta-Lock" is that bad, since he says it once at beginning, and once when they lost. It wasn't "Report Garen" every time Garen died. I don't think saying it twice at reasonable places seems like harassment.

Game 3 at the start of the game (Within 10 minutes) he is trying to communicate with Jayce, who is unresponsive (Not Communicating With Team). After that, all the chat is just about the game. I don't see anything wrong with trying to communicate with someone and failing to, then being a little frustrated about that. Of course, maybe saying "Report ____" is really really bad to do in a game. I don't think it is, since I play games in which whenever a team loses, they always will type in All-Chat "Report ____ for feeding", and pick on the person who fed the most.

And he was playing as Fiddle in Game 5...He IS Fiddle...so logic invalid. If he is Fiddle, he can't play better than Fiddle, since he is Fiddle. Maybe you wern't reading the cases quite carefully enough.
fiddleception!

LrdVprScrpn

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expose AnthraX View Post

Do you have proof of this? Objective evidence like the reform cards for the cases in question?