Allow multiple picks of the same champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghyrt

12-13-2012

5 Banshee's Veil or 5 Hourglasses would also shutdown 5x Karthus. 5x Veigar would also do the trick.

LogicalTautology

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghyrt View Post
5 Banshee's Veil or 5 Hourglasses would also shutdown 5x Karthus. 5x Veigar would also do the trick.
Banshee's Veil does literally nothing to any iteration of Requiems. It will never block more than 1.
Hourglasses and other dodges are addressed in my last post. Have 1 Karthus ult to bait out the stasis, and then the others ult 2-5 seconds later (depending on which dodge is used).

Ghyrt

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Banshee's Veil does literally nothing to any iteration of Requiems. It will never block more than 1.
Hourglasses and other dodges are addressed in my last post. Have 1 Karthus ult to bait out the stasis, and then the others ult 2-5 seconds later (depending on which dodge is used).
Good point; but why can't you get both items? Then you can block 2-3 ults and take the rest. Now you have a team of squishy champs who can do very little against tanks and carries for the next few minutes. Also, in your example, you said all the ults hit at once. If they do, dodges and hourglass will work. If not, heals will work.

LogicalTautology

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghyrt View Post
Good point; but why can't you get both items? Then you can block 2-3 ults and take the rest. Now you have a team of squishy champs who can do very little against tanks and carries for the next few minutes. Also, in your example, you said all the ults hit at once. If they do, dodges and hourglass will work. If not, heals will work.
Well, yes, but then you need a teamcomp of champs that have both global heals while also having dodge/shield abilities? Karthuses without ultimates will still outfight teams of Sorakas with Hourglasses.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

The reason this is not done is because of programming issues. No game is programmed being able to take on two (example) Requiems at the same time. In fact, I believe that if this were done that one Requiem would not go through due to it only being able to add the status to a character that is double.

Most of the code in the game disallows stacking certain things, and most things have a limit of 1, such as Requiem. Its more the serious programming challenge that makes this harder to put into place.

I agree it would be a neat feature. Don't know if they're going to put the time, effort, and money into making it happen.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

They tried this idea.

Then they released Teemo. Having multiple champions on the same team was immediately nerfed.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimie View Post
The reason this is not done is because of programming issues. No game is programmed being able to take on two (example) Requiems at the same time. In fact, I believe that if this were done that one Requiem would not go through due to it only being able to add the status to a character that is double.

Most of the code in the game disallows stacking certain things, and most things have a limit of 1, such as Requiem. Its more the serious programming challenge that makes this harder to put into place.

I agree it would be a neat feature. Don't know if they're going to put the time, effort, and money into making it happen.
This isn't really true at all actually.

lizardman king

12-14-2012

Sivir and Nocturne as well spell shield will cancel karthus ult and or Darius ult

Fight Money

12-14-2012

5 team rengar 5 team lee sin 5 team xin 5 team yorick 5 team mord 5 team cho, nty

Xon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

I don't see it causing harm in customs...