Test of your tribunal judgement

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragonsbaine

12-13-2012

Scenario: 3v3

Incident reported: 2 teammate reports of: grieving: assisting enemy team, 0 enemy.

Details:
The reported reflects a score of 0-9-1 with a cs count of 42.
Chat log shows player(s) asking that the reported play more cautiously and not feed.
The reported then makes claims of lag, followed by system saying they quit the match 3, minutes into it (obviously his team is at a huge disadvantage now).
The remaining teammates talk about planning on sur at 15.
However, at 14 minutes, the reported reconnects, and claims they weren't able to get back in.
Their team is now losing by 8, and are down 2 towers to none with a teammate that is 7-9 levels below the other team.
They try to sur, but the reported refuses, claiming they "want to play, they had problems with the net, but now it's fixed and they don't want to rejoin just to throw in the towel.
The reported then gets killed 6 more times, trying to level by csing.
During this time you see the teammates are growing more and more frustrated due to the fact, the reported has refused the surrender vote an additional 3 times (4 total), including the last one while their entire team was aced, and the enemy was making a final push on the final tower.
They stressed on several occasions for the reported to fall back or not over extend, yet were obviously ignored.

The chat log reflects the reported claiming to be a innocent victim of disconnect, yet his actions suggest that of an intentional griever.

Do you punish or pardon or skip?

Side note: since the tribunal reports do not include post game, you do not know how the reported acted. He/she might of continued to claim innocence and apologized. Then again he could of also shown obvious guilt within his comments (knowing the tribunal wouldn't see them).

Dragonsbaine

12-13-2012

ehh created voting pole, never took gg riot.

Exploding Barrel

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsbaine View Post
The chat log reflects the reported claiming to be a innocent victim of disconnect, yet his actions suggest that of an intentional griever.
I was keeping up wih you until this. How do those actions suggest an intentional griefer? Do people really grief by logging off for 10 minutes? I've never come across that. What's the point of griefing if you can't watch the infliction of grief?

Based on what you've said I wouldn't punish. And if he was dc'd for a large portion of the game, leaverbuster likely nailed him for it anyway.

ClearSkyss

12-13-2012

Who gives a sht. Go get a life please

Getsuei

12-13-2012

I don't judge on partial evidence =(

Enterti

12-13-2012

Too many unlisted variables. Besides in a case presented like this there is no right or wrong answer. Some people feel disconnects are not forgivable others do.

Great Pyrenees

12-13-2012

Who cares about 3v3? I would pardon because those games dont count =P

BluExocet

12-13-2012

With the available infomation the only thing the player is guilty of is a lapse in judgement on the surrender. The most they could be nailed for would be refusal to communicate; even then it does not seem to be out of spite. I'd issue a pardon.

Being a 3v3 match and one player missing from the majority of the game it's a miracle the inhibitors were still up. 3v3s in my experience tend to escalate to a one sided match very quickly if not careful. Then the losing team is just fodder at that point.

Realistically a surrender would have occurred earlier unless they were holding up pretty well.