New Matchmaking system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Honeypot

12-12-2012

I was curious if Riot has ever considered a role-based matchmaking system that allows you to choose which roles you are willing to play before entering matchmaking. I'm only a 1300 ELO and I main jungle so I don't run into many problems with other junglers but many people at that level are only comfortable in very specific roles. I have had many games ruined, both ranked and normal, by people throwing tantrums because they didn't get what they want or trolling the rest of us with an intentionally terrible pick (for which I do report). I know WoW uses this system for their dungeon parties and I think it might be useful here to avoid have 3 people in one game who all want to play as an solo mid laner and have a more consistent game-to-game level of team play and cooperation.

PhoenixDog

12-12-2012

Hey look everyone.. This idea again.

What's stopping me from queuing support and picking kog maw? What classifies a "top only" champ?

Zombiemaster

12-12-2012

This would stop the meta from ever changing. If people were forced to choose from certain "roles" like "solo top" or "ap mid," we would be stuck with these roles forever, and the meta would never change. I don't know about you, but I know a lot of people that don't want the meta to stay this way forever.

Honeypot

12-12-2012

I realize it would have to change with the meta. It's a double edged sword. That's why I wondered if Riot had ever considered it. And if you want to play kog'maw why wouldn't you just pick ADC from the start?

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-12-2012

Stop it. Just staaaaaahp.

All those threads talking about role-queuing.

Zombiemaster

12-12-2012

I don't think you understand what I was saying. It wouldn't have to change with the meta because a system like this would stop the meta from changing at all. The classified roles we have right now would stay forever, never changing.

Honeypot

12-12-2012

Wow did not realize this idea was this played out. Never mind my bad