Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot Knockmaw quits job as Splash Artist to go full time on his comic.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ASDFASDFASDFASDA

12-12-2012

lets just say "emma" won't be the next "Sin City"

Fwog

12-12-2012

Quote:
Coyotedash:
some people left Disney to start their own studios, expand their careers or work on other shows/studios
that doesn't mean they "toss their life away" because of leaving a safe place career wise

one important thing to understand in life is that the economic insentive is not everything you need, and that all depends on what you want in life not what you need or what others tell you you need
everything on context though sometimes you NEED that job to get a start yourself but again it depends on what the person wants to do with their life not what you think you would want to do in his situation

As if I don't understand this. I was always told that if I did what I loved, I wouldn't be able to even make enough for the necessities I needed to live. I have 2 family members who pursued artistic careers and are now struggling to make ends meet.

This is not to say all artists are this way though.

Sorry if I was misguided, I am only an 18 year old college student. I don't know if I will end up doing what I love or not. I wish I knew a way to do it and live comfortably at the same time.

NotBuzzJack

12-12-2012

Quote:
Stylistics:
Why would you leave Riot for that?

Thats like a hit and miss career, isn't it?

Because there's nothing stopping him from coming back to Riot someday.

Rpture Jarvan

12-12-2012

Quote:
Coyotedash:
some people left Disney to start their own studios, expand their careers or work on other shows/studios
that doesn't mean they "toss their life away" because of leaving a safe place career wise

one important thing to understand in life is that the economic insentive is not everything you need, and that all depends on what you want in life not what you need or what others tell you you need
everything on context though sometimes you NEED that job to get a start yourself but again it depends on what the person wants to do with their life not what you think you would want to do in his situation

Doing what you love is great and all... But you NEED money. He gave up a stable job @ riot to pursue his dream. While I give him credit, it is insane to just jump ship especially with something like comics(besides oldschool marvel, dc, etc. That rake in money) its really risky. And this world revolves around money now, doing your dream job making say 3$/h won't simply keep you in that nice house with your car in the driveway.

Its a big risk.. Best of luck to him, but I mean he did splash arts, if that's all he did... Seems like he would have spare time to do his comics and be in both jobs at once...

TurtleWithGuns

12-12-2012

Quote:
Reimstopper:
Doing what you love is great and all... But you NEED money. He gave up a stable job @ riot to pursue his dream. While I give him credit, it is insane to just jump ship especially with something like comics(besides oldschool marvel, dc, etc. That rake in money) its really risky. And this world revolves around money now, doing your dream job making say 3$/h won't simply keep you in that nice house with your car in the driveway.

Its a big risk.. Best of luck to him, but I mean he did splash arts, if that's all he did... Seems like he would have spare time to do his comics and be in both jobs at once...

He has saved up ~ 4 months of living if you are wondering. I also hope you understand how long it take to do splashes along with promotional pieces ect. It's not an overnight thing. He said if he stayed at Riot he barely had any time to work on it.

TurtleWithGuns

12-12-2012

Dream bump.

HighSee

12-12-2012

Awesome stuff.

TurtleWithGuns

12-12-2012

bump

TurtleWithGuns

12-12-2012

bump because he is streaming now! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/knkldaily

FireZ42

12-12-2012

Read the comic, very nice. I shall support with a bump