Riot Knockmaw quits job as Splash Artist to go full time on his comic.

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atlas04

12-12-2012

Bump for support.

Enjoying his work so far.

NickWRX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

AH, now i know why Riot's arts have changed in the past couple months.

Crowcaine

12-12-2012

He didn't "Give" us anything. All he did was his job, which was to do splash art.

ZevyJ

12-12-2012

Bump, followed Kienan's comic from the start and even watched some of his tut videos on youtube.

Kien if you're reading this, I want you to know that I'm getting a drawing tablet for christmas because of you! <3

Shapeshifter

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeChestnut View Post
Besides for Ahri and Graves he seemed to have bad luck on the champions he made art for.
Not really. Look at his Deviantart.

Fwog

12-12-2012

Why would you leave Riot for that?

Thats like a hit and miss career, isn't it?

Bullettime7

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylistics View Post
Why would you leave Riot for that? Lol.

Thats like a hit and miss career.
If it's what he wants to do, then can't blame him at all. As long as he left on good terms and didn't burn bridges, he'll have options if it doesn't work out.

ZevyJ

12-12-2012

Quote:
Why would you leave Riot for that? Lol.

Thats like a hit and miss career.

Maybe because he has dreams?

Fwog

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullettime7 View Post
If it's what he wants to do, then can't blame him at all. As long as he left on good terms and didn't burn bridges, he'll have options if it doesn't work out.

Trust me, I'm all for doing what you love. I am a fan of foreign languages, art, video games, and I make and promote my own music. I do all of this while I'm going to school for Pharmacy which I'm not even much interested in at all.

I am just kind of baffled that someone would leave a job that is arguably more stable than illustrating/writing comics. I wasn't badmouthing him. If he can make ends meet with his comic, and live happily, then more power to him!

Coyotedash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Quote:
Trust me, I'm all for doing what you love. I am a fan of foreign languages, art, video games, and I make and promote my own music. I do all of this while I'm going to school for Pharmacy which I'm not even much interested in at all.

I am just kind of baffled that someone would leave a job that is arguably more stable than illustrating/writing comics. I wasn't badmouthing him. If he can make ends meet with his comic, and live happily, then more power to him!
some people left Disney to start their own studios, expand their careers or work on other shows/studios
that doesn't mean they "toss their life away" because of leaving a safe place career wise

one important thing to understand in life is that the economic insentive is not everything you need, and that all depends on what you want in life not what you need or what others tell you you need
everything on context though sometimes you NEED that job to get a start yourself but again it depends on what the person wants to do with their life not what you think you would want to do in his situation

12345612 ... 13