Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Constructive Criticism towards ban

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DerkStrongbeef

12-12-2012

Quote:
LargeSnorlax:
My suggestion (that I find works very well) is tell the person who's raging "Shut it and concentrate on the game" - After that, ignore them, and play to your very best.

If anyone gets involved with the rage, just tell them to ignore the rager and keep playing. The best way to shut someone up is to win the game. After that, you report them if they need a report in post game, and click "play again".

I suppose, ill keep everything in mind. Really looking to improve my attitude and patience with people, i dont enjoy bans and dont enjoy when teams argue. Thanks for all the advice!

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-12-2012

Well look, no one is asking you to not get mad at your teammates. That's impossible. All we're asking for is that you don't act on that rage in chat. You're just adding fuel to the fire when you do that.

Find some other venue to vent. Gripe to someone sitting in the room with you. Make a post in GD (no naming and shaming though). Complain to other online friends. Complain to LoL friends after the match. Doesn't really matter, just find some other outlet for the frustration.

DerkStrongbeef

12-12-2012

Quote:
PogoPogoPogoPogo:
Well look, no one is asking you to not get mad at your teammates. That's impossible. All we're asking for is that you don't act on that rage in chat. You're just adding fuel to the fire when you do that.

Find some other venue to vent. Gripe to someone sitting in the room with you. Make a post in GD (no naming and shaming though). Complain to other online friends. Complain to LoL friends after the match. Doesn't really matter, just find some other outlet for the frustration.

I guess that could work as well, never thought about that but i guess that could help!

LargeSnorlax

12-12-2012

Why is every post by QuadraPogo so brilliant that I want to upvote it?

This works really well actually Derk - whenever I'm playing I'm on skype with friends, even if I'm solo queuing by myself. I tend to talk about the game and yap about it via skype, saves me keystrokes and makes me play a much better game. The more you concentrate on typing, the more your team and your own play is going to suck.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-12-2012

Quote:
DerkStroganoff:
I guess that could work as well, never thought about that but i guess that could help!

Yea, trust me. I get mad at teammates too. At first, I may try to interact with them. If someone is feeding (unintentionally), I'll ask what can be done to help them out. I try to be constructive.

But if they're being harassing or just don't want to cooperate, I just kind of shut them out. I assume the match will probably be a loss, say "oh well" to myself, try my hardest, and when it's done, I take a break and vent to someone.

DerkStrongbeef

12-12-2012

Quote:
PogoPogoPogoPogo:
Yea, trust me. I get mad at teammates too. At first, I may try to interact with them. If someone is feeding (unintentionally), I'll ask what can be done to help them out. I try to be constructive.

But if they're being harassing or just don't want to cooperate, I just kind of shut them out. I assume the match will probably be a loss, say "oh well" to myself, try my hardest, and when it's done, I take a break and vent to someone.

Thanks for the advice! Will definitely take it into account!

DerkStrongbeef

12-12-2012

Thanks everyone for the help, im really trying to stay calm and collected with people who rage and are intentionally mean. I dont want to lose my account anymore so the better i can act the easier and potentially pardoned ill get! Thanks again

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-12-2012

More threads should go like this thread has gone. What I've said here isn't any different then what I've said in any other thread where a player is trying to understand how to avoid being banned in the future.

Derk is being reasonable, and I feel he'll successfully reform and never see the Tribunal again.

Others tend not to be reasonable, and typically end up right back in the Tribunal.

DerkStrongbeef

12-12-2012

Ive been there before, and honestly i do have temper problems, i take this game very seriously and tend to sometimes overreact. People get mad and i get mad right with them, i want to keep playing and enjoying it but i get so frustrated sometiems with people thats it hard to even enjoy it. So im trying to remove all of these factors so that i can just enjoy the game, i really do want to improve my behavior and overall never have to worry about the tribunal. It sucks being banned for a week for silly mistakes, specially for something that i love to do. Even though i still have my doubts and thoughts about my current ban, it wont change. So moving on is the best thing to do i suppose

DerkStrongbeef

12-13-2012

I think after reading over everyones comments i was definitely in the wrong for games 2 and 3. I am still unsure if the 2 games that were wrong among the hundreds i play each week is worth of a week suspension, but i cannot change that. I will try to improve my behavior and patience with players as to avoid the tribunal. I still have my doubts about the tribunal, but there always will be on a system like that. I would like to see the % of my games reported in, but only RIOT can give out those numbers. Thank you everyone for your advice and thoughts on the manner. Overall i hope i dont have to talk about the tribunal again and receive bans! I think ill also start trying to help others like you have helped me, thank you again for the support!