Constructive Criticism towards ban

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DerkStrongbeef

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getsuei View Post
Here is a copy and paste:

4. You do not judge based on weighing all the good games shown in a case versus the bad games shown in a case. You judge based on whether you find any instance of violating the Summoner's Code in any of the games shown in a case. If our judgment were based on both good games and bad games weighed against each other, then it could be easily abused by violators setting up premades or custom games and having their friends on these games "wrongfully report" them to build up a fake "good reputation".

And for the no way to stop it, you do not respond to it. Once it starts to become toxic, only talk about in-game stuff such as MIA, etc. This is why:

7. Myth: You can't get punished for being provoked into raging by another player. - Fact: You are expected to control yourself on the keyboard, especially since it is a keyboard and not your mouth. You will get punished if you rage in chat. If you respond by cutting off communication with your entire team altogether, that may actually work against you as that can be considered another form of raging.

But how are you supposed to stop an entire team from raging and yelling. Say you die multiple times early and they begin to rage, no amount of sorry will help, so you ignore them. That is the only logical thing to do because without it, it is just a provoke for you and an unnecessary distraction.

LargeSnorlax

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkStroganoff View Post
But how are you supposed to stop an entire team from raging and yelling. Say you die multiple times early and they begin to rage, no amount of sorry will help, so you ignore them. That is the only logical thing to do because without it, it is just a provoke for you and an unnecessary distraction.
You don't.. you can't stop a team from yelling and raging, and you can't stop someone from feeding. If someone wants to do something, they're going to do it, and no amount of you calling them bad, a feeder, or saying in /all to report them is going to make them play better, stop feeding or stop raging.

Honestly, the easiest avenue is /ignore. Press that little button next to their portrait, and concentrate on the game. If you say you're ignoring someone and that game shows up with you in the tribunal case, you will get pardoned - 100%, as long as you ACTUALLY ignore them and don't continue insulting/taunting/saying to report.

DerkStrongbeef

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeSnorlax View Post
You don't.. you can't stop a team from yelling and raging, and you can't stop someone from feeding. If someone wants to do something, they're going to do it, and no amount of you calling them bad, a feeder, or saying in /all to report them is going to make them play better, stop feeding or stop raging.

Honestly, the easiest avenue is /ignore. Press that little button next to their portrait, and concentrate on the game. If you say you're ignoring someone and that game shows up with you in the tribunal case, you will get pardoned - 100%, as long as you ACTUALLY ignore them and don't continue insulting/taunting/saying to report.

However skeptical i am of it i will take it into account, like i said im really just looking for ways to avoid this, i enjoy the game and would like to play and not worry about reports. This reporting thing is only as of recently and am trying to avoid it overall. I still am a bit skeptical of the /ignore thing working, even as a pardon on the tribunal ( i have lost most faith in it ), but we will see!

LargeSnorlax

12-12-2012

Quote:
However skeptical i am of it i will take it into account, like i said im really just looking for ways to avoid this, i enjoy the game and would like to play and not worry about reports. This reporting thing is only as of recently and am trying to avoid it overall. I still am a bit skeptical of the /ignore thing working, even as a pardon on the tribunal ( i have lost most faith in it ), but we will see!
Well, here, let's look at it in a different way.

How likely would I have been, if I saw your case and in #2 and #3 you had simply ignored your teammates that were frustrating you and didn't bicker the entire game to pardon you? Honestly, pretty high. I almost certainly would've pardoned you if when you got angry you just said "Ignoring you, concentrate on the game".

Opposed to say, how likely I would've been to punish after reading those 2 games? Pretty likely - You deserved it for those games, even if you didn't really for the others.

So, take it like that - People see 3 cases that don't deserve it, add it with another 2 where you don't deserve it? No one would punish that - Myself included.

DerkStrongbeef

12-12-2012

Quote:
Well, here, let's look at it in a different way.

How likely would I have been, if I saw your case and in #2 and #3 you had simply ignored your teammates that were frustrating you and didn't bicker the entire game to pardon you? Honestly, pretty high. I almost certainly would've pardoned you if when you got angry you just said "Ignoring you, concentrate on the game".

Opposed to say, how likely I would've been to punish after reading those 2 games? Pretty likely - You deserved it for those games, even if you didn't really for the others.

So, take it like that - People see 3 cases that don't deserve it, add it with another 2 where you don't deserve it? No one would punish that - Myself included.

But then this brings into the massive disadvantage we have due to the entire lack of communication. I can gladly ignore someone but say i start missing "MIA" calls, or my team asks me for help and i cant read it, then theyll report me for not helping. I guess ignoring is the best way to go but even still i think youre at an even bigger disadvantage. I would hope the tribunal would pardon someone after 5 completely useless reports, but i still have my doubts. I am banned for another week regardless but still i just want to avoid reports overall.

LargeSnorlax

12-12-2012

Quote:
But then this brings into the massive disadvantage we have due to the entire lack of communication. I can gladly ignore someone but say i start missing "MIA" calls, or my team asks me for help and i cant read it, then theyll report me for not helping. I guess ignoring is the best way to go but even still i think youre at an even bigger disadvantage. I would hope the tribunal would pardon someone after 5 completely useless reports, but i still have my doubts. I am banned for another week regardless but still i just want to avoid reports overall.
You know, I hate not communicating in a team game a lot too, but not communicating to ragers and not talking to people who are intentionally trolling only helps your gameplay. There's no way your pings or MIAs would help the gameplay or overall team makeup of people like that, so you're better not even doing it for them.

DerkStrongbeef

12-12-2012

Quote:
You know, I hate not communicating in a team game a lot too, but not communicating to ragers and not talking to people who are intentionally trolling only helps your gameplay. There's no way your pings or MIAs would help the gameplay or overall team makeup of people like that, so you're better not even doing it for them.

I suppose, thank you for the help, truly i really appreciate it.

LargeSnorlax

12-12-2012

No problem man. I mean, I understand you being skeptical, but you're already 5x more likely to actually improve and never see another ban simply because you're coming on here and asking for advice. Most people don't do that, and they just go "RAGGHHH THIS WASN'T DESERVED F RIOT IM GONNA TROLL ARRAHGHHH" .

Honestly, I play in ranked games all the time, real cesspools. Same with lots of lol players - I've gotten a few bad reports, everyone has at some point in their LoL life. Thing is, just don't get involved in the stupid bickering back and forth. It's not worth it. The ultimate goal of LoL is to win the game, focus on that instead of idiots yelling at eachother.

DerkStrongbeef

12-12-2012

Quote:
No problem man. I mean, I understand you being skeptical, but you're already 5x more likely to actually improve and never see another ban simply because you're coming on here and asking for advice. Most people don't do that, and they just go "RAGGHHH THIS WASN'T DESERVED F RIOT IM GONNA TROLL ARRAHGHHH" .

Honestly, I play in ranked games all the time, real cesspools. Same with lots of lol players - I've gotten a few bad reports, everyone has at some point in their LoL life. Thing is, just don't get involved in the stupid bickering back and forth. It's not worth it. The ultimate goal of LoL is to win the game, focus on that instead of idiots yelling at eachother.

Problem is, once the idiots start yelling at each other, the chance you win seems to drop exponentially, even if you dont get involved. I try to be as friendly and helpful as possible, but theres nothing more frustrating than a guy who trolls, or blames everyone else for his mistakes, or just frankly is rude. I do enjoy winning, but once the rage starts it allll goes downhill. I want advice because i dont wanna keep getting reported, my ban times will only be longer and id really like to avoid this altogether so i dont even need to think about it. I take LoL seriously and i really look to improve my ELO and get higher ranked, but people troll / leave / rage so often you get stuck, and it is very frustrating.

LargeSnorlax

12-12-2012

Quote:
Problem is, once the idiots start yelling at each other, the chance you win seems to drop exponentially, even if you dont get involved. I try to be as friendly and helpful as possible, but theres nothing more frustrating than a guy who trolls, or blames everyone else for his mistakes, or just frankly is rude. I do enjoy winning, but once the rage starts it allll goes downhill. I want advice because i dont wanna keep getting reported, my ban times will only be longer and id really like to avoid this altogether so i dont even need to think about it. I take LoL seriously and i really look to improve my ELO and get higher ranked, but people troll / leave / rage so often you get stuck, and it is very frustrating.

My suggestion (that I find works very well) is tell the person who's raging "Shut it and concentrate on the game" - After that, ignore them, and play to your very best.

If anyone gets involved with the rage, just tell them to ignore the rager and keep playing. The best way to shut someone up is to win the game. After that, you report them if they need a report in post game, and click "play again".