Constructive Criticism towards ban

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

12-12-2012

Nah man you dont have to do that. You know what I do? I try to be funny during champ select. This seems to make people far less likely to rage at me during a game. I usually say things like "Hello darkness my old friend" you know old guys stuff. It is just part of life we all have to learn how to deal with people who get under our skin. You will get better trust me =)

DerkStrongbeef

12-12-2012

I really am looking for helpful ways to help myself not be reported, I enjoy League of Legends greatly and have put forth massive effort to improve my play and attitude. I just wish other people would do the same.

LargeSnorlax

12-12-2012

Hey Derk, let me take a look.

#1- Nothing here. Offensive irelia is offensive - Shouldn't have been included.

#2 - You rag on your rengar a lot. (Rengar sucks in the jungle early, by the by, a strong help with the first buff's recommended) Report rengar, yadda yadda. You and karthus are a bit irritating in how you're yakking about rengar and saying "I'm done", "Report rengar", etc etc. Yeah, you get really irritating towards the end, spamming chat and blaming your teammates for everything. "Typical bronze play", whining about elo and other such nonsense.

#3 - You and leona screw up something and you call her a ****ing moron. Then, you start harassing her and say "gg i'm done, ignoring everyone". Then, you start saying to report Leona (I'm noticing a trend here) saying she's been "trolling all game". So on and so forth. I think this accurately describes your 3rd game:

Leona [00:13:21] think twice about reporting me
Leona [00:13:26] you're the one that cussed me out
Leona [00:13:30] for absolutely no reason
Leona [00:13:51] people that read the tribunal
Leona [00:13:52] and see
Leona [00:13:56] "you ****ing moron:
Leona [00:14:00] don't pardon you ;p

There's more badness in this one, but I'll just move on to the next.

#4 - Nothing much - Did bad and lost. If games #2 and #3 were like this, you'd be pardoned.

#5 - A bit of bickering, saying to report Lee Sin etc. Nothing special here, a bit negative, but doubt anyone would punish for it.

Honestly, aside from game 2 and 3, it's not a bad card. However, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would punish (me included) for those 2 games because in all honesty, they were pretty bad. If you just played the game instead of constantly calling your teammates trolls, bads, raging about elo and just raging to report your teammates in general, this would've never been a tribunal case.

Don't get involved in yelling back and forth - LoL is a fun game, not an IRC chat filled with people you hate. Have fun with the game, don't forget that it *is* a game. If someone is being a jerk, or if you think someone is trolling, ignore them (for real, not just saying "you're ignored" and raging at them the rest of the game") and report if necessary. That's it.

DerkStrongbeef

12-12-2012

MOST of the time, everything is fine until someone dies or makes a mistake and it spirals out of control. I really am trying to get better and improve. But EVERY method i have tried has not improved anything and has lead me to get reported even still. I really am just at a loss of what to do anymore. Because from my case i can admit game 2 was wrong of me. But game 1/3/5 were fine, and maybe in 4 i said a swear word to many. I just dont know what else i can do

Prandine

12-12-2012

Game1: Aside from some cursing, this was a pretty decent/calm game, though the little extra comments near the end there were not needed. As for the vayne reporting you, sadly some people like to try to use reporting as a way to harass other players (this is true in all games, not just this game or wizard101). Pardon.

Game2: You got mad at rengar and decided to curse him out. Riot punishes people who intentionally curse out and berate their team members, which is exactly what you and karthus did to rengar and some of your other teammates. Getting upset is one thing, but constantly raging and cursing your teammates out is another thing and is unacceptable. Punish

Game3: Pretty much a similar story to game 2 in that you decide to curse leona out and continue to berate her throughout the game. According to leona you apparently tried to harass while low on both health and mana, which isn't the wisest thing to do, but instead of admitting your mistake, you instead decide to blame it all on leona. Elo means nothing when it comes to how players act (it's just a number after all). You also rage at elise a bit near the end as well. Punish.

Game4: One of your better games in the case to be sure. You do seem to provide a little bit of cnc and try to provide some tips/strategies to some of your teammates, but also were raging at janna quite a bit near the end. I'm on the fence about this one, so probably neutral or pardon, maybe punish as well, but I digress.

Game5: Again, similar to game 4 in that it could've been worse. The major offense I see here is where you and your teammates complain about lee sin apparenty feeding. While I do agree that he could've handled that situation better, there's always the chance that he was possibly just having a bad game is all (it happens to all of us after all, so there's that). Once again, I'm pretty much neutral on this game, though a part of me is leaning a bit towards punish.

Overall: You were punished for your behavior in games 2 and 3. In all of your games though you show that whenever someone does something wrong, you tend to be on their case for the rest of the game and sometimes even continue to curse them out without thinking about what will happen. Just because other players try to egg you on or you happen to be higer ranked than them, that doesn't mean that you can be rude and disrespectful to them.

My advice would be to not rage at someone all game for making a simple mistake. If they do make a mistake, then camly explain to them how they can work to better it so they'll have less of a chance to make that same mistake again. I would also highly reccomend you stop cursing at your fellow teammates, as believe it or not allot of us (including me for instance) don't like to or want to play a game with a player who's just gonna yell, curse and rage at people all game and refuse to listen to reason. My overall verdict on this case, punish.

I appreciate the fact that you say you want to improve your behavior, so I would highly advise to look over that case, this post and maybe some other more constructive posts should they arise so you won't risk getting punished by the tribunal again. I hope this helped you out some and as always thank you for your time.

DerkStrongbeef

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeSnorlax View Post
Hey Derk, let me take a look.

#1- Nothing here. Offensive irelia is offensive - Shouldn't have been included.

#2 - You rag on your rengar a lot. (Rengar sucks in the jungle early, by the by, a strong help with the first buff's recommended) Report rengar, yadda yadda. You and karthus are a bit irritating in how you're yakking about rengar and saying "I'm done", "Report rengar", etc etc. Yeah, you get really irritating towards the end, spamming chat and blaming your teammates for everything. "Typical bronze play", whining about elo and other such nonsense.

#3 - You and leona screw up something and you call her a ****ing moron. Then, you start harassing her and say "gg i'm done, ignoring everyone". Then, you start saying to report Leona (I'm noticing a trend here) saying she's been "trolling all game". So on and so forth. I think this accurately describes your 3rd game:

Leona [00:13:21] think twice about reporting me
Leona [00:13:26] you're the one that cussed me out
Leona [00:13:30] for absolutely no reason
Leona [00:13:51] people that read the tribunal
Leona [00:13:52] and see
Leona [00:13:56] "you ****ing moron:
Leona [00:14:00] don't pardon you ;p

There's more badness in this one, but I'll just move on to the next.

#4 - Nothing much - Did bad and lost. If games #2 and #3 were like this, you'd be pardoned.

#5 - A bit of bickering, saying to report Lee Sin etc. Nothing special here, a bit negative, but doubt anyone would punish for it.

Honestly, aside from game 2 and 3, it's not a bad card. However, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would punish (me included) for those 2 games because in all honesty, they were pretty bad. If you just played the game instead of constantly calling your teammates trolls, bads, raging about elo and just raging to report your teammates in general, this would've never been a tribunal case.

Don't get involved in yelling back and forth - LoL is a fun game, not an IRC chat filled with people you hate. Have fun with the game, don't forget that it *is* a game. If someone is being a jerk, or if you think someone is trolling, ignore them (for real, not just saying "you're ignored" and raging at them the rest of the game") and report if necessary. That's it.

Yes game 2 was bad, and like i said the moron thing in game 3 was wrong of me. But other than that these other games would be totally fine. If the tribunal case had just those 2 games instead of the 5, i feel like i would be much better off, instead of seeing multiple cases which people may or may not read, it just shows the 2 bad ones. But there is also the possibly that the better games would improve my reputation, still i disagree with this ban, i have been banned once before and i completely agree with it. I am just honest to god not seeing the badness in this case, other than case 2 and partially case 3. Game 2 was reportable, but the rest i feel are just completely ridiculous and add to me getting banned without total cause. I really really am trying to improve this, but being heckled for mistakes and people raging, once it starts there is absolutely no way to stop it, if they think you suck, you get reported and banned. It is just ridiculous.

DerkStrongbeef

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prandine View Post
Game1: Aside from some cursing, the little extra comments near the end there were not needed. As for the vayne reporting you, sadly some people like to try to use reporting as a way to harass other players (this is true in all games, not just this game or wizard101). Pardon.

Game2: You got mad at rengar and decided to curse him out. Riot punishes people who intentionally curse out and berate their team members, which is exactly what you did to rengar and some of your other taemmates. Getting upset is one thing, but constantly raging and cursing your teammates out is another thing and is unacceptable. Punish.

Game3: Pretty much a similar story to game 2 in that you decide to curse leona out and continue to berate her throughout the game. According to leona you apparently tried to harass while low on both health and mana, which isn't the wisest thing to do, but instead of admitting your mistake, you instead decide to blame it all on leona. Elo means nothing when it comes to how players act (it's just a number after all). You also rage at elise a bit near the end as well. Punish.

Game4: One of your better games in the case to be sure. You do seem to provide a little bit of cnc and try to provide some tips/strategies to some of your teammates, but also were raging at janna quite a bit near the end. I'm on the fence about this one, so probably neutral or pardon, maybe punish as well, but I digress.

Game5: Again, similar to game 4 in that it could've been worse. The major offense I see here is where you and your teammates complain about lee sin apparenty feeding. While I do agree that he could've handled that situation better, there's always the chance that he was possibly just having a bad game is all (it happens to all of us after all, so there's that). Once again, I'm pretty much neutral on this game, though a part of me is leaning a bit towards punish.

Overall: You were punished for your behavior in games 2 and 3. In all of your games though you show that whenever someone does something wrong, you tend to be on their case for the rest of the game and sometimes even continue to curse them out without thinking about what will happen. Just because other players try to egg you on or you happen to be higer ranked than them, that doesn't mean that you can be rude and disrespectful to them.

My advice would be to not rage at someone all game for making a simple mistake. If they do make a mistake, then camly explain to them how they can work to better it so they'll have less of a chance to make that same mistake again. I would also highly reccomend you stop cursing at your fellow teammates, as believe it or not allot of us (including me for instance) don't like to or want to play a game with a player who's just gonna yell, curse and rage at people all game and refuse to listen to reason. My overall verdict on this case, punish.

I appreciate the fact that you say you want to improve your behavior, so I would highly advise to look over that case, this post and maybe some other more constructive posts should they arise so you won't risk getting punished by the tribunal again. I hope this helped you out some and as always thank you for your time.

Thank you for your advice, I would admit my main problem is being on someones case. Everyone has bad games, me included, my match history currently is less than pretty. But i absolutely hate when people lose or make a mistake, and immediately yell at the team or make it seem like it was our fault. However i do not see how me and my team wanting to report someone for feeding who also had an incredibly negative attitude and was not concerned about helping at all is in the wrong (game 5). Also in game 4 i really do not see the anger towards Janna when it was more so the rest of the team arguing and raging. Like i said i really do want to improve, i am just running out of options and feel immensely hopeless as to how to avoid the trolls and ragers.

LargeSnorlax

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkStroganoff View Post
Yes game 2 was bad, and like i said the moron thing in game 3 was wrong of me. But other than that these other games would be totally fine. If the tribunal case had just those 2 games instead of the 5, i feel like i would be much better off, instead of seeing multiple cases which people may or may not read, it just shows the 2 bad ones. But there is also the possibly that the better games would improve my reputation, still i disagree with this ban, i have been banned once before and i completely agree with it. I am just honest to god not seeing the badness in this case, other than case 2 and partially case 3. Game 2 was reportable, but the rest i feel are just completely ridiculous and add to me getting banned without total cause. I really really am trying to improve this, but being heckled for mistakes and people raging, once it starts there is absolutely no way to stop it, if they think you suck, you get reported and banned. It is just ridiculous.
Any chance we could see your last report card?

This one was only a majority punish, which means it was actually a close vote. I'm willing to bet your card before was a strong punish or an overwhelming punish (more people vote to punish) instead of a majority since you agreed with it.

I think you can agree with me - Games 2 and 3 were pretty rough. In 3, you're asking for reports on your support by 8 minutes and spending the rest of the game raging at your teammates while you play.

If people "heckle for mistakes", just ignore them. You won't win more games of LoL by yelling at your teammates, you will by concentrating on the game though. I get the same ragers and trolls you get in your games, and I have to deal with them the same way. If they're irritating you, just tell them you're ignoring them and continue on with the game. You'll never see them again after the game and don't have to deal with them ever again.

Getsuei

12-12-2012

Here is a copy and paste:

4. You do not judge based on weighing all the good games shown in a case versus the bad games shown in a case. You judge based on whether you find any instance of violating the Summoner's Code in any of the games shown in a case. If our judgment were based on both good games and bad games weighed against each other, then it could be easily abused by violators setting up premades or custom games and having their friends on these games "wrongfully report" them to build up a fake "good reputation".

And for the no way to stop it, you do not respond to it. Once it starts to become toxic, only talk about in-game stuff such as MIA, etc. This is why:

7. Myth: You can't get punished for being provoked into raging by another player. - Fact: You are expected to control yourself on the keyboard, especially since it is a keyboard and not your mouth. You will get punished if you rage in chat. If you respond by cutting off communication with your entire team altogether, that may actually work against you as that can be considered another form of raging.

DerkStrongbeef

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeSnorlax View Post
Any chance we could see your last report card?

This one was only a majority punish, which means it was actually a close vote. I'm willing to bet your card before was a strong punish or an overwhelming punish (more people vote to punish) instead of a majority since you agreed with it.

I think you can agree with me - Games 2 and 3 were pretty rough. In 3, you're asking for reports on your support by 8 minutes and spending the rest of the game raging at your teammates while you play.

If people "heckle for mistakes", just ignore them. You won't win more games of LoL by yelling at your teammates, you will by concentrating on the game though. I get the same ragers and trolls you get in your games, and I have to deal with them the same way. If they're irritating you, just tell them you're ignoring them and continue on with the game. You'll never see them again after the game and don't have to deal with them ever again.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5981345/

That was my most recent card and it was only a majority. However i do agree with the ban itself, i was having a rough week and absolutely took my anger out on the people on my team. There is no question in the overall scheme that was a worthy ban, even still it being a majority.