The Black Cleaver Isn't Over-Powered, Counter Playing is

I agree 12 22.64%
I disagree 41 77.36%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Stop Saying Black Cleaver is Over-Powered Learn to Counter Play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KING CAVIL

12-12-2012

Now don't get me wrong, alot of people are upset about this new cleaver build.

But I mean its really not that good of an idea to sit there and build 4 of them -_-.

Riot did not intend for this and its a good reason they didn't, go ahead, stack cleavers but realise how little health and resistance you have when you do it.

Better hope the enemy team is low on CC otherwise your gettin 2 shotted yourself my friend and tbh if you build hp and do some variety with the black cleaver it could be really good.

But stop, stop, complaining about it people who stack em are the easiest people to take down and the reason being they have very little hp, little to none sustain(spellvamp, lifesteal,armor, M.R.)

Yes it seems like when you look at it 200 is alot and ad casters rely on their abilities anyways for damage, building nothing but cleavers is only ultimately losing you the game if anyone in that game gets really beefy because that stacker will be either insta killed or forced to retreat extremely fast.

EDIT: Building health and sustain really does counter this build I really dont know why everyone thinks its to good of an item, yes I get it it's got advantage on other items but there's still combinations you can make that beat it and then theres a combo that'll be that combo, I personally think that Riot put a counter to counter all counters in this game, you just gotta find them. (P.S. Cleaver is getting nerfed to 25% and has a unique passive I think not sure though, and the teemo and Liandry's Torment drains anyone with this cleaver build so fast) Also for all you hating on me thinking that I think that Black Cleaver is 100% balanced look at my first thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2892264 but I mean I agree with Peligrad about hp stacking, there are many items that counter it (personally I think bulwark is a good counter to Liandry) The Black Cleaver is annoying with the stacking but you just gotta outplay and counterplay, and its already getting nerfed so no need to really complain about it anymore the community did its job and expressed itself how it felt now we can let that item go and search on to find any other inbalances.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Y'know, you're the kind of person who gives me any amount of faith in humanity.

You originally posted (or posted in) a thread saying Cleaver was OP, and then promptly took and used tips that other players gave. You learned to play. Instead of treating advice as insults, you learned to play.

KING CAVIL

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
Y'know, you're the kind of person who gives me any amount of faith in humanity.

You originally posted (or posted in) a thread saying Cleaver was OP, and then promptly took and used tips that other players gave. You learned to play. Instead of treating advice as insults, you learned to play.
Im always up for some contructive criticism but yh all I can do is take some advice and see if it works, if it works im ofc going to spread it, but lag is another thing I cant fix for myself atm lol so takin a break from league til I can fix my internet

Beaumains

12-12-2012

Seriously, Riot already built in the counter to a 4-Cleaver stack: Warmogs, get one, use it, love it. So much cheaper, and even one hard-counters 4 cleavers. If you're really worried, get 2, or even 3. If you built 5 you might still spend less gold than the guy who built 4 cleavers, and he won't be able to kill you because you (literally) have 7000 hp.

I sincerely hope Riot doesn't actually nerf the secondary stats (the CDR, pen, & shred) on Cleaver, because then it would be useless. I can understand a nerf to the damage with the current recipe, since a +25 AD increase is the largest among the items right now, but I'd rather see them swap out (or add) a Pickaxe to the recipe to justify the stat.

The only other thing they might do, is make the secondary stats unique, and that just to keep consistency through the inventory.

Thubgar

12-12-2012

it's an auto-pick item. ergo, there's something wrong with it.

it also doesnt just improve the buyer, it's making everyone they hit 30% more vulnerable to 1/2 the team, including the carry.

Vongeo

12-12-2012

Also, If you are a champion with an armor buff, and they have 80% pen, you are pretty much down a move.

On the notion of hope for humanity, I know not why hope is sprung from such silly thing, or why you are so faithless in humanities hope as it is, but I see such words as Hypocrisy. Bawwing then complaining about the baws of others. I'm not saying he can't learn or have a change in heart, but it isn't his High horse to look down upon us from.

3221slyfoxhomie

12-12-2012

sorry just gotta disagree i used it once holy **** that thing is nuts

Nea De Penserhir

12-12-2012

It's not about the item being overpowered. It's about the item offering everything you want in one package if you're:

AD Based
Ability Based
Have natural defense steroids.
No unique properties.

Arcane Azmadi

12-12-2012

There IS no counterplay to Black Cleaver. Buy a Warmogs? Wow, that'll really help you when the enemy is doing true damage to you with every autoattack.

The item IS overpowered. Attempting to argue it isn't it like arguing release Xin Zhao or Vayne weren't overpowered: simply wrong.

a Fatality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Regardless if you can counter bad players, Black Cleaver is still overpowered and needs to be nerfed. There is not a single AP based item that gives percentage and flat penetration, CDR, Health, and Damage. This item has completely unbalanced the game and removed an entire group of champions from playability.