Idea for Jungle Items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axzarious

12-09-2012

I remember Riot saying that they wanted to make the jungle a more versetile option, but mutual consensus seems to be that Riot failed on this part, and that in some cases it is worse.

While I will agree that said ganks early game are far less impactful, which is good, there is less gold and experience available for the junglers with most of it now inside the Ancient Golem and Lizard Elder - things you are also expected to relinquish to your team in addition to them randomly helping themselves to your jungle.

One Idea I have had involves buffing the jungle monsters again, but also applying a property to the machete that reduces damage recieved from monsters - perhaps discouraging lanes from stealing said creatures until far later.

The other? Well, I have noticed that while Blessing of the Lizard Elder, Ancient Golem, and Spectral Wriaths are great, the Ancient Golem seems to be the best fit for almost any champion with the other two offering some tempting options, but also leaving the feeling that there are better things that can be done with such a slot.

Then I looked at the boots and saw the enchantments and had an idea - What if the spirit stones instead started with an option of either AP, AD, or HP like they do now - but the secondary effects are attached VIA enchantments! Want tenacity on your AP? You got it! Want some spellvamp and CDR with your AD with a burn? Boom!

Another idea on top of that- a variant of Wriggles lanturn that instead had a chance to deal bonus damage upon spell casting instead of auto attacks.

Though I think the chief concern here is that if these were implimented, the spirit stones might become a very tempting option for laners.

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2012

I agree that the jungle itemization actually feels more limited now, but I do differ in why a bit. I actually think that Spirit of the Lizard Elder is one of the best items in the game right now and almost the exclusive choice for junglers, with exceptions for straight AP junglers, of course.

Totally agree they need more trees on items, though. As of now, junglers are basically required to start with Machete, which in turn means that essentially EVERY jungler is going to then build Wriggle's or one of the Spirits, with the Spirits being MUCH more attractive items for the cost than almost anything else in the game.

Axzarious

12-13-2012

bumper.

AlenKT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

They should add a sixth camp. Period.

Although I agree with some of your ideas

67chrome

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axzarious View Post
Another idea on top of that- a variant of Wriggles lanturn that instead had a chance to deal bonus damage upon spell casting instead of auto attacks.

Though I think the chief concern here is that if these were implimented, the spirit stones might become a very tempting option for laners.
Wriggle's is a bit depressing to purchase now, I would like to see an upgrade option for it. I imagine the primary reason it doesn't have one is that both life steal and armor on physical damage dealers can get extremely desirable incredibly fast. Wriggle's wasn't a bad buy by any stretch on most lanners in Season 2, I imagine the spirit stones won't be in season 3.

As for a chance on spell casts - that's generally a bad idea. Abilities have an incredible range of cooldown times, so applying something like Wriggle's passive on ability casts would mean Skarner and Evelynn would see their clear times become unusually impressive - while champions with longer cooldowns on anything capable of procing it (Such as Master Yi and Gangplank) would pretty much never buy it because of the vast difference in effectivenss it has on them compared to Evelynn and Skarner.

With abilities the only feasible effects generally have to boost things by a percentage (like 10% increased damage) so that cooldowns don't matter. That, or include cooldown times in the formula for chance and bonus damage - which could become complicated to represent in a tooltip.

RokudoKou

12-13-2012

Ur right in something. The jungle itemization is kinda limited. For the most cases i would buy the HP + Tenacity item or just stick with spirit stone and sell it later. A slot is way too much for such crappy stats (instead of the hp + tena item)