[Champion Concept] Ezeris- The Shadow Thief

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Osprii

11-27-2012

[Champion Concept]- Ezeris, The Shadow Thief

Quote:
Overview: (please read)
Ezeris has very, very complicated abilities. I understand that you might not understand them, so post any questions. I also understand that the ideas I have on his E and R may not be viable in the game, no matter how much tweaking I do, but that doesn't mean I won't post them, because they are too awesome to not post.
***In a nutshell, Ezeris is an AP caster (who is close to being DPS) that is meant for jungling and ganking and sneakiness. He is able to take on the form of an enemy minion or any neutral monster aside from Baron Nashor. I thought this would be a ridiculously awesome way to counter jungle or gank enemies, if you are skilled enough to pull off the deception and not die. His ultimate is a less-radical idea, but still quite tricky. It is essentially a regeneration buff like Zilean's ultimate or GA, but only for himself. Also, he can control where he respawns by moving his "shadow", which is a stealthed, untargetable pet that deals no damage. This will allow him to fake his death, then respawn far away from battle, or right next to a low health enemy, or inside the battle again, or wherever. It will also let him turret dive like a boss. Frankly, it's a versatile move, especially when used in conjunction with his ability to take the from of a minion. Tell me what you think, whether my idea sounds like fun, or not. Any comment is appreciated, because I won't have to bump this post myself.
Quote:
Appearance:
Ezeris is a dark, vaguely humanoid figure. He has no real features aside from his glowing purple eyes. The rest of Ezeris resembles a 3-dimensional shadow, simply black, though it is his actual body. He also casts a shadow, himself. When moving, he doesn’t walk, but instead floats along, though he does have distinctly visible legs (unlike nocturne).
Quote:
Abilities:

Innate: Deception
Ezeris will remain stealthed to enemy minions unless he attacks one, in which case he will only be revealed to the minions he attacked and will not appear on enemy shared vision. However, if Ezeris enters the vision of an enemy champion, turret, or ward, minions will attack Ezeris as normal and he will not be stealthed.

*Note- This is to allow Ezeris to pull off his E (his ability which allows him to take the guise of enemy minions) without being very obvious and alerting the enemies every time.

Q: Night Slash
Ezeris strikes in front of him with dark energies, hitting all enemies within a semi-circle with a 450 unit radius. This deals 30/60/90/120/150 (+75% AD) (+50% AP) magic damage and grants a stack of Empower. Empower can stack up to 3 times and lasts 6 seconds. Each stack raises the mana cost of this ability by 10, grants it +10% damage, and causes it to apply a 10% slow for 2 seconds.
Cooldown: 3 seconds
Cost: 20 mana

W: Cloak of Shadows
Ezeris flashes to a location within 600 units and releases a flurry of shadows upon arrival. The shadows cover a circle with a 350 unit radius, deal 60/100/140/180/220 (+70% AP) magic damage, and blind enemies for 2/2.25/2.5/2.75/3 seconds.
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
Cost: 50/55/60/65/70 mana

E: Shadow Thief
Ezeris afflicts an enemy unit within 700 units, stealing the essence of their shadow over time. This deals an initial 60/100/140/180/220 (+70% AP) magic damage, then 15/25/35/45/55 (+20% AP) magic damage each second for the next 3 seconds, and Ezeris regenerates health and mana for 40% of the damage done. If Ezeris afflicts a minion or monster, the damage over time lasts 10 seconds instead of 3. Regardless of the duration of this damage, Shadow Thief will immediately go on cooldown.

Additionally, if Ezeris kills a minion or monster while they are being afflicted, he can reactivate this ability to use their stolen shadow to gain their appearance, temporarily. While using their shadow, he appears exactly like that minion or monster to all enemy and neutral units, champions, and structures, and will be treated as such by minions, monsters, and turrets. He will also gain the stats of that minion or monster. This effect can only last a maximum of 90 seconds and will end if Ezeris uses an ability or takes damage equivalent to the minion or monster’s health or 20% of Ezeris’ maximum health. Ezeris cannot take the appearance of a minion or monster while in the vision of an enemy champion, and he cannot take the appearance of Baron Nashor. Ezeris will lose his passive and cease to emanate auras while taking the guise of a minion.
Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 seconds
Cost: 60 mana

*Note- This ability is the main reason I posted Ezeris. If you don't understand it, feel free to ask me questions. If you do, please comment on this specifically. I want to discuss the idea.

R: Dark Rebirth
Ezeris transfers his soul into his shadow, leaving his body behind to take damage. Ezeris’ shadow will have health equal to 20/25/30% (+4% per 100 AP) of Ezeris’ maximum health. However, his shadow will stealth and become completely untargetable, and will not be able to deal damage. Ezeris can freely control its motion by pressing alt and right clicking on the field. It will not teleport back to Ezeris no matter how far away it moves. This shadow will last up to 30 seconds and has movement speed equal to that of Ezeris.
If Ezeris dies or reactivates this ability, then he dissolves into an explosion of shadows that deals 120/210/300 (+90% AP) magic damage within 500 units and fears all enemies for 1/1.5/2 seconds.After a .5 second delay, Ezeris’ soul will consume his own shadow to respawn with the shadow’s health at its location. If Ezeris reactivated this ability with more health than the shadow had, he will keep that amount of health. Upon respawning at his shadow, he will send out another explosion of shadows that deals 120/210/300 (+90% AP) magic damage and fears enemies for 1/1.5/2 seconds, however, enemies affected by the first explosion of shadows will not be affected by the second.
Cooldown: 160/140/120 seconds
Cost: 100/125/150 mana
Quote:
Lore:
An ancient art exists that grants the user the control of shadows. Long, long ago, though, it almost completely died out, a remnant existing only as forbidden techniques among the ninjas. But the art of shadows known by Zed and his followers is only a shallow and comparatively benevolent practice compared to the atrocities and dangers of the original magic.

Ezeris was a child abnormally in tune to the magical energies of this world. Even at a young age he was adept at sensing them, but he kept this to himself. He was a quiet, shy child that talked little, and so his natural gifts remained unknown until disaster struck.

Most children have imaginary friends, and Ezeris was no exception, only, his friend wasn’t so imaginary. Ezeris took to talking to his shadow, with his gift he was able to sense its sentience and communicate. The shadow told him many things, arts and practices unknown and unrevealed to man for generations. Ezeris was a perfect student, attentive and talented. Eventually, the shadow manipulated him to perform a twisted version of a summoning.

Ezeris, after finding a quiet area with adequate magical energy, began the dark ceremony, without knowing its true nature. As he finished, he felt a strange tugging sensation on his feet, then nothing. When he looked down, however, his shadow was gone. He couldn’t hear its voice anymore, either.

Ezeris faked being ill for several days so he could stay in bed and prevent people from noticing his shadow was gone. To his surprise, his parents and neighbors also began to fall sick, as if he really were contagious. They thought it was the same illness Ezeris claimed he had, until their skin began to blacken and rot, and their shadows faded away. The disease spread like wildfire, to everyone but Ezeris. The entire village fell sick and died, and all their shadows disappeared.

Once every single villager died, the shadow Ezeris had summoned off of himself returned to the frightened young boy, and Ezeris also saw his skin begin to blacken like a living shadow, but he did not sicken like the others, nor did his shadow disappear. Instead, his shadow returned to him; he became stronger, and gained control of the dark magic to a terrifying extent. However, as he gained control of the magic, the shadow gained control of Ezeris' mind, twisting it to its purposes.

Fortunately, authorities were notified of the apparent disappearance of an entire village, and arrived as Ezeris was transforming. Summoners were quickly called in to imprison the boy-turned-shadow monster, and he was placed under observation. Ezeris nearly killed several summoners upon breaking from his prison, and it was decided he was to dangerous to continue to observe. Several methods to expel the shadow were attempted, and when they didn’t work, they attempted to simply kill Ezeris. None of them worked: Ezeris would always leave a shadow before he died, from which he was able to regenerate. To discover an effective means of disposing of Ezeris for good, and to keep him under control, the shadow was sent to serve in the League of Legends, to battle Runterra’s proven experts at killing things.

Osprii

11-28-2012

I updated the wording on his Innate and the damage on his ultimate. Now enemies are only affected by one of the two AoE effects in Living Shadow. I also reduced the ratio of the initial damage on Shadow Thief and raised its mana costs.

Void22

11-28-2012

All right lets see what I have to say:

For the passive, I suppose that its useful but, I personally feel that its to similar to what Evelyn has.
For the Q: If you want to retain the mana cost increase you will need to increase the number significantly. 5 mana is nothing.
For the W: Gives him a bit of escape ability and CC, I like it.
For the E: A fascinating ability if I do say so myself. I'm not sure if it would go down well in the game due to its immense utility and short cooldown (relative to its duration), but as I said before, the concept is simply fascinating.
As for the ult, I must say I really like it. Its interesting, suits him, and the fact that it brings him to the location and only allows enemies to be hit once prevents it from being OP.

All in all, a good champion. Hope you found this helpful and get more comments.

Osprii

11-28-2012

Thaaaaank you.

I just put the passive in because I wanted him to be able to kill an enemy minion and take its guise without showing up on the enemy mini map. If he showed on the mini map, he would be way to obvious. Other than that, he may as well not have a passive. I'll bring up the mana cost increase on his Q, you're right, 5 is not much. I think I'll double it.

Again, thanks for the feed back.

Osprii

11-29-2012

bump

Gradunk

11-29-2012

We don't need another shadow champ anytime soon, but i like your stuff and don't say much about it. so here i go...
Before reading the E, the passive sounds useless... we shall see...
Night Slash: Damage is good considering it is a spam. The stacks it can acquire have good effects. all in all, a good ability. I think the range might be a bit small though.
Cloak of Shadows: Basically a Shunpo with a blind. still seems balanced to me though.
Shadow Thief: I honestly cant see this being used effectively. If a minion is walking the wrong way, they would know it's him. not to mention the fact that he can't be seen by enemies at all, i think it would be very difficult to sneak up on someone while in this disguise.
-----Damage is good, but if you use this on a minion, the cd refreshes? super easy farm, then hp and mana sustain. the disadvantages and advantages of this ability balance eachother out.
Living Shadow: First thing i noticed, is that zeds shadow ability is called the same thing.
-----Untargetable for 30 seconds. such a griefer. i would allow people to be hit by both explosions, simply because, as of now, the damage for the cooldown is extremely low. I also don't really understand the health and damage thing, but that might be because i'm just tired lol.
I feel like i'm missing something here, so i'm not gonna say if i like it or not at this point. i will wait till tomorrow when hopefully there is a response.

Moby the White

11-29-2012

P. OP jungler
Q. suddenly passive doesn't matter due to aoe hit
W. was very saddened as a former rogue that CoS was not what I thought it was going to be but pretty neat idea nonetheless. make immune to spells for the duration of that spell and I'll let that slide :P
E.really cool concept not confusing at all
R. slightly confusing due to description of him is just a shadow no body so i was wondering where body came from?

Osprii

11-30-2012

Alright. Thank you for the reviews guys, I really appreciate them. I'll try to answer your questions and issues.

Innate: First off, on the passive, only minions are affected and not neutral monsters. All members of a monster camp will attack Ezeris. Yeah, that would be OP if he could take down monster camps individually. Didn't even think of that.

Q: The passive is only for the E, just to sneak up on a minion and use your E on them, then use your basic attacks to kill it. The range is about the same as Hecarim's, I think. Check: No, its actually larger. It's about as big as Garen's spin, but then again, Garen's lasts longer, and is a full circle, not half of one.. so maybe I'll increase the range a bit.

W: I don't know what CoS is... sorry. I'm still thinking about the names. Did you notice his Q is a Pokemon move? And apparently his ultimate is already one of Zed's. Perhaps this shall become "Trench coat of Shadows" so as to not disappoint anymore CoS players.

E: I was thinking Shadow Thief's deception may be difficult. However, I also think it is useable. If you are quick enough, you can rush in between the Inner and Outer turrets, kill an enemy minion with your E, basic attacks, and cleverly directed Q's, while not showing up on the mini map, and then follow along in the minion line, past the enemy Outer Turret, and right next to the enemy laners. It wouldn't work on mid-lane, though, because the turrets are so close. And the enemies can see him while he is in minion guise. He can also use this in the enemy jungle. Instead of stealing blue, kill a little lizard next to golem, then kill the enemy jungler as they are fighting the golem. The cooldown doesn't refresh on a minion, instead, the damage over time effect lasts longer. So, it does more damage to minions. Mostly to allow him to kill the minion (or monster) while the effect is still up, to allow him to steal their guise.

R: Dang it. Fine, Zed, take the name. Also to Moby the White, Ezeris does have a body, it just looks like a shadow. Because he has been infected, or possessed, or something, by his own shadow. It's in the lore, but I can't blame you, because I don't read the lore all the time, or maybe you did read the lore, but I didn't make a point of that... I'll try to rephrase it to make it less confusing. But me am not often so gooding the words good in the wording bad. Ahem.
Anyway to Gradunk, it isn't Ezeris that is untargetable, it is his pet, which deals no damage. The point of the pet is that Ezeris will come back to life (like a Guardian Angel buff or Zilean ult) at the location of the pet. So, he can move the pet far away and respawn somewhere else if he dies in a teamfight and needs to escape, or he can move the pet behind the enemy to fear them, or out of turret range if he is diving. That is why the damage is so low for the cooldown, because it is Zilean's ult that can't be used on allies, but with a fear, damage, and a gap closer for tricky-trickyness. You know what, maybe I even need to make the cooldown longer.

Thanks again for the reviews. And now I shall edit.

Osprii

12-01-2012

bump

NobSaiboot

12-01-2012

Bump for a very interesting champion...