What Are your thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarlakk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

I've got a group of friends and we all group up for PVP... we are all nooby as hell but we have came across a few techniques that seem to startle the opposition team into thinking we dont know what we're doing?

Technique #1:
Double Jungle - Apparently this is not original but We chose two champions, Olaf and Shaco... Becuase shaco can dodge out of fights easy it was his job to counter jungle. One person looks after bot lane and the other looks after Top and we coordinate our mid ganks. We have tried this game plan 5-6 times now and we have a 100% win rate.... Is this a fluke or is this a good technique to get into to?.

Technique #2:
Strange mids - Some players on our little noob team are better then others so occasionally we experiment by placing the so called 'better' Players in mid with odd champions such as Pantheon, Lee Sin, Garen... These are all champions that most people dont like going mid, not only do we put someone like that mid but we put a mid champion top, This works extremely well in draft pick... their counters mean nothing if they are not versing the champion they expected to .... It this really stupid or is there potential in switching things around a bit?.

Technique #3:
Saving Grace - This is a style of game that we only use if the other team has actively taken 2 or 3 more turrets then us. If we are in a situation like that were we are getting completely smashed. We all rush 'Gaudians Angel', the reason why this works so well is because many players are oblivious to the floating white ring thingo and it can turn a team fight around really well especially when you have a trynd ult or Anivia on the team... This has won many games for us, once again..... should we stick to our normal builds or is this a good idea to turn a game around?

I want to hear the public's opinion!

Keuzen

12-12-2012

Well, for your first technique, I smiled. I smiled because most would expect you guys to either be raging at eachother for jungle, or just trolling in the intention to lose, but I love this strategy because it is unexpected and hilarious.
I think that for your second strategy, AD mids are good because most go squishy AP casters with little armor. However, I think you should assign people in your teams positions, unless you specifically counter someone top, even though you should be mid. I think it is a pretty smart idea to occasionally change it up depending on your skill levels.
I think your third strategy is pretty smart, especially to surprise the enemy and also turn the tides of a fight. Most will kill someone and sit there like an idiot, waiting for him to come back up while you all pound on their team. I also think it would be good to, instead of GA, rush banshee's veil if there are many casters or people with abilities that hit hard, especially because it also gives you health.

adc

12-12-2012

1. Silly. You're wasting two hero's income and pressing a hero that can't handle a 2v1 into a 2v1 (generally). Same reason you put two bot but not two top - you waste an income source.

2. There's a reason heroes like Panth are good mid right now (namely Black Cleaver). But heroes like Lee Sin can play mid well, yes.

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoQ6FdaQwvM

Zarlakk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keuzen View Post
Well, for your first technique, I smiled. I smiled because most would expect you guys to either be raging at eachother for jungle, or just trolling in the intention to lose, but I love this strategy because it is unexpected and hilarious.
I think that for your second strategy, AD mids are good because most go squishy AP casters with little armor. However, I think you should assign people in your teams positions, unless you specifically counter someone top, even though you should be mid. I think it is a pretty smart idea to occasionally change it up depending on your skill levels.
I think your third strategy is pretty smart, especially to surprise the enemy and also turn the tides of a fight. Most will kill someone and sit there like an idiot, waiting for him to come back up while you all pound on their team. I also think it would be good to, instead of GA, rush banshee's veil if there are many casters or people with abilities that hit hard, especially because it also gives you health.
Thankyou for your feedback, we've been accused of trolling many times but we love to mix things up and I've never really gave banshee's veil a thought but I'll propose it to the team. Im so glad that there is another person out there who can see that AP squishes can get countered easy by a good AD melee.

<---- Regards Zarlakk

Zarlakk

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
1. Silly. You're wasting two hero's income and pressing a hero that can't handle a 2v1 into a 2v1 (generally). Same reason you put two bot but not two top - you waste an income source.

2. There's a reason heroes like Panth are good mid right now (namely Black Cleaver). But heroes like Lee Sin can play mid well, yes.

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoQ6FdaQwvM
even tho I disagree, thank you for your kind words of wisdom :P... Black cleaver is now a faveorite weapon of mine and the you tube vid doesnt want to load for me

adc

12-12-2012

Black Cleaver is being nerfed in the next patch, so I'm not sure how viable Pantheon mid will remain - but I do know that Lee Sin can definitely mid effectively.

Here's the reasoning behind the "meta" as it is now:

You have four income sources. You have top, middle, and bottom lanes, and you have the jungle. But you have 5 people - so you pick one hero that can do well without gold. That's your support. You have two carries (one that focuses on magic damage, one on physical damage). The AP carry scales more off levels, and so you want him to have a solo lane. Because middle lane is shorter, you put the AP carry middle (as it's the safest lane). The AD carry and the support go bottom because dragon is closer to bottom than to top lane. You have a jungler to take advantage of the fourth income source, and then a solo top because that's the only lane left.

Putting a second jungler in the jungle does two things:

One, it removes some of the income from BOTH heroes, making them effectively weaker (as a fully farmed hero will generally be stronger than two half farmed heroes). Two, it puts more pressure on your AD carry, who does not scale well with levels and does not have a good laning phase without a support (especially if it's 2v1). He'll struggle to farm, and because of that, he won't be nearly as effective as the enemy ADC. Put those two together, and (assuming both teams are of an adequate skill level) you'll lose more often than not.

Now, of course, you're not a pro level player. So it will probably work far more often at a lower level where people don't know how to deal with the strategy. But against good, strong players you're just putting yourself at a disadvantage.

As to the youtube video: It's just a teamfight between M5 and EloHell where they basically all have GAs. The GA is a very, very strong item and a lot of the time you want to build it.

Zarlakk

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Black Cleaver is being nerfed in the next patch, so I'm not sure how viable Pantheon mid will remain - but I do know that Lee Sin can definitely mid effectively.

Here's the reasoning behind the "meta" as it is now:

You have four income sources. You have top, middle, and bottom lanes, and you have the jungle. But you have 5 people - so you pick one hero that can do well without gold. That's your support. You have two carries (one that focuses on magic damage, one on physical damage). The AP carry scales more off levels, and so you want him to have a solo lane. Because middle lane is shorter, you put the AP carry middle (as it's the safest lane). The AD carry and the support go bottom because dragon is closer to bottom than to top lane. You have a jungler to take advantage of the fourth income source, and then a solo top because that's the only lane left.

Putting a second jungler in the jungle does two things:

One, it removes some of the income from BOTH heroes, making them effectively weaker (as a fully farmed hero will generally be stronger than two half farmed heroes). Two, it puts more pressure on your AD carry, who does not scale well with levels and does not have a good laning phase without a support (especially if it's 2v1). He'll struggle to farm, and because of that, he won't be nearly as effective as the enemy ADC. Put those two together, and (assuming both teams are of an adequate skill level) you'll lose more often than not.

Now, of course, you're not a pro level player. So it will probably work far more often at a lower level where people don't know how to deal with the strategy. But against good, strong players you're just putting yourself at a disadvantage.

As to the youtube video: It's just a teamfight between M5 and EloHell where they basically all have GAs. The GA is a very, very strong item and a lot of the time you want to build it.
I guess the black cleaver kinda need a nerf its sooooo OP right now, You're 100% right by saying Now, of course, you're not a pro level player. So it will probably work far more often at a lower level where people don't know how to deal with the strategy. But against good, strong players you're just putting yourself at a disadvantage."... thats why im asking for opinions because I would like to know if this stuff startles higher level opponents. Thank you for your Feed back 'AD'... GA is almost apart of my main build now .

adc

12-12-2012

Well it would probably startle them into laughing, that's for sure.

Zarlakk

Zarlakk

12-20-2012

Another great example was last night, Last night we versed a team and they put 3 top 1 mid 1bot... That top turret went down in 2-3mins, and it looked like we were going to get dominated... in the end we still won but it was defiantly a wake up call.