1300 main ADC in need of a good support to carry games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

top tier baddie

12-12-2012

I am looking for a support to duo with to carry solo-queue games. Other than being at least equally skilled as me, I am looking for someone who shares the same views about league of legends and solo queue play.

Don't read any further if you don't use skype or any communication software.

What do I think is a support's role?
The majority of people in solo-queue would rather play something other else than support. Thus, often times supports are just there for the ride, even though they could be so much more. The impact a good support player can make on a game is underestimated and good supports undervalued.

As someone who mains adc, I have come to realize the huge impact a properly played support can make. If I have a poor support, who decides to sit in the brush the whole time and do nothing, I feel like its 1v2. There are so many times when the enemy adc/support are out of out of position and could be killed, but my support is too slow react. It's frustrating. On the other hand, if I have a support who reacts, as I do, it almost always results in a kill or they get zoned out of cs, which usually secures the win. Bottom lane is a partnership, not a solo job, an excellent support is priceless!

Do I think elo hell is real?
No I don't, if you are truly good enough to be at a higher elo then you should dominate your lane every time. You should crush your lane opponent with ease every time. You should always force the enemy jungle to camp you to alleviate pressure from other lanes. You should win your lane so hard, take the tower early, and roam to snowball other lanes.

Of course, you won't win every game. There will be games where the other lanes will feed so hard that they are not able to be carried. However, the majority of games are able to be carried if you dominate your lanes and crush your opponent rendering him useless to his team and then proceed to roam. If you can't dominate your lane for 80-90% of your games at your elo then you have no right to complain about being stuck at that elo.

How do I think bottom lane can carry games?
At this elo especially, I see most bottom lanes try and farm passively, not attempting to force out and zone the enemy adc and support. When I actually do see a bottom lane go aggressive and the adc/support coordinate with each other properly, they usually completely dominate their opponent. This not only causes the aggressor to snowball, it also forces the other enemy lanes/jungle to try and stop the slaughter. Thus, alleviating pressure from the other lanes and allowing them to farm, take towers, push, etc. Players at this elo are often caught off-guard to this play style and don't know how to react. They become overwhelmed, break down, and become near useless to there team.

Things I expect from you:
- Don't play the game high during solo queue. If you take hits before every match then your reaction time is going to be **** and you are going to play like ****. (Personal experience)
- Have common sense
- Have a good reaction time. Winning lane is by reacting to enemy mistakes and capitalizing them.
- Be able to spec accordingly and expand your versatility to do things like counter certain match ups, promote synergy, and try out new strategies. This means you have multiple rune pages, etc.
- Have knowledge of how other lanes work.
- Be able to play aggressively and fast paced.

You can expect the same from me!

If you are interested, post in this thread and I will contact you!

FaerKhan

12-12-2012

I wouldnt mind trying it, but I'm not going to be playing a whole lot over the holidays... Add me if you're interested.

~Faerkhan

DaCustodian

12-12-2012

I would like to try. I'm not 1300 ranked but I'm a skilled player around that level

12Tables

12-12-2012

Most the time, I'd just ignore these post and move on but your's intrigued me. You seem like an intelligent person and someone who actually knows their stuff about the game and how it works, (which I don't see often in how people present themselves on the forums).

Anyway, I am support. I prefer support over any role in this game because to me there is nothing better than being the one on the team who is responsible for the well being of the rest of the team. I consider the job of the support to first and foremost keep my team alive and their secondary function is to control the map. I love wards and even with sight stone, I still love using my gold to buy more wards.

I am fairly skilled with a large number of supports and even with some sudo supports (like galio, anivia, voli etc.) I have a good understanding of the game maxing out at just under 2k season 1. Do to some issues I haven't been able to play much of season 2 (only played about a week of season 2) although I still followed the game closely. I'm looking to get back into the game this season and into the 2k elo range. So I'm always interested in people who seem like they are good players.

If you are interested in playing with me some time add OddSquad in game.

adc

12-12-2012

Anivia, a pseudo support? How so? She's absolutely horrible without gold, her W is her only saving grace. At least Galio and Voli have other things :l.

chomcham

12-12-2012

Hit me up if you need someone around that elo. I will be more then glad to help further increase your elo. I will be on around 920 est. I play every night and I woyuld like to try and get further up the elo ladder.

12Tables

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Anivia, a pseudo support? How so? She's absolutely horrible without gold, her W is her only saving grace. At least Galio and Voli have other things :l.
Well for one back in the day she had a trick called wall stun. Where if you knew how to place a wall you could trap an enemy in it for the duration of a wall. Combine that with An AOE stun, high base damages on spells (due to double proc) 20% Move speed and Attack speed buff aoe (only cost 40 mana per sec since you don't need it for the damage) Late game you can hold a lane and stall games with your ability to clear waves (even with Low AP).

Since you mentioned the Wall. Anivia's wall is still one of the most powerful CC moves in the game. Being able to literally turn a 5v5 to a 5vX, Wall lock your opponent in certain areas, (Wall lock example: Locking a player in Blue Buff), It can force bad pathing, ward drops, flash and other moves with a little pressure behind it.

Anivia can do quite a bit more than people realize you just have to know how to play her. Plus people said that GP was a troll pick Support, Zyra was a troll pick support. And then there was a time where it was kill lanes bot and if you chose a support you were considered a troll. There are more ways than the Meta to play this game. Try to think outside the box a bit. (J4, Karthus and Leblanc are among some other champs that can function as a support with success even though its not their normal role).

aphronyaa

12-12-2012

blablabla, at 1300 you can carry games having a random support that doesn't even know what smart casting is. Especially if you "main AD" like you say you do.

deathmetalfan

12-12-2012

Add me. I am fairly good at playing supports and am always looking for good ADs to pair up with. Generally speaking, when I lane with an AD who knows how to control his lane, we end up winning so I must be doing something right.

I play a number of supports including Taric, Soraka, Alistar, Sona, Nunu and Janna and am aware of the synergies between these and the popular AD carries. Will be picking up Leona soon.

DTRUCKINGRAILER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

You bring up some good points, but you should also not put all your eggs in one basket. Having both Duo partners in the same lane will cause all your other lanes to lose.

Best combo in my experience is Mid/Jung because you can carry all lanes.

As a main support player I will never play it in solo q, because if I get a bad ADC, the game is over right then and there (you can tell within 2 minutes). They will attack random minions and push the lane and be unable to concentrate on creeps at the same time your support harasses the enemy. I was 1200 season 2 playing support, I'm 1400 s3 already just playing mid for my 10 seeding matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flahkin View Post
Don't play the game high during solo queue. If you take hits before every match then your reaction time is going to be **** and you are going to play like ****.
Yeah well that rules me out then anyway.