Girls Sick of the BS PLZ READ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaalika View Post
It's partly that publishers have been reluctant to let go of the self-fulfilling cycle of "young hetero men buy our games so let's make games for them as the target market" rather than experimenting in pleasing some secondary markets and see if those can actually become primary markets via being, you know, targeted.
That's actually an issue I have... instead of making something strong and marketing it on its strengths rather than trying to sell the ***. I'm pretty certain there have been studies that show that *** doesn't even sell like people believe it does; otherwise the shallow games that rely on that as their marketing ploy wouldn't flop since they have no substance. League of Legends, for instance, stands on its own without the skimpily clad women, so it would be nice to see them have some faith in the game they created and not rely on skin to make money.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

12-14-2012

it's fact men and womans minds are wired differently and they have different interests by default. most people you will ever meet who preach against gaming are woman and men who converted after years of gaming, most random people you will ever skype with on an online pvp war game will be male. nothing will ever change this reality. woman are more into things like facebook and twitter, and possibly a social game like farmville or sims, maybe a puzzle game like bejeweled. but not some pvp war game. they won't understand how guys can like that kind of thing, they won't understand how guys can get fun from that.

Kaalika

12-14-2012

Uhh Damein, you're arguing that with a woman posting on this very thread. About 30% of mmo gamers are women, sometimes equal to men in RPGs. I met a lot of other women in SWTOR, for example.

Brain wiring is an issue that people keep bringing up but as of right now we have zero way to tell if that's a nature or nurture result. If you find hard studies on this where they've trained girls to be more like boys during their formative years (discouraged "sharing & caring" and encouraged strong, silent, combative behaviour) and still found differences in the brain please let me know.

It's only LoL that has only around 10% women players and that's from the attitude of the community more than the game itself. Trust me on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
That's actually an issue I have... instead of making something strong and marketing it on its strengths rather than trying to sell the ***. I'm pretty certain there have been studies that show that *** doesn't even sell like people believe it does; otherwise the shallow games that rely on that as their marketing ploy wouldn't flop since they have no substance. League of Legends, for instance, stands on its own without the skimpily clad women, so it would be nice to see them have some faith in the game they created and not rely on skin to make money.
True. *** gets attention, but just like in a relationship it'll fall apart if there's nothing else there. Haha.

Masabluna

12-14-2012

Ergh.

I don't get the point of this thread at all.

First of all...

"wont harass you for being a girl."

This. How do they find out you're a girl anyway? I have never been in a pre-game lobby where someone has said "Is anyone a girl here" or "asl". Do your friends just say "HEY I AM A GAMER GIRL LOOK AT ME I AM A GIRL PLAYING A VIDEO GAME GIVE ME SPECIAL ATTENTION!"

I can understand if they want to use a girly name as their username but if a guy asks you if you're a girl why can't you just say "Yes" and if he is bothering you over and over just use the mute button?

Stop trying to make a big deal over something that can easily be solved by a click of a button and or not whoring out your gender.